What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

I finally decided to tackle my HO Koki cars today, the 3 Tomix 50000 were a snap, I installed the mounts for the containers and started attaching a the containers that I have been slowly collecting. The Tomix HO Koki 50000 are very nice but the Kato Koki 104 cars are leagues ahead of the Tomix cars. The bogies on the Kato have far more detail over the Tomix, almost making the Tomix ones look like blobs in comparison. As for my sanity......that is another story. The dry transfers for the Kato cars were falling of the sheet, between the two boxes of Koki 104 I only managed to save enough transfers to decal 3 of the 4 cars, then came the rotating roller bearing caps, a very nice feature which I have only seen once before on Athearn tank cars but wow are those things hard to get on, it took me almost 2 hours and I am sure I lost half a dozen or more of them, good thing Kato gives a few spares. If I get brave and the next time they are available I might replace the Tomix bogies with Kato ones.

Keiichi,

Kato's HoKi 2200 hopper wagons also feature rotating bearing caps. In the morning I can post a photo showing the method I use to apply them that's fairly effective.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

Keiichi,

Kato's HoKi 2200 hopper wagons also feature rotating bearing caps. In the morning I can post a photo showing the method I use to apply them that's fairly effective.

Cheers,

Mark.

Oh joy, I have a couple Hoki 2200 on order ;)

Still not home - dramas at work - so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning. Sorry! :)

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1

Here is a pic of my entire HO Japanese freight car fleet.  I was able to number that last Kato car with individual numbers, not fun but at least they are done.  I still have to number the Tomix cars but seeing as they are new stock I am sure the dry transfers are in good shape. Sorry for the picture, my camera went missing when we moved and the ipod takes terrible shots of miniatures.

HO Koki

• Like 3
marknewton

I paid a quick visit to the club tonight before heading off to work. My three most recent purchases were a Tenshodo Kiha22 , a four car set of Kato series 14 passenger cars, and a Tomix Saro153-900 car to go with my Series159 excursion train.

gallery_22_66_392372.jpg

gallery_22_66_1370869.jpg

gallery_22_66_592269.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 10
serotta1972

I'm back!  Just when I thought I was out of the Japanese HO game, they pull me back in.  Got me some Tomix Meitetsu Trams through another forum member.  I like trams and trolleys but not in N scale.

post-2776-0-97286500-1494650867_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-89219500-1494650878_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-87412700-1494650870_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-62801200-1494650883_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-75300300-1494650873_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-40620200-1494650876_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7
marknewton

Lovely models, aren't they? Can I suggest that under no circumstances whatsoever should you look at, or think about buying any Tomix Kotoden cars...? :)

Pre-Ordered 2 HO Tomix Koki 106 with Yamato Transport containers from Nariichi-san. Can never have enough Koki, in any scale. ;)

I am still on the fence about ordering two HO Kiha 65 in place of non available MicroAce Kiha 40, which I really want. I am not sure if two Kiha 65 together is prototypical or not but I am not a fan of the Kiha units without a pilot of some kind, it just looks odd for me. :/

• Like 1
serotta1972

Got me a Tomix Railbus Type Kiha10 on Amazon JP for a good price and free shipping and it got to me in 3 days via DHL.  

post-2776-0-68563400-1495428408_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-11386100-1495428411_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-04312300-1495428414_thumb.jpegpost-2776-0-00244700-1495428417_thumb.jpeg

Took some comparison photos with a Marklin Maintenance Car and Meitetsu 510 Tram.  It bears some resemblance a to VW Bus. :)

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 7
marknewton

I am still on the fence about ordering two HO Kiha 65 in place of non available MicroAce Kiha 40, which I really want. I am not sure if two Kiha 65 together is prototypical or not but I am not a fan of the Kiha units without a pilot of some kind, it just looks odd for me. :/

Looking through a number of my books there's photos of two Kiha 65s running coupled, so it is prototypical. But the most common thing seems to be 65s running as part of a consist with Kiha 58s.

As far as I can tell from photos, during the JNR era just about any combination of Kihas was possible. One night when it was quiet at work I searched about a dozen Yamakei colour books for DMU photos, and listed all the various different combinations and consists that were shown. What I finished up with was a big list...

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
marknewton

Some cute little cars, made by Time:

gallery_22_66_83967.jpg

A light overspray with Dullcote and some subtle weathering should make these little models look the part.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
marknewton

More Tenshodo Seki3000/6000 hopper cars, seen here on the Kitchenbenchbahn...

gallery_22_66_17978.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 9

You have a very forgiving wife mark! Did you do the dishes first to payup for this?! ;-p

Jeff

• Like 2
marknewton

Yes Jeff, you guessed it!

But tonight she's working late, and a new addition to the JNR railcar fleet arrived today:

gallery_22_66_163488.jpg

Kiha 45 from Tramway. Like every other model I have from this manufacturer, it's gorgeous. The detail, finish and performance can't be faulted.

I've also got another Mani 60 luggage van. I bought this one from forum member Nariichi at ModelTrainPlus. It's also a lovely model which I'll detail and letter when I get a few quiet moments to myself.

gallery_22_66_653286.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 9
VentureForth

Those are BEAUTIFUL.  You'd hate to mess with them at all, but just a bit of weathering and the right background, it'd be hard to tell it was a model.

• Like 1
kevsmiththai

I'm still picking up Tenshodo and Rokuhan Locos as I go along. these can run on my Republic Steel layout when I display it in Japanese form and i still plan on making a rural Japanese layout at some stage. There will be no Catenary, no diesels, perhaps a small wayside station and some bridges just scenery and scale length trains.

Anyway, the line up so far are stood outside the roundhouse on one of my other layouts

IMG_9219_zpspzg6tnbk.jpg

D51 2, D51 542, D51 612, C62 3, C62 15 and C11 165 next on the shopping list a couple of C57s

cheers

Kev

• Like 7

My Pre order from AmiAmi of 4 Koki 106 and one package of Loginet containers arrived today. I am up to 11 HO Koki now and a have a few more on order from MTP with Yamato Transport Containers due in October.  Getting deeper into Japanese HO then I planned ;)

AmiAmiKoki

Edited by keiichi77
  • Like 4

What loco are you going to use to haul them?

Cheers,

Mark.

I have an EF-510 currently but have a Kato DE-10 and Tomix EF64-1000 on order.   Of course now Kato is re-running the DE-10 in renewal JRF paint so I might order that one as well........getting deeper into HO ;)

• Like 1

The Kato DE10s are very good models. Well detailed, good performance, and easy to convert for DCC if need be. Im sure you'll like them! :)

Speaking of Kato, these arrived yesterday:

gallery_22_66_697057.jpg

14 series cars. I really like these.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 10
bnicolas1987

Hi,

Not especially a japanese locomotive, but the Swiss Re 460 with Japan Adwert on it is arriver by me.

IMAG2183.jpg

IMAG2184.jpg

IMAG2185.jpg

IMAG2186.jpg

I really like this locomotive.

See you.

Nicolas

• Like 7