What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

And now you'll have to recreate a significant portion Hakubi Line as well... :grin

Well, the bridge scene at least.  :)

140225n202n.jpg

Our permanent club layout is progressing nicely, and scenic work has started. Since it has to accomodate various prototypes the scenery will be generic, so I've put in a bid to build a bridge scene based on the one above. Wish me luck!

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 3

That's correct. Each individual loco needs a crew to drive and fire. The driver of the leading loco has control of the auto/train brake, while the other drivers can only use the independent/engine brake.

Having said that, there are some steam locos in preservation that have provision for MUing with a diesel. The nearest anyone has come to building a steam loco with MU capability would be the well-known German "Zwillinge" 0-6-0Ts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_African_Zwillinge

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

That's correct. Each individual loco needs a crew to drive and fire. The driver of the leading loco has control of the auto/train brake, while the other drivers can only use the independent/engine brake.

Having said that, there are some steam locos in preservation that have provision for MUing with a diesel. The nearest anyone has come to building a steam loco with MU capability would be the well-known German "Zwillinge" 0-6-0Ts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_African_Zwillinge

Cheers,

Mark.

The experimental 0-6-0+0-6-0 ST double locomotive built for the McCloud River RR by Baldwin could actually be driven from one regulator, AFAIK.

Cheers NB

Mark, there is a story that back in the 80's a new roster clerk booked on a single crew at Gympie to relieve a double headed steam tour in the belief that the locos would be MUed.

My C12's passenger train, a Tramway Suha42 and a Kato Ohafu33.  I think I prefer the Tramway car, you can't see it in the photo but to me the interior lighting looks more realistic than the nuclear meltdown, issue the passengers with sunglasses type of lighting Kato seem to prefer.

post-182-0-41416000-1397109632_thumb.jpg

Nick_Burman

I should be sticking to N scale, but I couldn't resist...bought an old MDC kit for an "Overton" business car. Not Japanese, this will be assigned to the SG side of my sugar mill RR to ferry "brass" and VIPs around. Inspiration for the purchase came from Canada, where the Thurso & Nation Valley Railway (a now-long-closed logging pike E of Ottawa, eastern Canada's last) had a former CP shorty wooden business car used for the same purpose. This coach is now in the hands of the Bytown Railway Society in Ottawa, I have a soft spot for it so I plunked my geld for this MDC kit. It makes a dandy "inspection train" coupled behind my GE 45ton loco...

Cheers NB

Nick_Burman

Today I went on my usual weekend jaunt to my LHS (it also serves as a meeting place for modellers and railfans), only to be graced by the arrival of a Rivarossi U.S.Army S100 0-6-0T loco in US version (with switching pilot, air compressor and bell) that I had ordered a few months ago when RR announced the release. It's an absolutely beautiful model; not being Japanese, it will join the standard-gauge side of my sugar mill.

Cheers NB

bnicolas1987

Yes, it's a very nice model, I have two of them.

But you'll see that there is no free space for a decoder...

Yes, it's a very nice model, I have two of them.

But you'll see that there is no free space for a decoder...

I was going to use the NGDCC HO EF65 replacement board.  I had assumed that installation would be identical to the EF81 TL Exp.

bnicolas1987

I don't know whate you're talking about, I used an ESU decoder for all my locomotives, can you show some pictures?

Darklighter

In the last couple of days lots of packages arrived: Tomix Koki 106 cars from AmiAmi; Endo Containers, a HobbyModel Koki 50000 kit, container decals and an Endo Prus Tora 55000 kit from HS; lots of stuff from Rakuten sellers Wagonichi, HW Japan, Sakatsu and Hobby Plaza Bigman (due to the recent free shipping campaigns  ;) ).

post-225-0-83946500-1402003004_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
bnicolas1987

Hi,

I got a big order last day...

post-1810-0-34940500-1402220470_thumb.jpg

post-1810-0-89093700-1402220472_thumb.jpg

post-1810-0-30550000-1402220475_thumb.jpg

post-1810-0-58664900-1402220477_thumb.jpg

post-1810-0-68438200-1402220479_thumb.jpg

post-1810-0-71317700-1402220481_thumb.jpg

I finally find an HO cassiopeia and it is brand new, I'm very happy!!! The two other locomotives were in stock at Tomix.

Edited by bnicolas1987
  • Like 2

In the last couple of days lots of packages arrived: Tomix Koki 106 cars from AmiAmi; Endo Containers, a HobbyModel Koki 50000 kit, container decals and an Endo Prus Tora 55000 kit from HS; lots of stuff from Rakuten sellers Wagonichi, HW Japan, Sakatsu and Hobby Plaza Bigman (due to the recent free shipping campaigns  ;) ).

Freight train goodness! :D

bnicolas1987

Hi,

Ordered yestersay, EF 81 in rainbow livery and EF 81 in Hokutosei livery, both from Tomix HO.

And pre order done for the Sunrise Express, I hope it will be well made.

See you.

Claude_Dreyfus

Was exhibiting at the weekend, and found this rather special locomotive...a ROCO BR41 Perfect for our new club project.

post-109-0-78869800-1410193141_thumb.jpg

A thing of beauty is a joy to behold etc. etc. It also runs perfectly.

Claude_Dreyfus

Planning a German-themed layout?

Building a German-themed layout. 

The club have decided to base our new layout on 1950s Berlin, inspired by Freidrichstrasse. Not really a JNS theme, but progress is tracked on another forum...details below:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87630-inspired-by-berlin-friedrichstrasse/

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 1

Wow! Since this was a border station, you got to model both east and west German stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkpoint_Charlie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Berlin_Bhf_Friedrichstrasse_Lageplan_Grenzabfertigung.jpg

What kind of operations do you plan for the layout? (especially that it's time range is before the wall but after the war, so the occupation zones are already there, including the DB and DR divide)

Claude_Dreyfus

The layout is not a copy of Freidrichstrasse, more an impression of it - despite sharing the name. We will be trying to add some check-points, and there will be some military presence; however one of the main impressions I am trying to capture is the change between the architectures...there is an East German block of flats under construction.... 

My postie brought a new Rokuhan DE10. Nice loco, and runs brilliantly by itself, but as it only weighs 15 grams I'm wondering how it will go on grades with a train behind it. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

BTW, what does "Cold District" signify?