What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

2 Wamu 50000s and four more Tora variants, all Hobbymodel arrived last week, have started one of the Wamus. Also have 2 of the Kato Toras on the way.

Where did you get those?

Wow! That's impressive!  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

Actually Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg once put 8 IORE locos (actually four sets of twin locos) on front 2212 freight cars adding up for a total of a about 270 meters long model train. They ran 3km with that train so it worked pretty well. I can not find pictures of it weird enough.

Where did you get those?

The Wamus and Toras were from Hobby Search, the Kato Toras were from Jauce as I didn't know of other options when I purchased them, but I think I have come across them in a few stores since.

Cheers, Andrew

• Like 1
John P Boogerd

TOKYU DEHA 80 - as I spent my childhood in Holland, I got very used to trams in the city - I really wanted a tram on my Japanese layout to be built soon - I like the Enoden railcars that I have (Tramway 10 and 20, Modemo 108) but they are not really trams to me - now I bought one in Japan.  It is a KTM brass model of the Tokyu Deha 80 that is still brand new in the box - I am so looking forward to its arrival.

post-168-0-62424300-1386355249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mark & All, received last Thursday, and some running trials on "Glenburn" since - I took a few pictures but left them at home. You're right, ridiculously smooth mechanism and very crisp moulding/painting. The loco has all the handrails and hoses applied but there is a complete secon set of spares. I haven't seen this before (is it common with Japanese HO?). There's a bit of detailing I would like to do and the lightest of weathering - will take me a little while to build up the courage to touch such a beautiful model - then will post a picture in my layout page etc. I'm a bit tempted to dull cote it to remove the plastic sheen but a bit concerned it may alter the colour - has anyone on the forum done this?

Also have ordered Endo's Wafu 29500 and Re 12000. Tempting to add some more wagons to the Christmas list. :^ )

Cheers, Andrew

Re: Tramway DD16 - will certainly let you know.

post-1644-0-73822600-1386585036_thumb.jpg

It looks amazing!!!

I'm waiting on it,, It will arrive in a few days, I'll take pictures as soon as possible.

How are the couplers between the cars?

See you.

Nicolas

G'day all,

Just a quick post - between work and home these last few days I've been flat out like a lizard drinking.

Here's four photos of my passenger engines. Two are models I've had for a while, and two are recent arrivals.

11349204844_59dde78245_c.jpg

Toby 6760

11349206794_c4d4e07938_c.jpg

Tenshodo C58

11349096215_b8decb4b5b_c.jpg

Tenshodo C51

11349201704_6599f76301_c.jpg

Tenshodo C57

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 3

Not new as it the bits for it have been with me for a few months, but...

rd81.jpg

wb67.jpg

lwg0.jpg

I finally came round to assembling my Arumo boxcab. Lovely little machine, very easy to assemble, I wonder why on earth folks here don't seem to go more for Arumo kits? These kits are also very flexible as far as usage is concerned, so much so that the loco looks very much at home hauling either Japanese freight cars or my "Al Capone" (so dubbed because the cars are all 1920's vintage) train.

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman
  • Like 1

Jeff,

I get my stuff from one of 2 sources: one is Yoshiya Kobayashi in Niigata, http://www.justmystep.justhpbs.jp/, and the other is a pro modelmaker in Tokyo whom a friend of mine found out while searching for a English-speaking kindred soul who could source him some parts. I don't divulge this last source because he does it for me as a favour.

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman

Mark they are all great but i have to mark my fav as the 6760, simple yet amazing.

It`s a shame the attention to detail on the c58 wasn`t as good on the tender an the rest of it. the detail around the boiler is great though.

NB nice job how long did it take. I still have a kit left from the World crafts i bought. i broke the front roof though so i may never finish it :(

• Like 1
Mark they are all great but i have to mark my fav as the 6760, simple yet amazing.

It`s a shame the attention to detail on the c58 wasn`t as good on the tender an the rest of it. the detail around the boiler is great though.

NB nice job how long did it take. I still have a kit left from the World crafts i bought. i broke the front roof though so i may never finish it :(

Keitaro,

Sorry, I only saw you comment now. If you decide to build the kit in one shot it will take you 2 to 3 hours. In my case I spread it over a week, mainly because I wanted to glue the parts together straight with Araldite rather than ACC.

Cheers NB

I finally came round to assembling my Arumo boxcab. Lovely little machine, very easy to assemble, I wonder why on earth folks here don't seem to go more for Arumo kits? These kits are also very flexible as far as usage is concerned, so much so that the loco looks very much at home hauling either Japanese freight cars or my "Al Capone" (so dubbed because the cars are all 1920's vintage) train.

Lovely model Nick, looks great. What colour are you going to paint it?

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks Dave, glad you liked the photos.

You mention the detail on the C58s tender in comparison with the loco. On the real C58s the tenders are very plain, being of all-welded construction, so there isn't much in the way of detail or texture. What detail there is though the model captures very nicely. My limited photographic skills are more the problem!

All the best for the New Year,

Mark.

Lovely model Nick, looks great. What colour are you going to paint it?

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark,

I'm still unsure if the loco will be a JP or US engine* and that has a bearing on the fact that I haven't quite settled on the loco's colour scheme. It has to be a light colour otherwise she'll disappear...and a colour which can be used in both contexts, were I decide to change setting. Were it to be an US loco it would most likely be painted Traction Orange, but I have yet to see a TO JP locomotive or MU car... so far I'm partial to a Konan/Seibu E12 style scheme - gray roof, red body, dark(er) gray frame and safety stripes on the pilot. Another idea would see the loco decorated Nankai style, gray roof, green body, black frame, red pilot. So far the red scheme gets the nod. I'm open to ideas though.

* with my upcoming trip to JP I've become more partial to "16 Gauge". I think that you and BB will get company next year... :)

Cheers NB

• Like 1

G'day Nick,

As you say, a loco that size needs to be painted in a light colour. Like you, I've never seen a Japanese EL painted traction orange - but I've got a few photos of older MU cars painted in something that comes very close. There's a few featured in Wally Higgins' Showa30 books. Of the two schemes you mention, I think a Konan-style livery would look very handsome on this loco.

As for your trip to Japan, can I just say I'm a little envious?  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
G'day Nick,

As you say, a loco that size needs to be painted in a light colour. Like you, I've never seen a Japanese EL painted traction orange - but I've got a few photos of older MU cars painted in something that comes very close. There's a few featured in Wally Higgins' Showa30 books. Of the two schemes you mention, I think a Konan-style livery would look very handsome on this loco.

As for your trip to Japan, can I just say I'm a little envious?  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark, thanks. I forgot to add a 3rd possibility... a Mitsui Miike look: http://homepage3.nifty.com/t_yosi/jpg/miike04.jpg (now here is an easy MM loco to model!). Minus the blue pantograph, though.

One other issue pertaining painting here, I hand all my painting necessities to custom painters (although I have plans to buy an airbrush), most of whom are unworldly about railway matters - "Caboose Red, whassat?". Outside Brazilian paint schemes they haven't got the faintest ideas of what colours to use and the great majority have never heard of RAL, Munsell, RGB or CMYK scales applied to model paints. Plus the issue of sourcing paints, especially with the recent tightened postal regulations. So I'm trying also to stick to colours or shades which can either be sourced or easily formulated here, like auto paints (a modelling staple here in Brazil - available everywhere and these days auto stores even have machines which formulate colours according to your specs - but you need the scales!). So the red in the Konan scheme would end up being darker, like ALL red (a colour which, incidentally, gives most railfans here the creeps... :) ) http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=463089&nseq=8 Oh yes, forgot...white window frames...

Cheers NB

I've just won "this" on Yahoo Japan Auctions:

78um.jpg

A HobbyModel Re12000 reefer, assembled and weathered. US$60.00 - did I make a mistake?

There was also someone auctioning a batch of 7 Cement Terminal HoKi hoppers. I bid on those but lost - didn't authorize enough money on my CC at Shopping Mall Japan (the biiding proxy I used). But at least Mark Newton is right, they do turn up there from time to time.

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman
  • Like 1

Received more Minitrains HOn30. Two Krauss locos (one came in a set), two US-style passenger cars, 10 flatcars (to be used as cane cars). The Krauss locos would find ready use in an JP setting - they look like some of Iyotetsu's locos.

Cheers NB

post-283-0-34177700-1389825546_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-41568900-1389825561_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-73782900-1389825576_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-65956600-1389825592_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-16780700-1389825608_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-50755300-1389825623_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
DBSchenker60008

I received my Kato HO Scale E5 Shinkansen set from Japan yesterday and its a nice set from Kato. The next task is to get the two add-on carriage packs to make the full 10 car set ;). Once that project is put to bed. I will then get a EF510 from Kato.

Ordered a set of Kato HO Wamu 80000s, 2 Kato #6 manual turnouts, 4 Kato DC switch machines and some Kato figures from Hobby Shop Wagon Ichi at Rakuten.

Furthermore, I bought some Tillig Elite flex track and 3 Tillig Elite turnouts in Germany.

And last but not least, I ordered 3 MsCollection building kits (#1010, #1012, #1015) and some Echo Model parts from Sakatsu Gallery at Rakuten.

this month arrived  E5 full set, EF510 prestige in cassiopeia color form Tomix and set 089 cassiopeia ( from an auction) to complete the cassiopeia train.

this month arrived  E5 full set, EF510 prestige in cassiopeia color form Tomix and set 089 cassiopeia ( from an auction) to complete the cassiopeia train.

John P Boogerd

Just received a Kato railcar set - dark brown color type 41 and 55 - the product number is 3-502 but it is not in the catalogue - very nice brand new set.

post-168-0-35766000-1390499871_thumb.jpg