What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

Found three 10 series sleeper coaches to finish off a full Nichinan formation. 

These 3 are coaches 1,2,3 in the formation that travel from Kyoto and were left at Oita, before the train continued on to Miyazaki with a single sleeper remaining until the train terminated at Miyakonojo.

HO-513 and 514 were from the 2014 release and are courtesy of Rails of Sheffield thanks to an eBay discount promo. You can see that they originally cost ¥7500 and ¥7800 respectively in their time. The price paid was pretty much the same and are both new with all details and decals unused. Assumedly sitting on a shelf or in someone's collection for many years.  Not sure why Rails have so many difficult to find items. Seems slightly odd ordering Japanese stock from a UK retailer to ship to Japan but these things have been either difficult to find or ridiculously expensive in Japan. The Orone 10, especially. 

IMG_3139.thumb.jpeg.f1191aec2037e3571774bf207e7c5b4a.jpeg

HO-5015 was one of the same coaches released in 2019 with the only notable difference being that the A and B sleeper decals on the side of the coach are tampo printed rather than a dry rub decal.  This one I found a lone example in Treasure Trains in Kokura. A very lucky find. 

The 10 series were plagued with issues and reasonably short lived but I’m quite fond of their styling. Seems some of the ones that weren’t scrapped went to Thailand and Egypt. 

Slightly less exciting but will still be happily received is the order placed for re-manufacturing of Tomix double coupler that I will finally be able to add to my Tenshodo Kumoru 145

Edited by Kamome