What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

Hi,

Not especially a japanese locomotive, but the Swiss Re 460 with Japan Adwert on it is arriver by me.

I like this one very much as well! I have the N Gauge version on Pre-order

Between work and getting ready for the steam tram, I haven't done much actual modelling in the last few weeks. But I did manage to score one of these during the week, for a very good price:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10113687

The question is - do I rework it as a C57 or leave it as a Taiwanese engine?

Cheers,

Mark.

Finally got a HO EF64-1000 in the awesome renewal paint.   Wish I had the money for another on of these to double head my Koki train. ;)

Tomix Ho EF64-1000

• Like 6

Finally got a HO EF64-1000 in the awesome renewal paint.   Wish I had the money for another on of these to double head my Koki train. ;)

NICE! The milk carton is best EF64!

• Like 1

When I got home from work this evening there were two parcels waiting for me. These are what was inside them:

gallery_22_66_1392675.jpg

gallery_22_66_16075.jpg

gallery_22_66_41087.jpg

The steam loco is a Taiwan Railway Administration CT270, their version of the well-known JNR C57. The model is branded as being produced by Haskell/Kairyu, but is otherwise identical with the Tenshodo models of the C55 and C57 that were made a few years ago. I wonder what the relationship is between the three companies?

Anyway, the model itself is very nicely detailed and finished, with all of the specific TRA features accurately represented. I'm still undecided whether to rework it into a C57 or leave it alone. Modelling JNR in 1/80th scale is a niche pursuit, but modelling Taiwan is as obscure as it gets, I reckon! :)

The electric car is the newly-released Kato Kumoha 12. Like all of my other 1/80th scale Kato models it's got lovely fine detail and an equally fine finish. The only quibble I have is that if you want add-on details such as handrails, brake hoses, MU jumper cables, etc you have to buy a separate detail pack.

I don't know yet how either of these models run, but the boy and I are off to the club tomorrow night, so I'll report back soon.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 8

My pre order from MTP arrived today. The Kato DE10 and Hoki are beautiful.

large.IMG_3788.JPG.42b3583441bc02d5304ca943258fc7d0.JPG

Edited by keiichi77
  • Like 8
On 7/25/2017 at 7:41 AM, bnicolas1987 said:

Hi,

Not especially a japanese locomotive, but the Swiss Re 460 with Japan Adwert on it is arriver by me.

IMAG2183.jpg

IMAG2184.jpg

IMAG2185.jpg

IMAG2186.jpg

I really like this locomotive.

See you.

Nicolas

I love it! HO?

On 8/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, keiichi77 said:

My pre order from MTP arrived today. The Kato DE10 and Hoki are beautiful.

large.IMG_3788.JPG.42b3583441bc02d5304ca943258fc7d0.JPG

Nice!  I have a half dozen HoKis waiting for the rest of my preorder to come in at Nariichi's.

• Like 2

Two more additions to the electric fleet from Tenshodo arrived yesterday, an EF10 loco and a 4-car series 103 EMU. 

large.IMG_8827.JPG.90fa226cc28bf07f3de81

large.IMG_8830.JPG.9c091db78a71f1cafa359

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 6

Very nice, with or without sound?  I have the same one for my daughter and wished I would've gotten the one with sound as it wasn't that much more.  Enjoy!

Nice!

On my side, the tenshodo oldtimer coaches to do the SL Minakami or other SL with the D51 498 and C61 20

Retro_SL_Minakami.jpg

57043_1.jpg

57043_2.jpg

57044_1.jpg

57044_2.jpg

And a car in showcase with the two locomotives.

IMAG2376.jpg

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 9
9 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Very nice, with or without sound?  I have the same one for my daughter and wished I would've gotten the one with sound as it wasn't that much more.  Enjoy!

Without, sadly. I didn't know there was a version WITH sound. Kids love the eyes though, but are wishing for smoke haha

• Like 1

Today I took my first steps into HO. 

I picked up the Kato EF65 1000 (1-306) and some Tomix Kokis to get me started. (HO-718 and HO-714) 

I now need to look at some track to have a play around.

I am already deeply impressed by the jump in detail. I hope this doesn’t spell the end of my love of N gauge and I hope I enjoy still running long trains in N. I miss the ability to do shunting with the smaller scale so this will allow that. 

I also joined the the Kyushu Railway shop club which meet once a month. At least there’s an HO layout there I can run trains on.

Now planning to spend the next 8 weeks detailing the thing.

04F3A0F5-6935-44C5-B67B-4081840D8483.jpeg

• Like 8

Received a big box of Kato HO new releases from Nariichi-san yesterday:

1-601 Kiha 58 (powered) and 1-604 Kiha 28 (dummy)

Six 1-811 Hoki 2200 covered hoppers

1-805 Yo 8000 caboose

I've been wanting a small Kiha 58 consist for awhile (Mark’s fault), and I've also been looking for more Hoki 2200s for a few years for a switching plank - this brings me up to nine which should be enough.

Happy day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 14/10/2017 at 11:09 PM, Kamome said:

Today I took my first steps into HO. 

I picked up the Kato EF65 1000...Now planning to spend the next 8 weeks detailing the thing.

Turn your phone off, put on some ambient music, and relax. Make sure you have plenty of light to work by, and have a pair of plastic tweezers and a sprue cutter. The details will go on much more quickly than you think. :)

I always put the numbers on first, so the detail parts don't get damaged in the process. Cotton gloves and a soft foam cradle also help protect the numbers and parts while you're working. Good luck with it, and don't forget to show us the finished loco.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 3

Thanks for your tips, Mark. I also put the numbers on first.

Generally the detailing went reasonable well. There were a few areas which tested my patience somewhat but I am astounded at how much better the loco looks once completed.

The wipers were a particular challenge until I worked out that I could take the window hoods off. I also found the chromed parts on the window frames had a very fine tolerance to push into their recesses. I bent a couple in the process but luckily plenty were supplied on the sprue.

With hindsight, some ambient music would have helped keep the big throbbing vein on my forehead from almost exploding a couple of times but we got there. 

A minor gripe with the finished loco would be the grab handles under the windows. I am sure these have been modeled exactly but due to only 2 points of attachment, they don’t stay straight. (See photo, left grab handle) I may decide to glue these eventually but I can live with it for now.

Ive definitely been bitten. Already looking at other locos. I know Kato should be releasing more DE10s in JRF livery sometime this month.

3E2B795B-F641-407E-939F-B32AB4869E8C.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Some month ago a get the EF 64-1000 from Tomix, I manage only yet to fit it with DCC, add on parts and number plates anf here is it... And I do the other way as you for the fitting, first the DCC, then when the Shell is off all the parts, then the number and manufacturer plates and after i clean un the shell before refitting it on the chassis)

IMAG2551.jpg

As usual a little job to fit the decoder, but in this model there is enough free space.

Cheers.

Nicolas

Edited by bnicolas1987
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Two of the my 3 Koki 106 with Yamato containers arrived today from MTP.   The last one is coming from AmiAmi which I added to a non train order at the last minute.  You can never have enough right?  In any scale ;)

large.IMG_4421.JPG.6c02cd8420bddf38453ebf560684a7cd.JPG

• Like 6

Sounds like a good tee shirt, "You can never have enough model trains, in any scale!"

better than the classic "He who dies wirh the most toys wins" (bit morbid and sexist, but it's been bought for me three different times over the last 40 odd years so it must match my toy addiction...)

jeff

• Haha 2
  • Densha pinned this topic