What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

marknewton

Having gotten a pack of cast brass smokestacks from Echo Model to replace the rather unlovely originals on my 9600s, I think this is one particular loco worth modelling:

post-22-0-99512400-1462539532_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

marknewton

Latest addition to the passenger car fleet, a Kato SuHaFu 42:

post-22-0-07173800-1463012120_thumb.jpg

Also another two Kato E5 trailer cars for my son's "rocket train"! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 3
Nick_Burman

Having gotten a pack of cast brass smokestacks from Echo Model to replace the rather unlovely originals on my 9600s, I think this is one particular loco worth modelling:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

If only you could get another 9600 and a spare C56 tender...you could mate the two together to get a model of the Mitsubishi Bibai Railway (Hokkaido) locos... :grin

Cheers NB

• Like 1
marknewton

If only you could get another 9600 and a spare C56 tender...you could mate the two together to get a model of the Mitsubishi Bibai Railway (Hokkaido) locos... :grin

That could be interesting. Stop tempting me! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

marknewton

Some more HoKi 2200 hoppers arrived the other day:

post-22-0-93296200-1463111589_thumb.jpg

They've had the detail parts and numbers applied, and some very subtle weathering done with the Tamiya powders.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
serotta1972

New addition to my little HO collection: Kato SUHAFU12 and OHAFU13 

post-2776-0-55521700-1463115027_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-47265000-1463115043_thumb.jpg

A picture with its N Scale brother.

post-2776-0-39965600-1463115260_thumb.jpg

Have I acquired enough points yet to become a part of the HO Club?  :)

• Like 3
marknewton

Definitely. You've got the makings of a mixed train already! ;)

Cheers,

Mark.

I'm not a fan of the newer Shinkansens, but seems we have acquired a sound-equipped N700. Not sure exactly what scale though.

squidlet-train.jpg

• Like 2

Lol, wonder how long that will last with the parents once he discovers pushing the sound buttons enough can push his parents buttons!

More indoctrination!

Jeff

Biggest mistake my parents made was getting me a remote control (cord attached)western style steamer for Christmas as a very young lad. After the 3rd set of batteries ran out, suddenly there were no more spares! I don't think it was the noise as much as the fact it had bump and go and I spent a lot of time bumping into peoples legs. I even used to sleep with it!! I blame my dad for taking me to the train station as a nipper to see the odd steam train heading to its final resting place/museum/restoration

Lol, wonder how long that will last with the parents once he discovers pushing the sound buttons enough can push his parents buttons!

Modifications involving installation of muffling material around the speaker are in the planning stage.

• Like 3

One of the things that I find interesting about JNR is their station architecture. Unlike some railways there doesn't seem to be a limited number of standardised designs used throughout the network. But there are some common features that are seen in many different locations, one of which is those corrugated fibro-cement roofs on platform shelters that you see all over the place. They're something I've long fancied having, but they'd be a bugger to scratchbuild.

But now I don't even have to think about how I'd go about making them. I got some of these instead:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10393316

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10393321

At the moment I'm at home, sick as a dog with the man flu, but when I'm feeling a bit better I'll post some photos of how they go together. My initial impression of these kits is very favourable.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton

post-2768-0-12606100-1468170799_thumb.jpg     I just ordered another Shinkansen.  This one is the Rokuhan 500 EVA Basic Set.  OK.OK, I'm not going bonkers, you can blame the post in the Small Layouts thread that showed an N scale layout in a fish tank.

I have a triangular tank that was going to be thrown in the garbage next week.    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT'S WHY.

The pic will be revamped later.

Gerry

• Like 1

Although not train related I do plan on using/hiding these on my Japanese train layout.  I didn't want to go the Godzilla route so being a huge Macross fan I picked up 8 of these in various modes/paint. I ordered 5 planes and 3 Battroids (robot form). I couldn't pass them up...they are 1/144 scale. 6 of the 8 arrived on Friday with the final 2 shipping sometime this month. Oh and of course I recieved a few more Koki cars with the Valkyrie fighters. ;)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372948

bnicolas1987

Hi,

last locomotive arrived a moth ago, I just put the number plates today.

A D51 498 in actual state by Tenshodo, it is really a great machine!!!

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 11

Very pretty loco. I just took in my first Kato Unitrack set today it's a HM1 that will replace my 26inch bachmann oval on my 5X8. Next another 5X8 Kato track set a HV1 that will replace my 28 inch eztrack oval. Good bye eztrack. Thanks to the member who said something about replacing my Bachmann track with unitrack. It's happening!! WooHoo..

No, I haven't ordered one, but this will inflict a serious dent in a lot of pockets!

12699.jpg

New Arumodel Baldwin-Westinghouse steeplecab. Now, if anyone could persuade Arumodel to do a "right-handed" version...

Cheers NB

• Like 4

Hi,

This is not very train related but I get a second hand glass showcase and it is perfetc for H0 locomotives... (Picture was done in the night with just the showcase lighted, it's not very good in picture...)

IMAG1423.jpg

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 9

A couple of days ago I received a package with a pair of Aclass Wara1 covered vans, and a Tomix Series153 add-on motor and trailer car set. While the tribe are out swimming this afternoon I'm going to put the lettering and parts on them, and lightly weather the Wara1s. Photos to follow.

Cheers,

Mark.

Modifications involving installation of muffling material around the speaker are in the planning stage.

Packing tape over the speaker holes makes a big difference. Don't ask me how I know.

The Tramway Toden 7500 series tram arrived this afternoon just before I left for work. It looks gorgeous, but I'll have to wait until morning to see how it runs...

Cheers,

Mark.