My Photo gallery is nearly alive.

stevenh

Hey all,

Sorry for the advertising here, but after a huge amount of work on my blog (who'd've ever thought you could have so much fun on it) I've managed to hack together a reasonable photo gallery of which I will upload a plethora of photos that I took earlier this year.

They've been laying stagnant on memory cards, etc... around the apartment and I need to get them somewhere worthwhile.

So, Here is the link to my tiny gallery. Currently it's small... I'll be updating it tonight (from 9 images to 100s probably :D) and then also add in a few galleries for my work here around Canberra.

I currently volunteer for the railway museum (hospitality on the steam hauled services) and also often wander down to our 'main south' rail link to catch freighters....

Anyway, as per usual, thanks for your attention :)

CaptOblivious

Your blog is fantastic, let me just say that; this photo gallery is amazing. I look forward to taking the time to peruse it (I only have a moment for a quick glance right now), and to more photos!

Ditto with what everyone else has said. Really a great blog and photo gallery. I only was able to take a quick scan but will do more when I get back to NYC. Thanks for sharing!

Great photos, Steven. I also liked the ACT ARHS shots - there's a few locos there I've worked on over the years!

All the best,

Mark.

The Japanese railways are so picturesque. I think I'll add your amazing photogallery to my inspiration links. Seeing all these colorful trains with painted flowers, anime, and so on makes me wonder how such a variety emerged in a railway that used to have nothing but black engines and mostly black stock.

Thanks again everyone for the comments... I do revisit that gallery a lot and reminisce the times spent just loitering around the Kansai area :)

Mark, I take it you worked on the vehicles when they weren't in Canberra? We've got quite a nice collection here... but you can only go to Bungendore and back so many times!

Railmind, thanks for the link, I've got you on my links too.

Mark, I take it you worked on the vehicles when they weren't in Canberra? We've got quite a nice collection here... but you can only go to Bungendore and back so many times!

Yes, Steven, it was many years ago now. I did some work on 1210 when it was being rebuilt for the Bicentennial, and went with it to Melbourne in 1988 as a travelling fitter. I also spent some time looking after 402 when it was leased back to the SRA for on-train radio trials. What great fun that was - like having your own private rail tour!

y3iyor.jpg

When Barry Tulloch owned 3112, I was one of his "regulars" assisting with that engine, too. He had a good team, so I was sorry to see it go...

All the best,

Mark.