JGSDF...

..., no, this is not my real name, my name is Michael and i am now the newest member in this forum.

I am living 30 meters from the border of Berlin GER.

I am a modelrailroader since 1981 not only in N gauge, i also collect Märklin Z, and much Locos fom diffrent countrys are standing

in our living room. Now i think it is time to have a japanese railroad and my plan is to build a mini modul railway with Tomix tracks.

When my plan is ready, i will show it in this forum.

Thats it for today.

JGSDF ( Michael )

PS: Its hard to think german, and wrote it in english.

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry about your language skills: you made your points clearly.

We have a very international membership, and English is a second language for many.  None of us are going to complain about minor grammar/spelling/usage mistakes if someone makes them.

Michael - Welcome to the forum! Ken said it best, your language is fine, just keep posting and join in the fun. I look forward to your layout plan.

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry about your language skills: you made your points clearly.

We have a very international membership, and English is a second language for many.  None of us are going to complain about minor grammar/spelling/usage mistakes if someone makes them.

Yes, there are a lot of Americans on the board. :grin

Keep us updated on your progress, model railways have no language barriers.

• Like 1

Welcome Michael. Don't worry, there are also some members on the forum whose native language isn't English (like me) and we even have some German based members as well (like me, but I'm not German). Anyway, enjoy your stay and please keep us up with your progress on your layout! I'm sure everyone is interested to see your progress!

Cheers!

Toni

Hey Michael,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.  Man, I am so jealous of you. I was in Berlin in May this year and I just LOVE Germany.  My wife and I drove from the Netherlands, to Hamburg, to Berlin and then all the way south to Austria.  It was a truely wonderful holiday. You are so lucky to live in Germany.

Your idea to use Tomix track is good.  I think Tomix offers the best track with integrated ballast.  There is a good range of track radii and points (turnouts).  Also, the track is slightly lower profile and more realistic (in my opinion) than Kato.  Oc course, many manufacturers make good track.  I use Tomix for my "above ground" track and Peco for my "underground" track, including the subway.

If you are planning to go DCC then I believe the Kato and Digitrax combination to be the best, but others might have another opinion.

Wishing you all the best here.

The_Ghan