TomyTec (Sakura & Bamboo)

I sorta thought they were pre-assembled. The instructions on my Tomytec sakura trees is... they're non-existent. What type of cement or glue is recommend for affixing the sakura to the tree branches. Even when I was doing HO-scale, I never ventured into making my own trees and had thought these would have arrived pre-assembled.

Woodlandscenics makes they're own glue for this but I'm not sure what the Tomytec trees look like. I think you can use tacky glue that you can find in any craft or fabric store or Walmart.

Here is a video link that shows you how to make a WS tree:

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/FlashVideos/MakeATree.html

And if the link doesn't work, go to their website and go to top menu bar under "How To Videos" Here is the other link:

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/items.cfm/SubTerrainSystem

I've actually watched those videos earlier this morning, but without the sound I really can't tell. I know a lot of the cements that Woodland makes tends to be dry clear as with what I am using for the mat glue and figure glue.

Martijn Meerts

Spray glue is the best for foliage.. Spray it on the branches, sprinkle on foliage, let it dry, and then rinse and repeat until you're happy with how it looks.

Any photos of what you've done with the trees and ballast?

I hired er, bribed a Master Gundam kitbasher to assemble the trees for me, LOL. I guess I ought to post pictures of the finished sakura trees and everything. I want to ballast between the 3 sections of the shrine so I can't see the seems. The shrine is being relocated and the entire T-trak scene is going to be recreated on my new N-scale layout I'm just starting to work on. Only dif will be the new layout is a single track main.

The train is a Trane N-scale metal non-running model of the Enoden. I bought this one for ¥1500 at the Kamakura Station gift shop

f_syj1m_928c139.jpg

You bribed well young Grasshopper.

The trees came out well, I never really knew what a sakura tree looked like.

Brendan said it was his first time ever making one though the kit can make three trees, he only had enough of the leaves for two trees. We managed to come out with 5 trees out of six that were shipped.

Ok between Squid (Brendan) and myself, we can slap out the sakura trees in no time flat now. But has anyone played with the TomyTec bamboo trees yet? I'm thinking of lining the path from the shrine to Plastercloth Mountain with bamboo. I can't tell from the box, while there are three per box, I can't tell if all three of them mount to the same base or not. I'm looking to mount them pretty densely.