Lego Public Transport Station

CaptOblivious

Saw this in Toys-B-We the other day, and was mightily impressed. Looks like a nice set, and the price isn't bad, at least as far as Lego goes.

For railfan, LEGO came out with great great sets this year:

Cargo Train

Passenger Train

Station

Tracks crossing

and the latest public transportation

I will probably spend a bit of money to get at least the two first ones!!

Too bad they don't sell single cars as they did some years ago. My Emerald Night is dreaming about a second and third couches.

Oh why can't Lego do N Scale!  :grin

Would be fun with the nano blocks!

These are fun! And tempting.

Scott is your pro into star wars? I have a set I could sen his way...

Cheers

Jeff

Some people are really good at miniscale witch is closer to N scale:

realbuild_superchief_f7abba.jpg

But, of course, they can't run...  :grin

• Like 1
For railfan, LEGO came out with great great sets this year:

Cargo Train

Passenger Train

Interesting to see what prototypes they chose to follow.  The passenger trains obviously the Desiro electric, while the cargo train I am unsure.

Would be fun with the nano blocks!

These are fun! And tempting.

Scott is your pro into star wars? I have a set I could sen his way...

Cheers

Jeff

Lord forbid iof they did n-scale. hlaf the trains on the club layout would be lego.

• Like 1

I've been messing with legos for the past few years, and I'm afraid it's about to become a full-blown hobby for me.

As if I need another expensive hobby...  :violent1:

Earlier this month I got a real look at the Lego system as one of our members in the JRM is big in to this. I have to say it was pretty interesting to see the layout at the Lion's Club, but then this week whilst in New York, I hit the Lego store at the palisades and it was really amazing to see to what extent people go in to it.  Sadly a very nice (and cute) clerk there introduced me to the concert and terminology of "Lego Sex" which now scares me more than those otaku furries in the Akiba I saw on the second trip to Japan. Lego-ists certainly have their own culture, I'll say. 

I dabbled in Legos years ago and it was just too expensive for me. I now only buy them for my son who is 4 years old. He loves them, but often times I think it would be cheaper to just teach him how to build 1:14 models.  My son doesn't have any Lego train sets yet, this one is surprisingly affordable, but I worry that I would want to play with it more than him. He has a tendency to destroy everything so I try not to get attached to any of his toys. I might have a hard time with that if I start buying him Lego train sets.