Another Siemens Velaro operator ?? Eurostar !!!

Nozomi4ever

Well, you have to be incredibly stupid to walk on railway tracks, especially when you know trains are doing regular speeds at 80~200 km/h on normal tracks and 250~300km/h on high-speed dedicated tracks.

Certainly, but there is no shortage of stupid people in the world, unfortunately...

Well, you have to be incredibly stupid to walk on railway tracks, especially when you know trains are doing regular speeds at 80~200 km/h on normal tracks and 250~300km/h on high-speed dedicated tracks.

Certainly, but there is no shortage of stupid people in the world, unfortunately...

Well, it's not so much people as sheep. Although, some people see themselves as sheep.

*Don't enlarge the pictures if you can't take any shoarma-drama*

post-224-13569926282721_thumb.jpg

post-224-13569926282898_thumb.jpg

Well, it's not so much people as sheep. Although, some people see themselves as sheep.

*Don't enlarge the pictures if you can't take any shoarma-drama*

Haha..The ICE 2 train is hungry for raw muttons as you can see here.. Fancy shaving up lots of mutton!! :grin

What I don't understand is how come it mostly happened between ICE and sheep.  Did other Europe countries do something to avoid such a situation?  I mean with billions spent on HSR, what can't DB spent a few millions to set up barriers such as bushes and fences?

What I don't understand is how come it mostly happened between ICE and sheep.  Did other Europe countries do something to avoid such a situation?  I mean with billions spent on HSR, what can't DB spent a few millions to set up barriers such as bushes and fences?

Well, it was said that the sheep were herded into the tunnel as there was no way that they would go in there on their own. Their place was surrounded by electric fence and the tunnel and sheep were separated by a trench with water.

Here's an article in German on the cause of the accident:

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article1945335/Schafe_koennten_in_Tunnel_getrieben_worden_sein.html

Also, an article on the prosecution of the owner of the sheep for neglecting the securing of his own herd, which is the law. He's also under suspicion of driving his own herd on the tracks.

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article1945878/Nach_ICE_Unglueck_Verfahren_gegen_Schafhirten.html

Sorry that I couldn't find any detailed articles in English. Google translate is always more the helpful in time of need ;)

Anyway, this happens also to people which are acting like a herd of sheep near railway tracks. They die: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23848849-train-kills-spanish-teenagers-on-way-to-party.do

---

Beh, I think I'm derailing this topic with blood and gore instead of talking about the new Velaro. So my opnion on the thing: I like the ICE3, but that is because I'm familiar with the thing, as I travel quite a few times a year with it. The new ICE 3 II should be interesting as well, as I really like the design of the outside. Not been discovering the internals yet (photo-wise), but that'll come later when they are put on the tracks. I like to have a personal opinion on trains after I've been on them, not before. :P

Well this topic is my first successful topic that attracts alot of attention.. :grin

From Eurostar to malicious sheepherding to DB trains in London, that's quite a thread!  :grin

And very interesting to read.

Lol !! Alstom is really a cry-baby. BTW , what Alstom done to Eurostar will affect its own reputation and the current operators using their products will try to stay away from them!! ???

I would have said "dick"...

I think this is really not ethical. Instead of working on their own business they rather destroy other's...

"If I can't have this, no one can!"

If I were Eurostar and if they can't use the Velaro, I would never go to Alstom...