Announcement

Darren Jeffries

Darren Jeffries

Hi all,

It is with great regret that i must announce my departure from JNSForum with effect from the 1st of November 2010. It has been fun and rewarding watching the growth of this community since I set it up a few years ago, but due to my ill health and other factors, I really must hand over the reins. This decision does not come lightly but is neccessary for the continuity of the board to remain intact.

I want to thank all of you, the members, who have made this forum what it is today. I also want to thank the admin team and moderators who have given their time and effort into the running of the board.

Finally, I would ask you all to support Don (CaptOblivious) who will be the head honcho from November and will also hold ownership of the forum and its domain registrations. I know he will do a great job, and the forum will continue to thrive.

Hopefully at some point in the future, we will all meet again, but for now its goodbye.

Darren

I'm not a JNS "oldie" but I'm sorry to hear that...

Thank you for creating an opportunity for all the Jtrains fans we are to meet and discover this world...

気をつけて、またね!

Take care of yourself and see you soon!

Darren,

I'm also new to this site, having only started in N gauge in June this year.  However, like everyone else here I'm saddened to hear of your illness.  Cancer strikes every family and I have a 6 year old niece who has battled the wicked disease since she was 2 1/2.  It takes courage, strength, love  and a fair deal of luck to beat and I wish you a fair measure of all these things.

Best of luck mate.  My prayers are with you.

Best wishes,

The_Ghan

Darren,

This morning when I opened up my email, I had a great shock to learn about the announcement of your leaving the forum that you had as a dream from the onset. I am really sadden to hear the news.

I hope you make a speedy recovery from this terrible illness and I wish you and your family all the best.

Take care and all my best,

Bernard

Darren,

I'm sorry that you're leaving. You've built something really wonderful here, and that's an achievement you can take pride in even if you now have to hand it over to someone else. But your health has to come first. I wish you well on your recovery.

Ken

Hey Darren,

Thank you so much for creating a virtual space to connect Jtrains fans from around the world. 

I am sure many of us would want to thank you personally for getting us out of our isolation in the N scale / N gauge world. 

I really don't know about your health condition but I want to say we are all thinking of you.

Get well soon, we are always happy if you are able to drop by sometimes.

Happiness and Health,

Leo

Darren,

You need to fight, so you'll need your rest from the JNS forums. I know all of us understand that. In the meantime, we'll keep a seat warm for you! ;)

Good luck with your health, I hope you get well soon!

All the best,

Toni

Thanks for setting up the Forum. It has been such a success that little happens on another Japanese Forum.

Sorry to hear about your reasons for leaving, but your health is most important.

Look forward to seeing return to the Forum soon.

You will be in my thoughts.

Malcolm

Many thanks for introducing and overseeing what has become the premier Japanese railway modeller discussion group in the western world -  I'm unaware of any other as good.  It also means much activity behind the scenes to make it run smoothly, and to keep all the participants happy,  contented,  and willing to contribute.  Welcome to the club. It's easily the biggest in the world, with masses of support and hope. :))

Angus

Darren, I can only echo what other members have posted. You've done a great job creating this forum, and I sincerely hope that can you rejoin us when you're on the mend. Until then, all the best to you and your loved ones.

Mark.

Darren,

as everyone has remarked this is sad and unfortunate, but the most important thing is to get well, focus on family, and get life back on track! Dont worry about jns its thriving from all the wonderful work you have done on it. getting well is more important than model trains. Thank you so much for all the love, sweat and tears you have put into the forum, it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and life getting back in order.

Sincerely,

jeff

Darren

Like everyone says, best wishes and a speedy recovery. And thanks for JNS, I spend more time here than any other forum I'm a member of.

Best wishes

Alvin