Building Interiors

Kamiyacho

When adding buildings to my Unitram set I found myself making simple interiors from cardstock. I feel this compulsion getting worse - is anyone else out there suffering from this affliction? 

post-396-13569925506491_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569925507289_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice.

I haven't started doing building interiors yet, right now my focus is on landscape and track. But the large windows of most of the modern office and commercial buildsings pretty much requires interior detailing if they're anywhere in the foreground. It's definitely something I'm planning.

The only downside is that all those people create a really definite sense of scale - which for many building models that are heavily compressed is a bad thing.

I love, love, love this.  Kamiyacho, I have the same 'affliction'!!

Ken's right, these large, clear windows (usually-at least in Kato's case) with some rudimentary 'furnishings' cry out for people and detailing.  David's also right that this can be an issue in some cases with scaled down buildings...but for the me the bigger challenge is that you need to make all interior items (desks, furniture, shelves, etc...) from scratch as there is virtually nothing out there for detailing interiors in N scale.  HO? Yep!  N? Nothing.

Glad to hear that I am not alone - when I found myself cutting out papers to place on my N scale conference table I thought I might have gone completely over the edge.  But I cannot accept the post-apocaylptic scene of empty sidewalks and empty buildings.  Most of my buildings also have windows signs, which partially obscure the interior detail, but for purposes of public shows I left clear windows on one building.

And we just cannot have large buses going down the expressway without a driver.  I've got to figure out how to add them.