rankodd - Discussion thread

Krackel Hopper

CaptOblivious

I'm a bit mystified that your mules don't like grades. I have one, and it is all too happy to pull a string of four HOKI-800's up a 4% grade! That's a shame if your's don't do that…

Well, my grades would have to be around 6% to do the layout I wanted, which is a complete no go.

You are talking about the Tomytec 12' mules, right? And you can get yours to pull cars up a 4% grade? I'm impressed...

CaptOblivious

No, I just had a look at mine: It's not a mule at all; it's a bit longer than a mule, maybe 18'? So, different mechanism. My bad!

Those mules barely have any traction. They even have problems propelling themselves out of a station... For me they'll end up unused (maybe one in action) in the future shed on my layout.

Those mules barely have any traction. They even have problems propelling themselves out of a station... For me they'll end up unused (maybe one in action) in the future shed on my layout.

On the level they seem to be fine - I have mine set up as 2 car consists and they tootle around okay. One is a bit grumpy going through switches though.