Akihabara Station Details from Jun 22, 10

Had a chance to shoot again at Akihabara. Shot the north side of Chiba line platform and then went to shoot the north west exit area. Here are some shots of the intersection north of the taxi stop off area. Also shot the bicycle parking area.

Looking west. The JR tracks are behind me and the taxi loading area is to the left.

S7307363.jpg

S7307364.jpg

S7307365.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

Continuing the walk around.

Looking north.

S7307387.jpg

Looking south.

S7307388.jpg

S7307389.jpg

Looking west, the signal for the east side of the the southwest corner.

S7307390.jpg

Looking west, the signal for the north side of the southwest corner.

S7307391.jpg

Northeast corner details.

S7307394.jpg

Northwest corner of the intersection.

S7307392.jpg

Northwest corner again.

S7307393.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

These are details of the bicycle parking area under the viaduct north of the station. It is north of the Gundam Cafe and next to the intersection seen above.

S7307308.jpg

S7307310.jpg

S7307311.jpg

S7307312.jpg

S7307313.jpg

S7307314.jpg

S7307315.jpg

S7307316.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

Last two for now.

S7307325.jpg

S7307326.jpg

I reviewed the remaining shots of the bicycle parking area and will reshoot the rest to make the location of the signs on the fences and details of the bike racks more clear.

Best wishes,

Grant

CaptOblivious

Grant, this is great stuff!

One question, that I've never been able to properly make out: On the pedestrian signals, is the "walk" signal white or green?

Also, what to the parallel lines of orange lights on the pedestrian sign mean?

CaptOblivious,

The two pedestrian signs are red for stop and I believe, green for walk. I will do a mini survey tomorrow and come back with a better answer on this.

The two vertical lines of dots/lines on either side of the figures are timing counters. They count down the remaining time left before the signal turns.

More common is a separate timing sign with the horizontal lines stacked in a triangle shape, with the widest lines at the top and the narrowest at the bottom. Will see if I can shoot some tomorrow, but the weather might not cooperate.

Best wishes,

Grant

Man, I wonder how many MB's of images we've posted just for this station alone.  :grin

That's an easy answer. Not nearly enough :)

Also, great shots of those signs, Gmat! Perfect material for modelling - Thanks!