Akihabara Station Details from Jun 22, 10

Went to Akihabara to shoot detail photos of Akihabara Station for a request. Shot two times, before and after my lesson but ran out of memory. Will revisit as time permits.

North platform Ueno bound, Yamanote/Keihin Tohoku lines. Started from the northern end looking towards Tokyo station.

From the extreme tip of the platform.

S7304729.jpg

S7304730.jpg

S7304732.jpg

Looking back towards the tip.

S7304733.jpg

S7304734.jpg

S7304735.jpg

S7304736.jpg

S7304737.jpg

Will shoot clearer shots of the support beam and ladder at the extreme edge later.

Best  wishes,

Grant

• Like 1

S7304738.jpg

S7304739.jpg

S7304740.jpg

Looking east, towards the Tokyo bound platform.

S7304741.jpg

The structure at the northern end of the Tokyo bound platform.

S7304742.jpg

S7304743.jpg

Looking north and east.

S7304744.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

CaptOblivious

Grant,

I am unsure how best to express my gratitude without sounding melodramatic. I had long ago despaired of having access to these kind of shots; yet, here they are. Thank you.

CaptOblivious,

Thank you for your comments. I have more that I shot on Tuesday and will try to shoot more tomorrow. I'm shooting the whole station and both sets of platforms, but will post the north platforms and north side of the station area first.

Best wishes,

Grant

You are my new hero, again :) I'm planning on doing an Akihabara station section on my layout! :) Any details of the area surrounding the station itself, especially storefronts, would be outstanding!

You have my eternal gratitude - you've no idea how happy your work makes us :)

Martin,

I'll try to shoot it, but I don't quite know how large Tokyo station is and it might take a little time. I don't usually go that way.

Best wishes'

Grant

Martijn Meerts

Martin,

I'll try to shoot it, but I don't quite know how large Tokyo station is and it might take a little time. I don't usually go that way.

Best wishes'

Grant

Would be great, and no hurry at all. I'm planning to model Tokyo Station, but it's a long term project =)

Hey Grant

I am not modeling it but I too is extremely interested in Tokyo Station.  Hmm, perhaps next time when some of the members come to visit Tokyo, you can take us to places like these and we can treat you lunch and dinner and more!

I'm staying on top of Akihabara station at the moment. But I only have my crappy Lumix point and shoot with me.

I can do some Tokyo in a couple of hours maybe. But my photo skills aren't that great.

bikkuri bahn

I'm staying on top of Akihabara station at the moment. But I only have my crappy Lumix point and shoot with me.

I can do some Tokyo in a couple of hours maybe. But my photo skills aren't that great.

Even with that point and shoot, you can take good pictures of structures and details.  As long as you're not trying to freeze fast moving trains.

* I think maybe that McDonalds in the 14th frame is a good place to see the Shinkansen passing through from the second floor dining room.  The building is across and to the right of Yodobashi on the north side of the station square.  May be worth the price of a cup of coffee (or cold drink) to check out.

dude, you are making my download finger hurt! wonderful shots again!

love shots of large building sign displays flat on to try and lift some to print out for buildings.

great stuff!

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Why doesn't it surprise me the least bit to see a "Gundam Cafe" in a part of the city that's not likely to be cheap to rent space =)

CaptOblivious

Why doesn't it surprise me the least bit to see a "Gundam Cafe" in a part of the city that's not likely to be cheap to rent space =)

Since that building is the central focus of my diorama, I've seen lots of photos of it over the past 5 years. Apparently, there is a lot of churn there, with tenants moving in and out pretty quickly. The Gundam Cafe must be quite new; I doubt it will last. Apparently this part of the station sees relatively little foot traffic or something.

Grant: awesome!

360 from the northern edge of the Tokyo bound platform. West to east.

S7304719.jpg

S7304720.jpg

S7304721.jpg

S7304722.jpg

S7304723.jpg

S7304724.jpg

S7304725.jpg

S7304726.jpg

Not much new, sorry.

Best wishes,

Grant

This section continues from the first batch of photos initially posted. I continued to the second escalator, going down and headed out the West exit.

Poster board on the parallel platform.

S7304755.jpg

Continuing to go south on the platform.

S7304756.jpg

S7304757.jpg

S7304758.jpg

S7304759.jpg

S7304760.jpg

S7304761.jpg

Another shot of a poster on the next platform. It was easier to shoot it from the next platform.

S7304762.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

The next are poster boards on the west side of the tracks.

S7304763.jpg

S7304764.jpg

The markers for the doors are blue foe Keihin Tohoku and green for Yamanote.

S7304765.jpg

S7304766.jpg

S7304767.jpg

S7304768.jpg

This was a provisional set of shots. I later reshot the center and southern portions of the platforms in better detail with additional wider shots placing much of the detail in context.

Best wishes,

Grant