2010 Project Party?

Did anything every come of this? I'm looking forward to joining in on a project party, but no posts since Feb doesn't look promising :(

That's always the same problem. If no one is ready to commit himself to host & moderate the party then nothing will happen even if people are motivated to take part.

SONIC883_de

I would like to moderate but the problem is that my english isn't very well. That is the same reason I post only short messages  :sad:

That's always the same problem. If no one is ready to commit himself to host & moderate the party then nothing will happen even if people are motivated to take part.

If I host, would that disqualify me from participating? I'd do it either way, I suppose. The party would be almost as interesting to watch, but I really would like to participate as well...

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

Back in February I sent a PM to Darren Jeffries saying I'd be willing to host, but that I had no experience in doing so.  Since I didn't receive a reply, I just dropped it.

I still think my theme is one that everyone can participate in.  The "stations" theme would encompass all passenger stations, freight stations, industrial sidings (such as loading docks), tram stops, even bus stops (for anyone venturing into the Faller/Tomix bus system)..

No real limits on the size.  The station could be a stand-alone diorama or part of a basement layout.

I'd be more than willing to host/participate in a project with this theme.  

If anyone else wants to host, possibly someone with more experience, feel free to use this theme.  I will certainly participate.

Jon

I concur on the stations theme. Suits my needs, and seems a broad enough topic that most everyone could join in.

I haven't hosted an extended project like this before, but I have run a couple of art-related forum contests. I'd be willing to host, or co-host with Krackel Hopper, if it would help.

hmmmmm very interesting indeed

I'll start experimenting with my new module system in combination with this challenge. Also a good motivation to get into some real action modelling!

If I host, would that disqualify me from participating?

No, being the host doesn't disqualify you. In the last party we had I was host and participant. :) Being the host just mean you'll have to draft the rules, moderate the party and motivate your troops. Of course, you'll have to be active and present as long as the party is on. Nothing you that necessitate any special skills.

If I host, would that disqualify me from participating?

No, being the host doesn't disqualify you. In the last party we had I was host and participant. :) Being the host just mean you'll have to draft the rules, moderate the party and motivate your troops. Of course, you'll have to be active and present as long as the party is on. Nothing you that necessitate any special skills.

Done, and done :) I'll gladly do it, then. I'll PM Darrren later this evening.

Darren Jeffries

PM received  :grin

I have placed a poll at the top of this forum to allow people to register their interest. What concerns me primarily is that the summer months are generally slow months on the forum, so this will give us a good idea on how to proceed.

Martijn Meerts

Definitely interested in a station theme. Since I already planned a diorama with a station theme, I'm ready to go ;)

(I even have pretty much all the materials I need to build it this time =))