User Album - Owner: gmat - No items

Add an item to this album  Mass Upload  Edit  Mass Download

There are no items to list

SMF Media Gallery 2.0.3 © SMF-Media.com

TinyPortal v.1.0.6 beta 2 © Bloc

4. clicked mass upload

got this

Mass Upload

Maximum File Size Allowed: Image Files - 50000 KB, Video Files - 50000 KB, Audio Files - 50000 KB, Documents - 50000 KB

Please note that this feature will not work if you disabled Javascript or Flash support in your browser.

Allowed File types:

Image files: bmp, png, gif, jpg, jpe, jpeg

Audio files: mp2, mp3, mpga, ram, ra, wax, wma, m4p, m4a, a-latm, ogg, rpm, mka, wav

Video files: 3gp, 3g2, avi, mpg, mpeg, mpe, wmv, mxu, m4u, movie, qt, mov, rm, rmvb, rv, flv, f4v, mp4, m4v, mkv

Documents: txt, rtf, pdf, xls, doc, ppt, docx, xlsx, pptx, xml, html, htm, php, css, js, zip, rar, ace, arj, 7z, gz, tar, tgz, bz, bzip2, sit

Multimedia archives: zipm

Select files | Upload

Overall progress

0%

Current file progress

0%

5. clicked upload

got nothing

6. clicked return and went back to the previous page

got this again

gmat

User Album - Owner: gmat - No items

Add an item to this album  Mass Upload  Edit  Mass Download

There are no items to list

SMF Media Gallery 2.0.3 © SMF-Media.com

TinyPortal v.1.0.6 beta 2 © Bloc

7. clicked add an item to this album

got this

(I only copied part of this page)

Gallery

Maximum File Size Allowed: Image Files - 50000 KB, Video Files - 50000 KB, Audio Files - 50000 KB, Documents - 50000 KB

You are adding this item to the album: gmat

Title

Description

You may use BBCode here, and say anything you'd like. Please don't say anything boring, though. Like this description. People don't like that.

[more]

File to upload

Or Embed URL (remote videos)

URL to embed video from (e.g. Youtube.) Enter only if you are not uploading a file.

Keywords

Use this file as thumbnail

If you're sending a local file that won't generate its own thumbnail... Think of a CD cover for a MP3, or a screenshot for a video...

8. went to 'file to upload' bar and clicked choose file

a box showing my desk top appeared.

Actually it showed my Akihabara Yamanote/Keihin Tohoku to UenoPlatform file which is on my desk top

I can click the up/down arrow to show my desktop

9. selected a photo and clicked choose

10. a jpg photo number appeared next to 'choose file'

The jpg number doesn't appear below, but it is on the page I just saved.

Home  Unseen  Search  My Albums Gallery

You are adding this item to the album: gmat

Title

Description

You may use BBCode here, and say anything you'd like. Please don't say anything boring, though. Like this description. People don't like that.

[more]

File to upload

Or Embed URL (remote videos)

URL to embed video from (e.g. Youtube.) Enter only if you are not uploading a file.

10. clicked submit

blank page with this address appeared

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=post;album=37

It happened every time I clicked submit previously.

11. Waited for a minute for anything to change.

Nothing

12. went back to forum page via my bookmark and back to gallery and user album and page 2 and gmat and

nothing changed.

Owner: gmat

gmat

No items

Sorry for all of the trouble

Thank you for your help,

Best wishes,

Grant

Darren Jeffries

I think this must be a safari issue since i know that uploading is now working again.

Do you have any access to a windows based system with firefox, chrome or IE just to test the theory?

Thank you, Darren,

My wife has a computer that uses Windows, but it is in Japanese and I hate to use it. I'll try to upload a photo here from her computer, but I don't think that it would be a long term solution. I'll have to download photos on my computer and make a DVD to upload it on my wife's computer.

I think that I must be doing something wrong.

Thank you again,

Best wishes,

Grant

CaptOblivious

Grant, thanks, that's helpful. How big is the file you are trying to upload? In the past, people trying to upload files that were too big would receive similar problems. I'll try uploading to your folder with Chrome and Safari 5 on my Mac now.

CaptOblivious

Grant, thanks, that's helpful. How big is the file you are trying to upload? In the past, people trying to upload files that were too big would receive similar problems. I'll try uploading to your folder with Chrome and Safari 5 on my Mac now.

I was able to upload a 200K jpg to your folder via both Chrome and Safari 5 on my MacBook running OS X 10.5 Leopard. I suspect that you may be uploading files too large?

Darren Jeffries

Ok, I have increased the maximum file size to 5MB and the dimensions to 4096 by 4096 pixels for now, lets see if this is a size issue on either front. I suspect the pixel size will have zero to do with it because the server will resize anything too big anyway. But 5MB should allow for even the biggest of digital shots.

Thank you for your effort, Darren,

Tried again tonight, but the same results happened, so it probably wasn't the size of the file. Perhaps it's disabled Flash support, but I'm not aware of having done that.

Thanks again,

Best wishes,

Grant

CaptOblivious

Grant, have you tried a different browser on your Mac? What version of Safari are you running?

To add to comment from the Ban'etsu thread. I'm putting it here is anyone might possibly need help.

I went to the file set up by captOblivious and clicked the add an item to this album. There was a submit function that I didn't see when I tried it earlier today. There wasn't one in the mass upload page. I can work it this way.

For the less skilled at computers, it would have been helpful to say "After you click the choose file and then upload a file from your desk top, look for the submit, it's at the bottom right hand corner.

Thanks.

Grant

Is there a way to upload photos from your computer rather than through Photobucket? That way I wouldn't have to worry about filling that account and being forced to delete photos. Also, would it be better to upload it into a folder in the gallery or post in the Prototype forum?

Thank you,

Bet wishes.

Grant

IDK what the hell Photobucket did that caused that issue, though I am grateful as all out that I'm not the only one who has that issue. At some point I plan to shut my PB account down outright and go over to Photo Shelter. PB did not start having issues with mass uploads until about mid-2010. I think they are discouraging people from posting anything over 250kb.

They moved this thread without warning. I think that Photobucket wants to nudge us into paying $24.99 a year for the Pro version.

I'm seriously thinking of it as although I haven't tried any other type of photo account, this one is simple and easy to undestand and use. Two very important pluses.

Best wishes,

Grant