Keikyu Airport Limited Express nonstop services begin

bikkuri bahn

Nonstop service between Haneda Airport and Keikyu Shinagawa began operation on the 16th of this month, enabled by the partial opening of the remodeled Keikyu Kamata Station.  Airport Limited Expresses which formerly stopped at Kamata now pass through the station without stopping to pick up or drop off passengers.  This has angered the locals of Ota Ward, which contributed a substantial amount of money to help fund the station remodeling.  Trains now take 16 minutes flat to get from the airport to Shinagawa, matching the 16 minutes it takes competitor Tokyo Monorail to get from the airport to Hamamatsucho on its nonstop service.

News report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxIOTthZXlc&feature=player_embedded

another report, which shows the elevated portion in use starting around 0:24

amateur video of an Airport Ltd. express (ongoing service to Inzai Makinohara, Tokyo Metropolitan Subway 5300 series) passing through Keikyu Kamata:

• Like 1
CaptOblivious

How many of Keikyu's airport express services are actually Tokyo Metro or Keisei run-throughs? Watching the first video, if I didn't know the background you'd given, I'd have sworn it was a report on Keisei, not Keikyu!  :laugh:

bikkuri bahn

How many of Keikyu's airport express services are actually Tokyo Metro or Keisei run-throughs? Watching the first video, if I didn't know the background you'd given, I'd have sworn it was a report on Keisei, not Keikyu!  :laugh:

Probably the majority are run-throughs (for those going in the Tokyo direction).  Keikyu types are mainly used for the main line operation, as well as those airport services running in the Yokohama diection.