What we have at the moment

quinntopia

Thanks for sharing, and for the complete description!  I was going to ask about the 'blue box' but you covered that!

I kind of like the roundhouse....not sure, but it really fits well in that space and adds a nice dimension to that side of the layout.

I thought I would add some more comments, The upper lake fall and lower creek is filled with a resin called "Glass Coat" in Australia, its a two equal part epoxy for surfacing tables and furniture and leaves a mirror smooth glass like finish, by painting the creek beds first and throwng some general rubbish, gravel & sticks in it gives a very realistic water effect.  So much so, when I did the upper lake last year, a friend comments "You have a leak in the ceiling?" thinking it was real water.  After poking his finger at it he realised it had a very solid surface !

Yes the blue box is my control panel for turnouts, speed controllers and crossing circuits (flashing lights) I also have a walk around controller on a long lead which I can operate the upper tracks from my comfy chair.

At the moment I am wiring up a load of lights.  The White box under the board is full of goodies, like cars, trees, trucks people etc.  I abandoned work on this project about a year ago due to health reasons.  Occasionally I go into melt down and have to put my tools away.

Cheers

I have finally decided to throw out my North American "stuff" and go all JR Electric.  I have several sets on order and have a Kato Tokaido electric express

The other day I received a Greenmax Economy kit No402 4 car set plus the 2 car add-on kit.  This morning I constructed two of the cars

Here is a picture of them being hauled to the paint shop by a coal fired switcher.  Hope the painters will not get upset... But the Bachmann diesel shunter motor disintegrated into small pieces of plastic.  (Lifetime warranty - my foot!)

post-335-13569924843285_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to see what you do with the paint scheme. As for the Bachmann trains in general, not surprised what happened with the motor....every Bachmann I've had went the same way. (But that wasn't the Spectrum line)

I love your creative station layout. Proves all once more you don't need to have lots of space to make a good impression. Too bad the platforms are a bit short, but that can be helped. ;) Lots of inspiration!

Had a really good day with almost steady hands and managed to complete all six cars.  Then spent the evening on You Tube looking at the real  203 series cars.  

The original was painted all red, sort of orangey red (East Japan) from the videos and picture on the packet. These were phased out in 2007 and in 2008 JR introduced an updated version on Western Japan lines finished in a solid Apple Green, with a white bar across the front of the drive unit, which was duplicated at the rear.  The roofs are a slate grey, with black fittings. as is the chassis.  There are other regional colors finished in a very light blue.  As I have another "green" train from the Tokaido line I will stick with the green finish in keeping with the region.  These will be hand painted with water based acrylic gloss.  Quick drying and can be re-coated in 2 hours Fully hardened and knock proof in 24 hours.  

I have a box full of the B junk

Attached: The complete set being hauled by an A/B set of F7 by Life-Like Off to the Paint Shop.   Motor Chassis  coming from JA in a few days

post-335-13569924846499_thumb.jpg

Had a really good day with almost steady hands and managed to complete all six cars.  Then spent the evening on You Tube looking at the real  203 series cars.

Ah, I think you mean the 201 Series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201_series The 203 Series runs on a different line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/203_series

However, the 201 Series in green livery run in the Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto, etc.) and the train you own (looks like an E231-1000 Series) runs in the Kanto area (Tokyo, Yokohama, etc.). It would be more realistic to paint it orange-red, though these trains never shared tracks IRL, one can always pretend that the Chuo-Rapid-line has a through service to the Tokkaido-line.

Toni  (The 203 was a typo  201 is correct) I checked the Wiki link and it shows under JR West (Osaka Higashi Line 201 series stock, March 2008) Is Identical to my kit model and the 201s I saw on You Tube are the same, There are three variation of the series in cab styles.  I am far from being a rivet counter and basically I want a layout that works and does not derail at every turnout and bend.   I have a test loco with medium sized wheels that traverses the system with no problems. I also saw,  (but the notations were all in Japanese)  both an Orange Red and a Green set in the same station, In fact there seemed on some of the clips to be no order at all, with mixed carriages, some multi striped, blue, cream brown, Looked like they grabbed what ever carriages they could find and made up a 7 car train.

But the point is my layout is so small and is going to be completely re-scerneryized (sic) anyway.  Also I have two separate but interfacing track systems that can be run individually.  So call a rose by any name etc etc :)

Maybe I will create my own ficticious  area....

Last night I ran the entire 6 cars hauled by a little switcher and barely a click to be heard, Maybe I should cut notches in the track :) Especially listening to the sound on some of the JR movies, reminded me of the old days of steam in the UK. I have taken a couple close-ups.

Addit:..The bogies are being changed to black with knuckle couplers (on order) the grey ones and Rapido are just temp.

I do work down to a very strict budget having been on disability pension since I was 54. But that's another story. (see my web pages).

post-335-13569924852273_thumb.jpg

post-335-13569924852572_thumb.jpg