Tomytec Truck Collection #7 announced

tomytec is releasing truck collection #7 in July!

similar 3 and 4 axle isuzu trucks from previous collections.

the big ouch is that the set is up to 7200 yen from the previous 6000 yen for set #4, 5 and 6

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10116407

- Tech Run (refrigerated panel van).

- Transport in Fukuoka (refrigerated panel van)

- Yuso distribution systems (refrigerated panel van)

- General Car Sales (Refrigerated Panel Van)

- General Car Sales (old panel van)

- General Car Sales (carrier with hood)

- Tech Run (31ft refrigerated container)

- Transport in Fukuoka (31ft refrigerated container)

- Yanmar Diesel Engine (31ft refrigerated container)

- Japan Oil Transportation Co., Ltd. (31ft refrigerated container)

- Nippon Express (31ft refrigerated container)

- Transportation, warehousing, 大 Nishi Hisashi (31ft refrigerated container)

cheers

jeff

Ok just got some of these. I cheated this time and did not get the whole set but multiples of a few of them thru popendetta while i was ordering some other vehicles. also just had a set of the netruck hogarakadou come in recently to compare them to. The Hogarakadou containers are nice as they tend to do some of the odder and more colorful containers, nice to break up the monotany of the main jrf containers, but they cost from $6-8 each, so a bit of an ouch... luckily you only need a few for spice in a yard or string of container cars.

Mainly wanted the Reefer container trucks. interesting seeing the the comparison to the Hogarakadou reefers. while i think they are a bit different type, there is a good difference in the coloring of both the container and the markings. the Hogarakadou is also about 1-2% or so smaller in all dimentions than the tomytec. physical detailing and marking quality are about the same. i kind of like the tomytec better as its white pops a bit more (does need a bit of weathering, its a bit too white!)

tomytec - very white container and netruck is much bluer and content sign yellow.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10116407b/30/1

Hogarakadou - more gray/beige container and netruck is more purple and content sign more orange.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10096203b/30/1

at about $6 each shipped if you buy a case of the tomytec it works out cheaper and you get the truck to boot if you want some reefer containers. of course you cant get multiples of the same container this way (you get the Hogarakadou in sets of 3) unless you can do some horse trading with others. buying specific ones individually from poppendetta goes up to around $10 each

the Hogarakadou are about $8 each (plus some shipping depending if you can ship them with something else, then almost free).

cheers

jeff