Tomix - New Releases

Some pre-release pics from the Shizuoka Hobby Show:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/20140515532014TOMYTECVol1?authkey=Gv1sRgCL_ov_DL1IjhdQ (ED459, three double-articulated trams and more)

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/20140515532014TOMYTECVol2?authkey=Gv1sRgCIW5lcTqhquOMg (buses and cars)

Also, the ED will have two variations: Sangi Railway ED459 and Tobu Railway Type ED5060.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10276649

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10276648

They look really cool but it's out of my region and out of my wallet so I'll skip them.

bnicolas1987

In other news, Tomix also made some crazy announcements: http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2014/05/tomix532014-8d0a.html

- the new Hakone Tozan Railway 3000 type will be made in both N-gauge and H0-gauge;

- moar Sanriku 36 type variations (Kitto, zutto no.3);

- C57-180 "Ban'etsu Monogatari" set in High Grade;

- JNR 167 series in school trip livery;

- JR 285 series in H0-gauge.

Pretty radical announcements I'd say. For the C57-180 Ban'etsu set I can only say this: prepare your wallet. It will probably be awesome for you SL lovers out there! (not me)

That's great, I was waiting for an industrial 285 series in HO gauge, I'll order two of them I think...

see you.

Nicolas

The brick one is the three track engine shed with the doorways filled in.

I know, but it still makes a good freestanding industrial building.  Ordered mine weeks ago.

The second building looks really nice though, has a real feel like a warehouse. But I've already got my warehouse/ distribution centre and i'm running out of real estate space...

I know, but it still makes a good freestanding industrial building.  Ordered mine weeks ago.

Would look good near a station as an old engine shed that was sold off for industrial use.

Edited by westfalen
  • Like 2

Tomix look to have October as a really good month of releases. Kiha66/77 Kyushu Seaside liner. Previously on Greenmax have done those.

Also looks like if the JR 500-7000 Shinkansen 8 car set is being re-released.

Oh and the Kinki Region 50000 series Shimakaze train.

Edit// Novmeber for the Shimakaze, and December for the DMUs and 500 series.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/top/images/tomixnews/poster_1.jpg

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/top/images/tomixnews/poster_2.jpg

And they seem to be hinting at a W7 for the future.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 2

I never realized the W7 series is actually already in production (well it's just one stickered letter that's different, but you know what I mean):

• Like 1

Yeah they ain't making it difficult for the model manufacturers to reproduce it. Company logos look like the only differences. Vertially nil retooling to bring out a W7.

Tomix look to have October as a really good month of releases. Kiha66/77 Kyushu Seaside liner. Previously on Greenmax have done those.

Also looks like if the JR 500-7000 Shinkansen 8 car set is being re-released.

Nice! it's not only a re-release, it's a new release with the Plarail logo in the 1st car. The 500 series was converted and begin service this year 19th July as プラレールカー, or Plarail car, as Kodama 730 Hakata to Shin-Osaka and Kodama 741 Shin-Osaka to Hakata, to have the front 2 cars (car 1 and 2) with an extensive Plarail layout inside, where children can have endless fun running plarail trains! More info here (in Japanese): http://www.tabi-o-ji.com/go/topics/20140420_plarail-car-debut/

Seems so nice, i might want to order this! Wonder if it has the power coupler though...

I could almost see Mr Densha hitting the pre-order button now for the Shimakaze... Actually, it looks really good i'm tempted too...

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
NuclearErick

Nice! it's not only a re-release, it's a new release with the Plarail logo in the 1st car. The 500 series was converted and begin service this year 19th July as プラレールカー, or Plarail car, as Kodama 730 Hakata to Shin-Osaka and Kodama 741 Shin-Osaka to Hakata, to have the front 2 cars (car 1 and 2) with an extensive Plarail layout inside, where children can have endless fun running plarail trains! More info here (in Japanese): http://www.tabi-o-ji.com/go/topics/20140420_plarail-car-debut/

Seems so nice, i might want to order this! Wonder if it has the power coupler though...

I could almost see Mr Densha hitting the pre-order button now for the Shimakaze... Actually, it looks really good i'm tempted too...

The ''old'' 500-7000 Kodama (2012 i think) is nº 92815 and YES with Power-Coupler

The Plarail is nº 98935 just paint that logo, new stickers and is good to go, power-coupler my guess 99,999999% YES

92306/7/8 and 8835 with 8836M does NOT have power-coupler

however the 92968 Last Run Nozomi does have power-coupler

• Like 1

Don't all newly released Tomix Shinkansens have power couplers now? This came up in discussion as I asked the question in another thread I started recently.

As a assumption, you'd have to assume this would have them. Any new Tomix Shinkansen released in the past 3 years not have them?

the 500系、it is planned to be a new release new run with all the latest tooling power ring couplers etc.

just note that it`s not actually licensed yet. So it has a small chance to not pan out. strange not like tomix to jump the gun before securing licensing i guess they are pretty confident.

The W7 is same model as e7 with logos changed numbers etc . i suspect kato will follow suit soon.

Edited by keitaro

Thanks Erick for the information! Great to hear that! I have the older model (92306) which you mentioned that didn't come with the power couplers. In fact, they don't even have the all wheel pickups but that was easily solved by ordering some pickup parts for the wheels and changing them. Think i'm gonna pre-order the Plarail car as soon as it comes up available!

Actually, the 500系 is almost like the former 500-7000 Kodama, just with a small logo with the 'Plarail' on it. However, since I do not own a 500-7000 Kodama and would definitely like one (I only have a 8-car 500系 that's totally wrong as it only has a single car with pantagraph (car 5 from basic set) and the car numbers are all wrong: 1, 2, 4, 5, 10 (motor car, green), 14, 15 & 16) and doesn't have the power coupler which I love. So high chances i'll be getting this.  

Also to note, the new Kiha-120, especially the wrapping one, looks really good! More covered in MTP thread on this.

I want a 8 car 500-700 also. So until I get that, I'll jump on this Plarail version also.

Also Tomix are jumping the gun with it. Since Tomix already have the licensing rights to model a 500 series. And Tomy owns Tomix. I fail to see them not getting a deal done.

Edited by katoftw
NuclearErick

Don't all newly released Tomix Shinkansens have power couplers now? This came up in discussion as I asked the question in another thread I started recently.

As a assumption, you'd have to assume this would have them. Any new Tomix Shinkansen released in the past 3 years not have them?

i'm little busy right now, thursday i will post what shinkansens i do have from Tomix to help out your question from Power-Coupler sorry of that

More information and pictures on HS blog regarding the latest Tomytec releases:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/140714

I thought the baseball and soccer field diorama look very nice and real!

A number of formerly released buildings with the exact same moulding and looks ike the 'buildings in front of station' series and the private 'ready for sale' series, only in a different colour scheme.

Also, the new pavement is actually 'flush' with the moving bus system, meaning the moving bus road and the pavement, together with the building bases are all 'flush' to produce the same level throughout, and with protective side barriers. Looks nice! But brings down customization capacities.  

Can't wait for the moving bus junction to be out! Wished Tomytec will further produce a 'T-junction' type that would seriously be very fun!

Seems like I'll be spending more money with Tomix again in the coming year... As if this year wasn't expensive enough *sigh*

Tomix will be expanding their 200系 lineup (finally) with a model of a 200系 F formation, though which sub-group within the F formations isn't clear yet (this will be cleared up when they release the model for pre-orders I guess).

http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2014/07/tomix362014-13c7.html

http://p.twipple.jp/V55Y3

For me It will be interesting to see which of the many sub-groups within the F formations they will pick, and if this will represent a post 1992 formation (including the modified cab side windows, pantograph covers and car order (the 215形 as car #11 as opposed to the original #7 position)) or if it will be one of the older configurations. I personally hope for the former, as though MicroAce has released a 1990's/2000's F formation in the past (formation F19, this formation was retained for charter work after JR East retired the final un-renewed 200系 formations in 2004, as it had been used for the testing of the new DS-ATC system earlier and therefore could still be used after the 2004 deadline. JR East ultimately retired F19 in 2007.) , this model is hard to come by and on top of it inaccurate as well (it uses 1000番台 end cars in place of the 1500番台 used by the prototype).

If it's going to be a post 1992 formation, it should be one of the following formations:

As built:

- Formations F1 - F3, the original F formations. in 1983 the first 200系1000番台 cars, capable of a 240km/h service speed (By adding a high voltage roof cable it was possible to reduce the amount of raised pantographs from 6 to 3 (though the non-used pantographs where initially kept, in 1993 all surplus pantographs where removed resulting in two active pantographs and two reserve for all F and K formations) and this allowed them to reach their designed service speed), where introduced. Originally those cars where supposed to be part of the E formations (E37~E39) but because of their different status in relation to service speed it was decided to re-designate those formations into the F1~F3 group.

In 1997 All 3 formations where reformed into 10 car K formations, becoming K41~K43 in the process (the first formations in the K41~K51 group of formations, e.g. the second group within the K formations). The 6 surplus cars where used to extend the original 8 car K1~K11 formations into 10 car formations, which where re-designated as formations K21~K31. Between 1999 and 2002 formations K41~K43 where renewed by JR East together with formations K44, K46~K49 and K51 from the K41~K51 formations, and K21, K25 and K26 from the K21~K31 formations.

K41 K42 and K43 where retired in early 2013 after providing more then 29 years of service, with K43 holding the record for the second longest service life of a shinkansen train (29 years and 4 months, the 1st place record being held by fellow K formation, K21 (well to be fair, 6 cars out of 10) with 29 years and 10 months of service).

- Formations F4 - F21, In order to increase capacity on the Tōhoku and Jōetsu shinkansen, A small modification was made to the 221形/222形 end cars of the 7th production batch of 200系 formations in 1984. With the addition of one extra row of seats the 200系1500番台 was born. Externally recognizable by the extra window on both sides, the 1500番台 was to be the final modification to the 200系 in it's 5 year production run. While the end cars (221形 and 222形) where changed to 1500番台 the other cars (215形, 225形, 226形 and 237形) would remain 1000番台 cars.

The first such formation, F4, was delivered in June 1984 while the last formation, F21, was delivered in April 1985 ending the production run for the 200系 (not taking the four 200系2000番台 221形/222形 end cars delivered in 1986/1987 into account as they where more of an afterthought, same for the twelve 248形/249形 double deck cars delivered in 1990).

Starting in 1992, formations F5 and F8 received 200系200番台 (shark nose) end cars, rebuilt using surplus 225形/226形 cars from former E formations. While formations F14 and F16 where rebuilt for 275km/h service in 1990, and where renumbered into F92 and F93, A few F formations where used to supply cars for the first K formations as well.

In 1997 the remaining bulk of the F4~F21 formations where used to form the K44~K51 formations, with the surplus cars used to extend the K1~K11 formations.

After this only F19 was left of the original F formations, Eventually retiring as the last of the un-renewed 200系, and final F formation in March of 2007.

Modified/Re designated:

- Formations F5/F8 and F40/F41/F42/F43/F57, those formations received rebuilt 200系200番台 'Shark nose' cars as mentioned before. While F41/F42/F43 and F57 (both modified former E formations) where used to form 16 car formations H1/H2 and H5 in 1990, F40 (also a former E formation, E25) would remain in her F formation configuration until her retirement in 2002.

F5 and F8 had their original 1500番台 cars replaced by 200番台 cars in 1992 and 1993 respectively (221/222-1502 went to K2/later K22 while 221/222-1505 went to K5/ later K25). F5 was eventually retired in 2002, while F8 survived until the finale in 2004, and was scrapped in 2006.

- Formations F30 - F39, Those formations where all former E formations (E1~E3, E5, E6, E11 and E14~E17) modified for 240km/h in 1992/1993. They where the final E formations with JR East at the start of the 1990's, all other had either been modified in the mid 80's (E30~E36) and where now part of either the H/K or F90/91 formations, or where part of the two sub groups of G formations (G20~G28 and G40~G48, still limited to 210km/h) , with leftover cars used for the H formations. The 10 leftover formations where modified to F formation standard and became formations F30~F39, thus retiring the final E formation in 1993 (while the formations them self lived on).

In late 2000 the first formation of this group, F30 was retired from service, as F30 was originally delivered as formation E1 in October 1980 this also marked the retirement of the first ever 200系 production formation. The remaining members of this group where progressively retired with formation F31 (the former E2, second formation built) retired last in 2002.

- Formations F90 - F93, modified for 275km/h service on the Jōetsu in late 1989, they where a mix of former E formation (F90/F91) and F4~F21 formations (F92/F93), F90 being the former E33 and F91 the former E31. F92/F93 I already mentioned in one of the previous sections. In 2000 their 275km/h capability was disabled , and the final two formations (F91 and F93) where retired in 2004.

Loners:

- Formation F53, formerly formation E32 the only representative of the F51 - F58 sub group (modified E formations (E30 - E36, the final 6 E formations), modified by J.N.R. for 240km/h in 1985), left on property in the early 90's.She would be retired in 2001

- Formation F80, formerly formation F17, was modified to service the Nagano shinkansen for the 1998 winter Olympics, for this she was modified for service under both 25Kv 50Hz and 25Kv 60Hz being the only 200系 capable of doing so. After the Olympics she was used as a normal F formation and was retired in 2004.

Well that about sums up the possibilities, I personally would prefer the F30~F39 formations, but one of the F4~F21 would work as well (bigger chance for this group IMHO).

...aaand I was planning to write a small announcement for this model... Guess I went a little overboard, gomen ne :sleepy5:

-Sander

• Like 4

...aaand I was planning to write a small announcement for this model... Guess I went a little overboard, gomen ne :sleepy5:

-Sander

No worries Sander san! More information is always good! Really a walking shinkansen encyclopaedia!

Finally more news! It's about time!  :)

No wait, I confused this with the Plarail car...

So now we're having 2 new 500 series? That's bad news actually.

For the wallet....

Edited by JR500 のぞみ