Tomix - New Releases

I think I was mistaken about the E5 wheel well flares. The E6 has subtle ones. Some early E5 pics must have had them. Don't remember can't find the one so no worries.

Could be because E5 is a full-width shinkansen, and an E6 is a mini, with a smaller cross-section :))

Angus

My Kato E5 has no problems whatsoever on Peco code 55 flextrack, including the curves and turnouts ...

Ditto, including some tight curves well below prescribed radius.

Angus

so does anyone know what the formations will be for the E5/E6? there was mention of an 11 car train in the kato e6 description on hs.

if the full e5 10 car was coupled to an e6 7 car train you would have, i think, the first 17 car shinkansen!

jeff

so does anyone know what the formations will be for the E5/E6? there was mention of an 11 car train in the kato e6 description on hs.

if the full e5 10 car was coupled to an e6 7 car train you would have, i think, the first 17 car shinkansen!

jeff

Are you doing cartwheels??

not yet as i im not sure if a 17 car will fit in the jrm station!

may have to sell my kato e5 to get a tomix e5/e6 with all wheel pickup...

jeff

just looked at it and it will fit as works out 17 car e5/6 would be 401.5m and a 16 car n700 is 404.7m

Edited by cteno4

not yet as i im not sure if a 17 car will fit in the jrm station!

may have to sell my kato e5 to get a tomix e5/e6 with all wheel pickup...

jeff

just looked at it and it will fit as works out 17 car e5/6 would be 401.5m and a 16 car n700 is 404.7m

Don't forget to add the coupler Length :D

Was just going to see if it was close. The shorter e6 cars allow the 17 car combo to be roughly a regular 16 car length.

Jeff

yep

e5 26.5m for end and 25 for middle

e6 23m for end and 20.5m for middle 

n700 27.35m for end and 25m for middle

so 17 car e5/e6 401.5n and 17 car n700 404.7m

but as keitaro pointed out im not sure if the car length includes any coupling space or not, but still pretty much the same length so it will fit in the jrm station.

jeff

yep

but as keitaro pointed out im not sure if the car length includes any coupling space or not, but still pretty much the same length so it will fit in the jrm station.

jeff

We`ll be looking for a station-expansion project just like the prototype.   :toothy11:  :cool:  :toothy3:

Ha we can do that, the station is 3 1m long modules and we could slip another one in there or a half module. just need to do it on the other side and split that scene as well, but that is the container yard so it would work. only rub is then would need an extension for the supporting folding framework that the modules bolt to... but all this was done with doing something like this in the future!

now just have to get gov support to pay for the expansion!

jeff

• Like 1

New releases up:

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/kettei/sokuho.htm#20130118

E5 confirmed, JRF EF210-300, and some Kiha's including the really nice Hiroshima color Kiha40's.

Photos of soon to be releases Tomix items:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/20130117TOMIX?authkey=Gv1sRgCN7uiKCk4s-2tQE

Photos of soon to be releases Tomytec items:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/20130117TOMYTEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCPjy-sbHg6aAxAE

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Uhoh.... Why do I have a feeling the Tomix E5 and E6 have different road numbers the Kato versions, in which case I may have to order the Tomix ones as well....

Must ... not ... order ... more ... trains ..... ;)

• Like 1

I really, really like the Hiroshima and Tokai colors of the Kiha40, but I must resist because I have to focus on the region I choose to model (Shikoku~) and because I first want to experience a correct working Tomix Kiha40 first-hand. I wish other manufacturers than MicroAce did Shikoku trains... MicroAce is so slow and has low availability.

• Like 1

Uh oh… Those pictures reminded me of how good the 800 Shinkansen looks…

Strange though: it doesn't have the usual close coupling from Tomix Shinkansen. (but looks almost better without).

The C61 is scheduled for March. Order placed with HS, can't wait. The only order so far for 2013.

I'd love a C61 after seeing C61 20 in person in November but I'm thinking of the nightmare of installing DCC in Tomix locos.

Krackel Hopper
Strange though: it doesn't have the usual close coupling from Tomix Shinkansen. (but looks almost better without).

Very interesting.. I wonder if Tomix is no longer using their "seamless" look.

The E6 does look good, but these cars should be connected so close together that you can't really see anything in between the cars.  I know some people don't like what I'll call the "seamless" look of the Tomix couplers, but I would prefer that over the large gap between cars.

I don't plan to get the E6, but I'll most likely see about an E5 once the pre-order opens.. while I hope it's the "seamless" couplers, I'm not opposed to this new design.

Tomix re-release: Kuhane 583系

One of my favorite consist.

Include all extra cars to make full consist: 92326 + 92327 + 92328 + 92328 + 8916 + 8915 = full 13 car consist.

Many pictures of the Railway Collection 17 and other Tomytec trains and buses.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/201302012013TOMYTEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7rld3_vp7W0gE

Oh god I'm loving this Keihan 600 series: https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/201302012013TOMYTEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7rld3_vp7W0gE#5840709528049875106

Any of you know how Keihan's 350 series were used? In one or two-car formations? I believe both but unfortunately they have only have it with 1 car number.

Update:

New pictures of upcoming Tomix models too, ranging from SL's to KiHa's and Shinkansen:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/201302012013TOMIX?authkey=Gv1sRgCJeoh5axmcbMUg

Just look at the detail of all those trains. I'm just looking at pictures but it looks as if Tomix is really increasing their detailing level, especially the high-grade models look stunning.

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1
Oh god I'm loving this Keihan 600 series: https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/201302012013TOMYTEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7rld3_vp7W0gE#5840709528049875106

Any of you know how Keihan's 350 series were used? In one or two-car formations? I believe both but unfortunately they have only have it with 1 car number.

Yeees. Those Keihan trains. I'm not sure about getting some (I can get opened packages at Popondetta and some other places, for a price!), but I'm buying a few closed packages for sure! I have a fleet of three 2-car Kotoden, ex-Nagoya Subway 15m trains, so I think a few 14m trains will fit in perfectly with them.

I have the idea you like all trains of the Vol. 17...

I noticed that the Keihan 350 has dummy couplers on both sides, do you know if it's possible to replace them? And is it possible to fit TN couplers on Tomytec trains?

I also noticed how the lights of the Keihan trains are transparent plastic.

According to ngi.blog.eonet.jp Tomix have postponed the C61 until June 2013. They state they underestimated the demand for the loco and need for production time to meet all the orders.

Hornby faced with a similar situation has kept the release dates but has halved retailers orders with a promised rerun later in 2013.

Krackel Hopper

On Friday HobbySearch posted a pre-order for the sleeper train Hamanasu.

The train is being released as a 7 car basic, plus 4 car add-on, plus single add-on for a 12 car consist.

MicroAce also has a Hamanasu, which is only a 7 car set.

The Wiki page states (as of 2010) the Hamanasu is a 7 car consist.  It makes no mention is previous consists.

Is the Tomix 12 car consist the newest version?  Or was it 12 cars in an earlier era, and has since been reduced to 7 cars?