Tomix - New Releases

Hi Keitaro,

Yes, I read your WhatsApp message.  You are correct.  It's the Aomori service.  I rode it as far as Iwanuma with my Japanese brother in 1984.  His uncle had a small farm there and worked in accounts for a tyre factory or dealership or something.  But we were on a night train, rather, early evening from Tokyo.

We spent less than 24 hours in Iwanuma.  We saw the farm, all rice, which wasn't all that big, a temple, a stony river bed which was apparently used for a scene in a movie that was popular at the time, the beach, and then they bungled us back on a train to Tokyo - which was much slower than the trip up.

Cheers

The_Ghan

fair enough i thought you were looking at the 1989 time for some reason and figured you should be after

583 582 583 582 583 581 582 583 583

but yes that is correct what you have listed

Nah,

It was 1984, around October.  I'm pretty sure it was the 13 car consist too.  I've got a Kato consist, but I really want this one in the Tomix HG for comparison ... and to run two trains!

This one fits into my "Trains I've ridden on" theme rather than my "Kofu" theme.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I've got a Kato consist, but I really want this one in the Tomix HG for comparison ... and to run two trains!

The Kato one sucks... The tooling on it has to be at least 20-30 years old!!! I have the Tomix one in non-prototypical 10 car formation (the original release that they just called 581/583).

Clem,

What is it that you don't like about the Kato one?  Mine runs well, is quiet, and I'd say the detailing is pretty good.  Perhaps the Tomix one will be THAT good that my opinion of the Kato 583 will change.

Cheers

The_Ghan

What is it that you don't like about the Kato one?  Mine runs well, is quiet, and I'd say the detailing is pretty good.  Perhaps the Tomix one will be THAT good that my opinion of the Kato 583 will change.

Well it's not that I don't like it but they've been milking that one for a while now. They did a quick comparison in one of my old Nine Scale mags. Most of the differences are in the underbody equipment. The Tomix one just looks that much better. Although.. I will admit the Tomix one does not like bad track work because the the underbody equipment is rather low and will snag on rough or uneven track transitions/connections. IMO, the close coupling on the Tomix one alone is worth the price of admission.

Hi Clem,

I've observed that the Tomix coupling is generally superior to other manufacturers across the board.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

I guess I can post it here, since Tomytec belongs to Tomix (or however it exactly was). I've noticed that there's a Keihan Railway 600系 in line from Tomytec according to this page. It seems to be in the Railway Collection, but does someone know what the text beneath the image says? Google translate's text is absolutely unreadable.

I guess I can post it here, since Tomytec belongs to Tomix (or however it exactly was). I've noticed that there's a Keihan Railway 600系 in line from Tomytec according to this page. It seems to be in the Railway Collection, but does someone know what the text beneath the image says? Google translate's text is absolutely unreadable.

From what I read, its listed below those items scheduled for September release. Probably later in the year. There is also a Kotoden 3000  in N gauge for the first time which should be very popular.

I'm really looking forward to it, I have something for Keihan trains. I'm also planning on getting the K-ON version, but it's from a different manufacturer and before ordering it I what to be sure want kind of kit it is. I'll probably pre-order this Tomytec one (not K-ON though).

What the hell. Tomytec is announcing railway collection #16 and #17 at once? Both look awesome, though I'm really more interested in #17, since there could be some mighty interesting interurbans hidden among that sweet-ass Keihan 600 Series... :grin

Interesting... Tomix doing the 200 series renewal. I hope it includes the nose coupler on the renewal set. Looks like K47 is a going to be a limited edition. Crickey Tomy sure knows how to make money.

jappomania

Interesting... Tomix doing the 200 series renewal. I hope it includes the nose coupler on the renewal set. Looks like K47 is a going to be a limited edition. Crickey Tomy sure knows how to make money.

mmmhhh  :sad:  sincerly I'm start to be tired for this xerox policy, both sets has been already produced by Microace (only a couple of decals differs) and we still waiting the other Shinkansen that's never been produced (200-2000 H right car formation, Dr.Yellow T3, S1, S2 , S51 East-I, prototype Star 21, 300x, WIN350, 951 and 961, Zero 1000 subseries....)

What the hell. Tomytec is announcing railway collection #16 and #17 at once? Both look awesome, though I'm really more interested in #17, since there could be some mighty interesting interurbans hidden among that sweet-ass Keihan 600 Series... :grin

What's nr.16 then? The train from the first scan? But both numbers have multiple trains on one scan.

I'm definitely getting the Keihan 600. If you like both, why not get them both? (if you have the money for it of course)

What's nr.16 then? The train from the first scan? But both numbers have multiple trains on one scan.

I'm definitely getting the Keihan 600. If you like both, why not get them both? (if you have the money for it of course)

http://ngi.blog.eonet.jp/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2012/05/17/000_1_3.jpg

Collection #16

http://ngi.blog.eonet.jp/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2012/05/17/000_5.jpg

Collection #17

;)

Err... do you have to get all trains at once or is it just a "collection" which you can "collect" by buying them separately?

mmmhhh   :sad:  sincerly I'm start to be tired for this xerox policy, both sets has been already produced by Microace (only a couple of decals differs) and we still waiting the other Shinkansen that's never been produced (200-2000 H right car formation, Dr.Yellow T3, S1, S2 , S51 East-I, prototype Star 21, 300x, WIN350, 951 and 961, Zero 1000 subseries....)

yes but people like me do not have them and want them  :grin

by the way it seems like they do come with the nose couplers. i guess we have to wait for preorder info to confirm though

Thanks for the update guys.

mmmhhh   :sad:  sincerly I'm start to be tired for this xerox policy, both sets has been already produced by Microace ...

Jappomania,

What is the Microace product number for the 200 series K47 that you are referring to?

Cheers

The_Ghan

mmmhhh     sincerly I'm start to be tired for this xerox policy' date=' both sets has been already produced by Microace (only a couple of decals differs) [/quote']

Couldn't disagree more, In my opinion it's essential as a consumer to have a choice  between different sets, keeps manufacturers honest and it allows the costumer to choose the sets which fits his/her taste best. This is especially true for the Micro Ace set, as it in my opinion fails to capture the distinctive shape* of the renewalled K formations (the windscreen, which looks to be almost flush with the nose curvature on the model, while the prototype has a subtle, but still distinctive change of angle (a bit sharper then the original windscreen, but still visible)). Obviously it isn't 100% certain Tomix will improve on this (the windscreen is relatively thin in comparison to the original, so I guess it's hard to replicate in N) but I'm setting aside some money for at least 1 example anyway ;) . Heck, if Tomix provides enough transfer variations I might get myself the entire fleet! :grin

10151829a9.jpg

VS:

35210901_big.v1337253479.jpg

and we still waiting the other Shinkansen that's never been produced (200-2000 H right car formation, Dr.Yellow T3, S1, S2 , S51 East-I, prototype Star 21, 300x, WIN350, 951 and 961, Zero 1000 subseries....)

This I do agree with! Even though I'd swap the 200-2000 for a 200-200 221/222 H formation, as well as a G formation (both in 8 and 10 cars) and a up to date pre-renewal K formation.

Perhaps with the 30th anniversary of both the Tohoku (23.6.1982) and the Joetsu (15.11.1982) we might see some more 200系 suprises from the other manufacturers.

*this is of course entirely my own opinion, nothing against the MA model, or anyone who enjoys it.

**Picture Copyright: Hobby Search vs http://photozou.jp/photo/show/282592/35210901

I need the green livery. I have the other. BTW it was a great model the MA one but as per usual thats the last time you will see it for another 2 years most likely.

Tomix are likely to float about longer and gives all wheel pickup and parts.

The green should be having the nose coupler but as per usual the auto translates leave a bit of guess work ??? maybe i'm wrong. Though i can understand MA not including the nose coupler as this is not really there forte, but would be unforgiveable for tomix to do.

Nick_Burman

http://ngi.blog.eonet.jp/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2012/05/17/000_1_3.jpg

Collection #16

http://ngi.blog.eonet.jp/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2012/05/17/000_5.jpg

Collection #17

;)

Oh dear...oh dear...ohh...Asahikawa Tramway 1001... Hokutetsu/Oigawa "Shirasagi"...Kotoden 3000...my pocket is moaning loudly...

cheers NB

This may be a market reaction to Kato's Kokuden models. Get them out and empty everybody`s pockets.  :laugh: Railway Collection 1 was released in November 2005, so there have been an average of 2 collections per year.