Tomix - New Releases

Nick_Burman

Iida Line! Iida Line! Iida Line!  :grin :love10:

Cheers NB

Hey! Kei. It's a good idea but two things:

- I think we need to have two separate threads for Tomix and Tomitec.

- This, at least for me, unreadable. It would be better just to post the basic infos like name of the new products and maybe a poster or a link to somewhere.

i will try to do that i read this blog from time to time but it doesn't display right on my pc so it's reallt hard to move data between sites.

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohane25-100 (Gold Belt)  Tomix

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohane24  Tomix

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohanefu24  Tomix

J.R. Limited Express Sleeper Series 24 Type 24 `Akebono` (Add-On 4-Car Set)  Tomix

J.R. Limited Express Sleeper Series 24 Type 24 `Akebono` (Basic 4-Car Set)  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (J.N.R. Red No.2, w/Visor) *Prestige Model  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (Cassiopeia Color) *Prestige Model  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (J.N.R. Red No.2, w/Visor)  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (Cassiopeia Color)  Tomix

J.R. Type 923 Shinkansen Comprehensive Test Train (Doctor Yellow) (Add-On Set)  Tomix

J.R. Type 923 Shinkansen Comprehensive Test Train (Doctor Yellow) (Basic Set)  Tomix

[Limited Edition] J.R. Series N700-8000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen (Unit R10) (8-Car Set)  Tomix

Convenience Store (Three F)  Tomix

Convenience Store (FamilyMart)  Tomix

Multi-Cleaning Car Set (ED61 Brown + Cleaning Car Brown)  Tomix

doctor yellow is renewal as well i'm sure some people on this forum were waiting for this one?

anyway just as we were having conversations about cleaning car look who pops up haha

pre ordered

Martijn Meerts

I guess I'll be getting my 4th cleaning car and 4th n700 in September then ;)

check out these pics that overhead multi track set looks great

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://ngi.blog.eonet.jp/photos/20110429_tomix/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dngi%2Bblog%2Bjp%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D673%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com.au&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg95qk30v7ergtqCR2dBmE9dbVMOg

anyone know if it comes with cleaning fluid for the cleaning car? it fails to meantion although does say has pads

Martijn Meerts

The previous loco+cleaning car set didn't come with any cleaning fluid, so I'm guessing it's not included in this set either. The cleaning car+cleaning track set does come with fluid though.

Pads are a standard extra with all the cleaning cars I've seen so far. You usually get 3 or 4 each of the grinding and polishing pads.

Interesting that Tomix happens to have the 3 209-500s (Musashino. Sobu, Keihin-Tohoku). Kato's announced the Musashino as new, I'm hoping that they'll announce the other 2 they previously made will be rerun (I'm far more interested in getting the Sobu and Keihin-Tohoku 10-car sets)

seems the e5 must be exclusive to kato like i read on mixi. still no news from tomix.

Ihope they can secure exclusive rights to e6

Martijn Meerts

If Kato has exclusivity on the E5, it's likely they'd get it (or already have it) on the E6 as well, especially considering 1 end of the E5 already has a functional couple to hook up an E6.

Too bad for the E5, as much as I like my Kato trains, I love my Tomix Shinkansen (0 & 300) with all wheel power pickup and close coupling.

But...

Can you hear it?!

The new N700 is speaking...

Buy me...

Buy me...

Buy me...

Buy me...

Buy me...

Buy me...

:grin

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

This may have been a blessing in disguise.  I had pre-ordered the N700-7000 from HobbyWorld.  When HW announced their closing, the full 8 car sets had already closed at HobbySearch.  Looks like I can now use that $$$ already set aside for the new painted train N700.. woot!

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

Most of the Tomix Sept. release is for HO Scale.

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohane25-100 (Gold Belt)  Tomix

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohane24  Tomix

J.R. Passenger Car Type Ohanefu24  Tomix

J.R. Limited Express Sleeper Series 24 Type 24 `Akebono` (Add-On 4-Car Set)  Tomix

J.R. Limited Express Sleeper Series 24 Type 24 `Akebono` (Basic 4-Car Set)  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (J.N.R. Red No.2, w/Visor) *Prestige Model  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (Cassiopeia Color) *Prestige Model  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (J.N.R. Red No.2, w/Visor)  Tomix

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF81 (Cassiopeia Color)  Tomix

These are all in HO.  Really, the Dr. Yellow, N700 Sakura & ED61 Cleaning Car Set are the only N Scale announced so far.

Oh well the ones that make it a good release for sept are all nscale  :laugh:

NGI blog failed to mention ho or not ...

lordwinslow2

Put in a reservation on the Tomix Dr. Yellow (both sets) and the Cleaning car. 

Winslow

What's the best site for this kind of pre-orders?

You probably got it before ( :grin ) but I'd like to order the N700 Shinkansen but I don't know where since I didn't order trains from Japan yet.

I was tempted by Hobby Search but I don't know if we have to pay on the preorder or then the product arrives on their warehouse. Is it also possible to cancel if I change my mind (or don't have money in september...)?

I'm more used to HLJ and the have a really convenient shopping and pre-order system.

Martijn Meerts

Pre-ordering from Hobby Search is easy enough. Just order it like you would normally, and when it comes in stock, you'll get a payment notice. You don't have to pay anything in advance.

Canceling can be tricky though, since Hobby Search doesn't allow cancelations after a certain period. Not sure how long that period is though, never canceled anything :) , but I'm sure others have an answer there.

Thanks, I'll take it! It's been a long time since I wanted a N700, N700-8000, and this special train is great and will put some colors on my Shinkansen tracks!  :grin

EDIT: One more thing, do you usually take SAL or EMS? For my action figures I'm used to take SAL, but the price is more 5000¥ than 20000¥ and SAL doesn't have insurance.

Martijn Meerts

I tend to go EMS, simply because I like getting my things fast (or at least, as fast as customs here allow it ;))

I have no experience with SAL at all. If I ship something with SAL, it'll take like 1-1.5 month for it to get to my door. Customs tends to take around 2-3 weeks already, even on EMS.