Tomix - New Releases

I find the South Hokkaido set a little odd.  They Yellow is already and currently available.  The v.red is and has been available everywhere.  And the white is really a JR East version from northern Tohoku, readily available also as a recent release.

Edited by katoftw
Das Steinkopf
13 hours ago, nah00 said:

Trying to avoid the urge buy the JP-8 Takis but I don't need my collection of them to start surpassing that of my Kokis. The South Hokkaido Kihas are nice though and the old the older EF-210 is a model I've wanted to re-released though I wish it didn't have the Eco-Power logo on it. 

I'm definitely getting some more TaKi 1000's and have pre odered 2 of the 8713 with the Eneos logo and 2 of the 8711 normal JOT versions to add to my fleet, I will be renumbering them with the decals I have from the 8710 and 8728 TaKi 1000 with Taillights, I am not after any of the JP-8 versions as I will have enough fun trying to fit an oil terminal and a freight yard let alone an airbase.

The EF210-0 variants do not have the Eco Power logo on them, it was introduced on the EF210-100 variants, EF210-101 to EF210-108 were fitted with the PS22D pantographs that are also fitted to the EF210-0 variants, from EF210-109 onwards the class are fitted with the FPS- 4 single arm pantographs, to the casual observer one of the earlier EF210-100's could be easily mistaken for a EF210-0 variant.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
14 hours ago, katoftw said:

I find the South Hokkaido set a little odd.  They Yellow is already and currently available.  The v.red is and has been available everywhere.  And the white is really a JR East version from northern Tohoku, readily available also as a recent release.

Actually, they aren't. These aren't JR Hokkaido but South Hokkaido Railway trains. The JNR colored one (1807) was recently repainted by South Hokkaido Railway in this livery, where as 1798 is still in JR Hokkaido livery. The odd thing is too rerelease 1812 as part of this set. I was expecting a set with just 1807 and one DMU in JR Hokkaido livery.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Eh.....me. 🙂 I don't have a 700 or an N700. I just pre-ordered the 8 car basic set. Thanks for posting!

Now i'm on the fence with getting the N700S cause Gavin has decided to get it and I blame Gavin for influencing me...  😛

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Now i'm on the fence with getting the N700S cause Gavin has decided to get it and I blame Gavin for influencing me...  😛

I will wait for a real 8 car release of the N700S. Maybe there will be some fancy schmancy livery for it at some point too like the N700. Not waiting to get another full 16 car set that I will never run as a complete set.

Is this the Soundbox? Or is it the TNOS with PC control? If it also has customization of layouts, count me in!

Edited by Yavianice
On 1/11/2019 at 7:10 AM, Yavianice said:

I will wait for a real 8 car release of the N700S. 

Yavianice, I'm curious, what do you mean by a "real" 8 car set? 

13 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Is this the Soundbox? Or is it the TNOS with PC control? If it also has customization of layouts, count me in!

Sounds like PC control, presumably TNOS-related.

@brill27mcb please provide the source link where you found this, it may contain further information .

1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

Yavianice, I'm curious, what do you mean by a "real" 8 car set? 

The 700S will also come in 8 car flavors. I prefer that as a model, instead of having a 16 car model. Sure you can just leave some cars out but that does not help with the car numbering.

• Thanks 1
Gordon Werner
22 hours ago, brill27mcb said:

So what does this announcement say?

TNOS 2018 announcement.jpg

programming so that you can do things like automate the yard track set ... see here in action (clicking the video will jump to the relevant time automatically): 

Quite a lot of new releases again:

KiHa 100 Series "Pokemon with You Train"

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-1.pdf

Hisatsu Orange Railroad HSOR-100 Series in "Orange-Chan" and various Kumamon liveries:
https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-2.pdf

485-3000 Series "Hakutaka"
Kintetsu 30000 Series Vista Ex in the old livery (If I understand properly, this version has a smoking room, which was not existing (removed on the prototype?) in the 2016 release?)

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-3.pdf

209-1000 Series in Chuo line livery (that was fast!)
WaMu 80000 / WaMu 58000
https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-4.pdf

New Brown version of their Double Track Truss Bridge

Rerelease: 287 Series "Kuroshio"

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-5.pdf

H0-Scale: EF81 81 in various liveries

H0-Scale: EF81 in Twilight Express livery

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-6.pdf

H0-Scale: KoKi 104 with Seino Containers, KoKi 107 without Containers

H0-Scale: Various Containers:

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20190213-7.pdf

• Like 2

Yeah saw those releases and straight way the 209-1000 Chuo Line is a want! Hisatsu Orange Railroad HSOR-100 Series in "Orange-Chan" and various Kumamon liveries: is mighty attractive too... those lovely liveries are so cute!

Glad to see more HO KoKi 107s are coming as they sold through very quickly. Also been after some of the Nippon Express Eco Liner containers for a long time but again, no sign and my local hobby shop couldn’t get any from Tomix. Nice to have some more 104s to break up the rake as well as the Seino containers too. I’ll definitely be looking to add some more of these.

Interesting that they chosen EF81 81 in 3 different liveries, including its royal appointment. Wonder if that’ll lead to a Tomix release of the Emporers train or just add to loco choice for the Tenshodo or Endo versions.

Edited by Kamome
40 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Is the Pokemon train only for Japan release?  It is on the JP HS webpages, but not the EN pages.

Marked in red in the bottom right corner of the poster: "本製品は海外販売不可です"

Google says: "This product is not for sale overseas"

• Thanks 1

Probably has to do with Pokemon Licensing.   Maybe Nintendo (Pokemon Company) are more strict than Sanrio.  Was't the Kitty Shinkansen JP only?  But it seemed as long as it was sold to a Japanese reseller and that Japanese reseller sold it "in Japan", meaning took the order and fulfilled it in Japan, they were ok with it.