Tomix - New Releases

Das Steinkopf

Well it looks like I got my answer quicker than I expected, I won't be committing to anything just yet as I am happy sticking to my much shorter JR Central stock, if my wife does decide to get the Rilakkuma E231-500 I might be tempted to go down the rabbit hole but at over ¥20,000 on average for the 8 to 11 car trains that run along the line it does scare me somewhat.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10553773

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10553774

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, katoftw said:

Those car carriers are awesome.  But 4 out of 10 makes said series a little boring.  Variety is low.

I only liked them and the truss carriers but that's not enough to make me pull the trigger. Plus I figure these will be available in two packs at some point in the future. 

Also pretty sure the HK100s are popular enough they could get a proper release instead of railway collection models especially with Kato's re-release of the Hokuetsu Express. 

Edited by nah00
4 hours ago, katoftw said:

Those car carriers are awesome.  But 4 out of 10 makes said series a little boring.  Variety is low.

You can always leave the extra trucks in their boxes and sell them on eBay in about two years. I bet those car carriers will get a good price.

Yeah, plus the other trucks aint that bad looking either. 4 out of 10 is quite good, they would have done 1 out of 10 and that's worse... Besides, the 2 truss carriers are really nice, that makes 6 out of 10, 2 generic container trucks with the 'ONE' logo, one refridgement container truck which is somewhat rare, and a quite nice Vantec curtain siders, all in all, this is one trailer collection that has quite good variety over the rest of the boring containers. (20ft, 31ft and 40ft) 

Plus, you get a shot at a special truck! Wonder what that might be... 

• Like 1

I'm glad that Tomix will make the TWR 70-000 series as it's a train that i did want to buy, but at the same time i didn't want to buy the rare and overpriced Microace ones.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

So will Tomytec release a mascot figure set I wonder? Need one for the hello kitty interior! 

Probably in the railway daughters series... Slightly larger, but more detailed. The rest of the crew is just dining and cabin crew with a bit of pink. The 1:160 JNR dining car uniforms set could work.

And a slightly more informative video

* edited. My bad, it was the same video haha... must be the summer sun

Edited by JR 500系
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Tomix reposted this video today (August 15, 2018)

Yeah that was the video I initially linked last night, but it looked to be the same as the previous one haha...  🙂

Tomytec canceled the orders for the Hello Kitty Shinkansen, and the Tomytec Seibu 30000 "GUDETAMA SMILE TRAIN" for overseas customers.Hobby Search and AmiAmi deleted them from their websites.I wonder why they don't want to sell overseas.

Edited by Sascha

They did? 

Yes they are no longer for pre-orders on their respective sites, but I hope they will still pull through for those pre-orders already placed.

I really don't want to see my Hello Kitty being cancelled!

I'm thinking there is an overseas License issue with these sets? Seeing that their liveries and all are often trade marked and licensed...

20 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

They did? 

Yes they are no longer for pre-orders on their respective sites, but I hope they will still pull through for those pre-orders already placed.

I really don't want to see my Hello Kitty being cancelled!

I'm thinking there is an overseas License issue with these sets? Seeing that their liveries and all are often trade marked and licensed...

But Hello Kitty is all over the world. Maybe have to do with JR West and Seibu Railway? The Z Scale model is still Available.

Edited by Sascha
13 minutes ago, Sascha said:

But Hello Kitty is all over the world. Maybe have to do with JR West and Seibu Railway? The Z Scale model is still Available.

Or Tomix only lincensing it for Japan, while Rokuhan could (in theory) pay a little more (like for example twice as much) and sell it everywhere.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, railsquid said:

My chance to make a killing illicitly exporting sets

Considering the number of shops or companies that remain who are willing to export Japan only stuff is decreasing, you might even get a fairly decent amount of money. As long as you do it legally (buy it for yourself and sell the 'used' stuff as a private person). Though the number of obtainable sets for each item are limited for private buyers, which limits the resell possibilities to non commercial amounts. :-D

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

My chance to make a killing illicitly exporting sets 😉

Actually that was really nice of Nariichi san! He actually helped us to ask Tomytec and ignored their T&C NOT to sell overseas for pre-orders that are already placed... I wish the other retailers would do that too, don't want to miss out on the Hello Kitty 500 which will be such an attractive train... 

Plus I guess my Gudetama will only stay as a 3-car basic set now.... 

• Like 1

Interestingly my orders for both on Amazon are still up and open.

We'll see what happens.    I can always redirect to my SIL who can mail me them.  Means I have to pay the Japanese consumption tax 😞  and when she mails stuff, not always as cheap as when I get it direct from a store.

My HS order still shows in my account, but I cannot click on that item for further details - unlike everything else I have on order.

This is a shame.  It doesn't bode well for future painted trains with licensing tie-ins for those of us outside of Japan.

This happened once before if memory serves me right and it was later corrected. I can’t remeber which train it was.

So who is going to fly over and come back with a suitcase full?

jeff

4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

This happened once before if memory serves me right and it was later corrected. I can’t remeber which train it was.

jeff

I won't be flying over, but if they cancel existing orders, I may have a few sets sent to my SIL and conveniently posted to me...

4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Ok. I'll take one for the team and make the trip. You guys are paying my travel and board, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3