Tomix - New Releases

Amongst many, interesting releases might be the Keihan 80 type non-airco re-release, the Sotetsu 5000 series, and the standard gauge JR East 701-5500 series that run alongside the Yamagata Shinkansen on the Ou Main Line. I don't get why they're releasing the JR Shikoku 121 series when the old MicroAce is available for relatively cheap though.

For truck fans the railway vehicle carrier looks interesting. Looks like it'll even come with a passenger car included.

I really like the look of JR Tokai 313 Series, I think Tomix has done a really good job there with those models and I hope that they release a 313-3000 Series in the near future so I can add it to my contemporary Iida Sen fleet. 

The EH200 looks okay but to be frank I don't see it as being any advance over the Kato version detail wise, I checked the photos against my Kato model and there are a few features where the Tomix version is lacking finer details compared to the Kato model such as the struts in the middle of the ventilation grilles, mind you the Tomix has the MU Cables between both car bodies whilst the Kato one doesn't. 

The Keihan 80 Series fitted with AC is a nice addition to the Otsusen fleet and will be welcomed by many a Keihan Keishin fan, the only way to get these before was to hunt down the Keihan exclusive model which are far from cheap on Yahoo Auctions, at least now people will have the opportunity to buy one at a reasonable price. I have one of the Keihan exclusive models but I will be definitely getting one of the new models as well to add to my fleet, I wil probably return that model to original condition and fit the powered chassis as well as the pantographs onto the new model, that way I can weather it and not feel guilty about soiling an exclusive limited edition model.

I'm getting hyped for the Railway Collection Nō. 26. I said I wasn't really going to do JR, but the prospect of simple Tōhoku styled AC EMU units is a bit too lucrative to ignore... Needless to say it also gives me hope that Tomix/Tomytec will eventually also touch upon the 719 Series.

Amazing news... equally amazing to see Tomix picking up the E1 Max again! Now that's a surprise...

Heck, it also seems they wanna do all the Spacia... Now they are releasing the Coral Orange version (the one color that I dont have) with the new Niko mark...

That Kintetsu 30000 EXE new color is also mighty nice!

I thought the All Island bus series are going to be discontinued, especially so for the release of the 'My Machi' series... but surprising to see JB-51...

Why are there so many models yet so little funds....

• Like 1

Has anyone seen TOMIX's new TNOS system in person ... and/or actually used it?  I've seen plenty of demo videos on YouTube and it looks really good considering what the system is doing ...

And a video from our favorite Tet-Mum about the new Tomix  releases:

By the way, it seems Tet-Mum is expecting her second child soon!  Congratz to her!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Densha said:

Yes they are! Good thing that these are finally being released. I quite like the design of the 13000 series.

same (also the blue 3000 series trains they were based on) 

probably why I like that fake 900 series image

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but it looks like tomix is also going to be releasing the E001 Train Suite Shiki Shima, according to the hobby search blog.  I cant find any more info, other than release in 2018 and it will be a high grade model.

170913_Tomytec_Panel_19.jpg

• Like 1

Even though volume 25 hasn't even been released yet, Tomytec has already announced all trains that will be in volume 26 of the Tetsudou Collection. Other announced releases are the Hiroden 3000 type articulated tram and more 1/80 9mm gauge trains.

Tomix announcements are the Meitetsu 7000 series in 1/150 and the JNR/JR Shikoku KiHa 181 series in 1/80 scale.

Edited by Densha

The Volume 26 trains are rather underwhelming in my opinion... except for the JR East Tohoku Main Line 701 series all trains have already been released by MicroAce, which are in general a better choice than Tomytec. Maybe the secret model is more interesting...?

I think Tomytec is better off focusing on small interurban trains. Better release heavy rail trains under the Tomix brand and get get back to releasing interurbans as Tomytec as they used to. I'll gladly take a JR Shikoku 121 series from Tomix and there's plenty of interesting small trains left to release under the Tomytec brand. Now I'm stuck with having to get the (expensive) JR Shikoku 121 series from MicroAce and seeing very few new (affordable) interurban releases.