24 members have voted

1. 1. Indicate your Kato Unitram and Portram

• I already have a Unitram set
    • I plan to but one in the future
    • I will wait to see if more components are added
    • I will never buy it
    • I have bought the Portram only
    • I will buy the Tomix tram track instead

I already have a shipload of Tomix track, so the most likely choice would be to by Tomix tram track for me (which I probably will). A change to the more IMHO more difficult Kato geometry would be an illogical choice.

First I bought Tomix version but don't like me, to much fast and you see the engine thru the windows (sold immediatelly)

Second I bought Kato version, much expensive but is wonderfull (slow and better molded), I hope Kato in the future release all the other livery

I bought Portram track set but only to see an example of tram track, I think I re-sell them because I don't like to much geometric track plan (curve at 45 or 90 degree), so I ordered some track profile from

http://www.finescale-und-mehr.de/Trambahngleis.html

It's a hard work but the final result....

ciao

Massimo

Until, I move (if I move) over to stage 2 of my layout building, I may go over to it. I'm not a big fan of how blockly, chunkly the Kato plates look, nor am I sure of how I can integrate this in to my existing design.

I voted "wait to see what's added", but I could as easily have voted "will buy Tomix track instead":  I have some Tomix track for my Modemo tram, and if I were expanding the tram line today I'd buy more.

But I'm interested in the Unitram track, although I think it's too limiting today, and I may buy the track (but not either the Tomix or Kato Portams) to play around with (vague ideas of a small table-top tram layout dancing in my head), or I may wait for some switches before I do that.

But I'll note that I'm more intrested in the Unitram track than the Unitram trams.

voted have the Tomix Tram, also have the tram track additions to the Tomix track and when Keitown goes on the base board may use some of it.

I already have the Unitram set plus I bought another Kato Portram. I saw the Tomix version, but I didn't like it after I saw the Kato one. And of course I am waiting for new components to expand the basic set.

My brother has a Tomix Portram and it's no comparison to the Kato version and IMHO the Kato track is better than Tomix even if they don't have as big a range yet.

Martijn Meerts

My brother has a Tomix Portram and it's no comparison to the Kato version

I'd hope so considering the price difference between the 2 =)

Hobby Dreamer

Have the full set and both some extra Kato and Tomytec trams

But

Dying to what future track will come before planning and building!

I have the Unitram set from Kato, I am planning on using the set on an NTRAK module set  2x 4 feet and two modules with an urban scene for the portatrams with a maintenance garage, Kato Engine house connected with Unitrak.  I will have access to the blue line on the NTRAK and it will double as an industry siding as in done in many major cities.

Dale A. Tripp

www.daletripp.com