Sign in to follow this  
westfalen

My trip to Germany and U.K.

westfalen

great picts and looks like a really fun trip.

what was the video camera you ended up with again? took very nice stills while videoing!

cheers

jeff

Sony HDR-CX550VE. Halfway through the trip I realized I hadn't had my still camera out of my camera bag for a couple of days, when I go to Japan in August I'm planning to travel light and just take the video camera.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so on the premise that a video is worth a thousand pictures, here's the first three videos with highlights of the first couple of days.

While waiting for my connecting flight to Frankfurt in Sydney I got the train out to Epping to ride the new Chatswood-Epping line and do some train watching.

During the day in Frankfurt waiting for the tour group to arrive from London I bought an all day ticket and rode trams.

With a break to do a bit of train watching at Frankfurt Südbahnhof.

westfalen

I thought it was about time I did some more video of this years holidays before next years come along.

Here's some of the Bebra steam festival in Germany in April.

Nozomi4ever

Nice pictures!! :grin

I really love the blue Eurosprinter Taurus ... :grin

BTW , did you manage to spot this locomotive in Frankfurt?

It 's a locomotive sponsored by Marklin..

quinntopia

Great videos (I just now checked out Westfalen's steam video). I have to say to both Nozomi's and Westfalen, the sound on each of your videos was really excellent.  Maybe its my speakers, but I have a feeling it has something to do with your cameras!  Nice job(s)!