Location, location, location!

Enwhycentral

Im fresh to the forum by only a few days and this is my first post! I've added my location too. I just received in the mail today my first Kato set, N700 M1. The first of many pieces, I have big plans to come. :)

Welcome to the forum! Now all the Japanese retailers will know where to send your packages.  :grin

I added myself, Bethesda Maryland, USA.

beginning to be a pile up in the NE USA!

Im happy to add anyone if they dont want to do the google account thing, just yell and let me know where to stick you!

cheers

jeff

beginning to be a pile up in the NE USA!

Yeah--we seem to match up with the route of the Amtrak Northeast Regional pretty well. A few more and we could have an onboard meetup.

Oh, that's weird--just as I was typing that, the 11:0x Northeast Regional went by!  (We live within sight of the Norfolk Southern line.)

This is becoming an interesting and exciting thread but Don is there anyway to move the Map link to the top of the thread (or any other suggestions) so it's easy to find? (As the thread grows because where it's positioned, the link might be harder to find in the future) 

Enwhycentral

I've added the Google Maps link to the end of the first post in this thread.

I'm feeling rather lonely where I'm at now.  :sad:

I know a lot of people out here in HK love trains (there was a huge fad not too long ago with people going crazy over Densha-Go), but no one is into the modelling. Well, not many anyway.

Claude_Dreyfus

Surrey/Sussex Border, near Horsham    S.E. England

...and I live about ten miles south of Horsham...in Pulborough!

I'm feeling rather lonely where I'm at now.  :sad:

I know a lot of people out here in HK love trains (there was a huge fad not too long ago with people going crazy over Densha-Go), but no one is into the modelling. Well, not many anyway.

I know what you mean.  I suggested to 80M Bus model flagship store about the possibility of expanding their own n gauge product to go beyond buses.  For example, design tram and train models in a way that can fit easily into a Kato or Tomix chassis, saving them investment risk.  The shop owner responded that there is nothing like that in their production pipeline.

However Tomy has jumped into making MTR B train I heard...

Mudkip Orange

Sao Paulo, Brazil. Duly pinned up...

Cheers NB

Are you serious?

You should post some freeway footage up in "off topic" if you have a camera. I find the one-way avenues along the rivers (and their associated interchanges) fascinating, but alas Google Street View has yet to venture into the city.

Nick_Burman

Dead serious... I'm Brazilian, my father was British (from Leeds), my mother is Brazilian/Italian (born here of Italian parents from Gorizia and Lucca).

Bit difficult to post such footage from a motorbike...we don't have a car and I always try to avoid going down the "Marginais" because they are permanently clogged.

Google view has just started capturing data in Brazil, so it's a bit early to expect much in the way of results. There are also several difficulties involved in capturing data over here...the worst being security. I work for the Brazilian representative of Tele Atlas/TomTom, our field personnel is scared stiff of going data collecting in certain areas...in one occasion all the collecting gear (and the hire car) was stolen at gunpoint. I get repeated orders to "cordon off" certain sectors of street geometry to avoid the navigating software sending people into high security risk areas.

Sorry for the O/T...

Cheers NB

CaptOblivious

I feel really stupid.. How do I add a pin?  ???

No worries. Just PM me your city and I can add it for you

No worries. Just PM me your city and I can add it for you

Calgary, AB, Canada!!  :blob7:

Hah! Edmonton, AB, Canada!  :grin

Just added mine, in Houston, Texas. But not for long, I think I'll be in New Mexico by the end of the year.  :grin