Claude_Dreyfus

Kanjiyama - An N gauge Japanese Terminus Layout

Kabutoni

Thank you for your hard work Kanjiyama.

お疲れ様です。

• Like 2

Densha

Sad to see this layout go, but so is life. Feels a bit like how I rode the Sanko Line just months ago and that it is already closed now...

• Like 1

cteno4

Ahh sad to see, but it had a good run and will have a new German life! We are doing our club's layout 2.0 sayonara run in a few weeks, but it will live on as a home layout for one of the members. It's nice to be starting on a new layout. Each time around we learn something and do things better and make our show life easier!

Thanks for the great presentation you have given the forum on the whole cycle of kanjiyama! It's been great to watch and lots of ideas and inspirations from it!

Kudos!

Jeff

• Like 1

Carlos Filipe

Sayonara Kanjiyama

• Like 1

ianlaw

Sorry to see it go. Will you be building a new Japanese layout?

Claude_Dreyfus

Certainly will. Currently working out what size the new layout will be...whatever it will be needs to fit into the car and portable enough for me to move single-handedly from the shed.

It will be an exhibition layout.

• Like 1

tossedman

Looking forward to seeing the new one and how it's made!

JR 500系

So sad to see it go... it is such a beautiful project... gotta love that station!

Off topic, I was always thinking of placing tons of people with cameras on thin plastic sheets, so that I can place them on platforms for events like 'Sayonara' last runs or 'maiden' runs for new trains, but never got around doing it....   :P

serotta1972

Today was Kanjiyama's final show, at Abingdon. It's next adventure will be a conversion from Japanese to German, so it will live on. It was a sad day, but we all move on, and a new layout thread will be started in due course when I get going.

Here are a few pictures of the final day.

The 'Sayonara Kanjiyama' special, behind a preserved DF50 awaits departure. The Kanjiyama line's own DD13 brings up the rear.

An E131 forms an afternoon service on the final day.

Local_zpsllpb8ix0.jpg

All quiet on the final day...

Yard - typical railway operations - they send a tamper up the line on its final day!

The final connection

Last%20Train_zpslfzpov8e.jpg

The last train

Sayonara_zpsi869it5n.jpg

The final departure - the last train from Kanjiyama. Sayonara.

The End

Where are the usual crowds during these Sayonara runs? :) Good good stuff, thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Bubule

Very nice Photos ! The design of layout is pure neat and well done. The Symplicity is at the service of the scenery. Great atmosphere and very beautifull rolling stock.

Good job, a pleasure to discover this layout.

Thanks !

• Thanks 1