H0 Faller "Kirmes" models

shiniji

Now there is again something new from me.

In recent days I have time left after a conversion plant outside my N eight and devoted myself to my other hobby, the fun fair models of faller.

this time the first test run from the top spin.

img2020e.jpg

and the video link:

I know that I did not mean it is completely assembled, because the more rest during walks in a giant lighting or planted, I will still wait for the SMD LEDs.

I hope it pleases you.

Patrick

• Like 1

Patrick - Is the mechanism that runs the model included in the kit? The fact that it reverses and has an independent spin on the seat is incredible. Are you planning on making an amusement center on a future layout?

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Bernard,

yes, the controls and the motors are included, ie complete functional models. Only the lighting is not there, because nuja can do something * g *

here is a photo of Free fall tower bausatz

img2021c.jpg

yes, we are planning or currently building a folk festival or fair for exhibitions.

and something new had, yesterday began the first time probemast complete with lighting, and must say: not so easy to find attached a video of test run Brak-dance on the carousel.

Patrick

I have a similar ride made by IHC called the "Octopus". I had to do a lot of modifications on it to get it to work. The motor that IHC makes are of poor quality and I wound up using a motor from a Sony Walkman.

Do you have any other Carnival rides that you've already built?

Martijn Meerts

Overall, the fun fair models by faller are great, they even have roller coasters and water rides etc.

The main issue I have with them, or at least had, since I haven't bought any for a long time, is that the motors are often not of great quality, the rides are often too fast, and there's no transitions when changing direction for example. It's either on or off, forward or backward.

I REALLY like the newer H0 ferris wheel though, I've seen it running with all the lights installed, and it's just impressive and huge =)

Yes, the brake is ready and actually dance moves nice and slow.

The problem with the Faller models is the controls for the broad masses gefertig was cheap and it had to stay.

But there e.g. drive units from www.mayerhofer-gmbh.de lighting, controls, and new, but the corresponding surgical Expensive.

currently lie here for another 10 kits to be built, 2 are currently under construction or spin top is ready. The Free Fall Tower is available just at work but if you really make more than the instructions to run the rides great.

The ferris wheel gibts see here soon, currently standing in the queue:

Somersault

Jungle Train

Octopussy

Insider

Circus World

Brake Dance (other version)

Spirit Temple

Flume

Flipper

Pit's wall show

and over 30 food stalls built in the lit and ready to be decorated.

I want to build a 2 meter x 1meter large diorama.

P.S. morgen gehts with my N plant continues incl new pictures;)

Patrick

Martijn Meerts

Have you been to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg by any chance? When I was there, they had quite a few of the fun fair models running there. Most of them are modified for the long running hours required at the place, but it was really cool to see.

It was quite a while ago, with what they learned of electronics etc. in the meantime, I wonder what they can do these days :)

Patrick - I have the Faller swimming pool which I recommend.

I've been forgetting to ask, I assume these rides are all HO scale? If they are, have you thought of using a Z scale train as another ride that would wind around the diorama theme park?

Hey Guys,

Yes bernard, the models in H0 Scale, the Z train for a Park-train is a nice idea, thanks :D

and my "kirmes" is back :D i have made a new Modul (3 modules  total) and the Freefall tower works (light and effekts follow as soon as my light bars are there). more pictures of other rides (and videos) are the next days and weeks.

Patrick

post-290-13569930147151_thumb.jpg

post-290-13569930147464_thumb.jpg

post-290-13569930148212_thumb.jpg

post-290-1356993014894_thumb.jpg

post-290-13569930149615_thumb.jpg

post-290-13569930150416_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Patrick,

hey looks like great fun! i saw the freefall on ebay and thought it would be a fantastic ride to model! sometime if you can could you take some picts of the mechanism and describe how it works? something that would be fun to do in N scale someday!

cheers

jeff

Hey Jeff,

the Model is beautifull. The model is driven by a motor in the base plate on the guide rollers, a thread is wound. This thread is from bottom plate to the highest point, the gondola, high again, the bottom plate and the whole 2 times tense.

This time the manual: http://faller.de/xs_db/DOKUMENT_DB/www/anleitungen/140325_anl_01.pdf

until I had to really work a little repair, but it works now everything works fine. Of course, Faller delivers to a controller and a sound module :D currently I'm still waiting on lighting blocks from mayerhofer the lighting of the tower, until then I continue to build.

Patrick

P.S. jeff, i wirte on the theme from little tokio ;) :D

post-290-13569930155022_thumb.jpg

shiniji,

thanks mucho for the instructions. looks like a project for the ardunio for control! this is going to wait a while for me to get into this one in N scale but its very doable (much more so than the roller coasters!).

cheers

jeff

Shinji, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing (I missed this thread originally I think?).  These rides are such cool additions to the layout; to repeat everyone else, wish we could get something like these in N!

The video is great as well...the music you picked was perfect! I felt like I was at a fun park!

Hey Guys,

its going on :D

i have my Top Spin with LEDs equipped. But I have a few problems with the controller for the tank, it breaks off the automatic operation :(

The lettering is from a provider, not from me ;)

Here the Video:

By the way ;) here the Ferris-Wheel for N and more:

http://faller.de/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPS.woa/cms/page/pid.14.17.90.132/agid.1180/ecm.ag/Kirmes-N.html

Patrick

post-290-13569930302291_thumb.jpg

post-290-13569930302997_thumb.jpg

Patrick,

Excellent! what are you using for the controller for this led display?! was great with the music, almost looked like it was choreographed to it!

ive been looking at some of the led lighting controllers doing RGB on multi color leds to see what could be done with them.

cheers

jeff

hey jeff,

i have the LEDCONTROL from Kirmesmodellbeleuchtung.de

http://www.kirmesmodellbeleuchtung.de/html/ledcontrolbeschreibung.html (its german).

The Controler have 7 outputs and 7 Programs:

1 - RUNNING LIGHT after right

2 - Running Light after left

3 - succession shine on all outputs

4 - 2 outputs to flash changing

5 - strobe

6 - Running Lights right and left

7 - 2 outputs Running lights.

0 - all functions in sequence

The Controller in RGB Leds is for the color switch :)

I wait of the lighting modules for the Tip Spin gondola

Patrick

Hey Guys,

I have made the "geisterbahn" - Ghost-Ride, up and running without problems. Next i will made the lettering with LEDs equipped :)

Patrick :D

Hey Guys,

a little Update from Freefall Tower ;)

The LED Stripe made by Mayerhofer, it was crazy to made into the tower :D

Patrick

shiniji,

completely awesome sauce! that is really fantastic. im so jelious of HO scale for being able to do lighting like this. ive been looking for some circuits and ways to try to do more fancy lighting like this on n scale, but its really hard to do in the tiny spaces and hide the smdleds and wires. possible, but very much harder! my first attempt is going to be a merry go round with some lighting around the outside for a short chase effect and some changing mood lighting inside the ride.

cheers

jeff