Nankai 50000

Guest Bernard

How often and how many train sets are there? I'm just wondering if it is worth stalking this guy without losing half a day.

Departures every half hour 7am-9pm from the Nanba terminal, so plenty of chances.

Though I have never actually shot from the platform ends there, if its anything like Hankyu Umeda, it's not the best place- the spread out nature of the terminal tracks and possible obstructions restricts your angles.  You're better off going to a nearby station downline, such as Imamiyaebisu or Haginochaya, which have only one local line platform and allow unrestricted views and more possible angles of the express/mainline tracks where the rapi't trains run.

Imamiyaebisu:

Haginochaya:

Thanks, Bill, bikkuri bahn. Looks I can work work with it, or at least make it work, it's not something I'd really want to work with. I might try for the fun of it, but definitely will try moving down the line for better opportunities to shoot from.

Mudkip Orange

Nankai trains at Tengachaya. Nearly EVERYTHING Nankai operates shows up at some point in this video, including the Rapi:t

I shot at Imamiyaebisu, and the sight lines were ok. It's a bit tough as the light is bad at this location. the sun light likes to come across high from the right shooting north. I was only able to spend about 90 minutes there with bad light. Only damn day I had sun and it was in a bad spot for me.

Hi everyone, just wondering what train this is? what line(s) it runs or ran on? and does anyone make a model of it? This is the weirdest/coolest thing I have ever seen.

post-522-13569927263061_thumb.jpg

Though I have never actually shot from the platform ends there, if its anything like Hankyu Umeda, it's not the best place- the spread out nature of the terminal tracks and possible obstructions restricts your angles.  You're better off going to a nearby station downline, such as Imamiyaebisu or Haginochaya, which have only one local line platform and allow unrestricted views and more possible angles of the express/mainline tracks where the rapi't trains run.

Imamiyaebisu:

I never did update to note I went and shot at Imamiyaebisu. It worked pretty good and there were a few races where I got three tracks with trains.

Hi everyone, just wondering what train this is? what line(s) it runs or ran on? and does anyone make a model of it? This is the weirdest/coolest thing I have ever seen.

Yeah, this train seems to elicit two reactions: Love or hate!  :cheesy  

I'm in the former camp.... :grin   I believe MicroAce was going to reissue their model of this, the only listing I could find was for the older one.  

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10037236

CaptOblivious

Yeah, this train seems to elicit two reactions: Love or hate!  :cheesy  

I'm in the former camp.... :grin   I believe MicroAce was going to reissue their model of this, the only listing I could find was for the older one.  

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10037236

Correction: They did reissue it. And it sold out damned quick. I was lucky enough to have a chance to play with one belonging to nik_n_dad while I converted it to DCC: It's a good model, and damn good looking.

Can't wait to ride the real thing in October!

• Like 1

think jules verne 20000 leagues under the sea! its the Nautilus!

beautiful design, someone thinking out of the box totally there. curves are really well done and oval windows are really amazing.

cheers

jeff

Not me but somehow, the interiors of the Rapi:t reminds of the interior of some of JR Kyushu modern rolling-stock. I was prety impressed the day I set foot a Series 885 and in the Tsubame/Relay Tsubame.

the interiors are cool. never got to ride it, but did get to step on board for about 30 seconds at the airport station and take a very quick look before the cleaning crews wanted to shut the doors. really feels more like a fine yacht interior than a train!

jeff

Yeh and it's hard to get a shot of it too on the inside. they have a gate agent at the entrance to the platform, and you have to have a full fare ticket to get to it. One of the very few times where I couldn't get to a train just to get n interior pic of it even with a press badge, and request written in Japanese. (Though I'm sure a cooperation request signed by JR West would not have go too far with Nankai)

Yeh and it's hard to get a shot of it too on the inside. they have a gate agent at the entrance to the platform, and you have to have a full fare ticket to get to it. One of the very few times where I couldn't get to a train just to get n interior pic of it even with a press badge, and request written in Japanese. (Though I'm sure a cooperation request signed by JR West would not have go too far with Nankai)

I'd think they would be more cooperative about what is basically good publicity.  They might want foreigners to use this train to the... international airport.