When I love following a thread, but have nothing truly constructive to say...

qwertyaardvark

qwertyaardvark

I'm not sure how flexible the forum software is, but I was wondering if there is a possibility of putting a "I Like" function into posts, something along the lines of the Facebook "Like" function, for those times when I want show support for a personal project but don't have anything constructive to say aside from a few words of amazement/approval (Nice, Looking good, Keep up the good work, etc)? ^^;;

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

We could check if there's an add-on for that, it seems quite likely. If not, we'd have to code our own add-on, which will be tricky since none of us really knows much about the forum code and its API ;)

There is. Its called thank-o-rama, and I've got a copy I'm going to install tomorrow!

I know you are busy busy, but did you had time to look this up? :)

Yes! Thanks Don. I also note that postcounts were disabled in the process. This looks like a new dawn for the forum. :)

• Like 1

I personally like and welcome this new feature on the forum. May I ask something to the Admins and Moderators if they don't mind. Why do most users now only have one star beneath their username? Is there a particular reason for this?

Thanks

I also note that postcounts were disabled in the process. This looks like a new dawn for the forum. :)

Smart move.  :lipssealed:

CaptOblivious

I personally like and welcome this new feature on the forum. May I ask something to the Admins and Moderators if they don't mind. Why do most users now only have one star beneath their username? Is there a particular reason for this?

Thanks

Oops, it's because they should have none! I disabled post counting and post-count-based titles and stars. Or tried to. Thanks for the heads-up.

I like post count disabled. It feels a little less cluttered. Are Likes per thread or is it counted over the entire forum for all posts?

• Like 1
CaptOblivious

The like count for each member on the left is the total number of likes received across all posts—the number increments every time someone hits the red star on one of your posts.

Mudkip Orange

Oops, it's because they should have none! I disabled post counting and post-count-based titles and stars. Or tried to. Thanks for the heads-up.

From my view I still see stars, just on moderators/admins/"tetsudo staff"