Station Module

SONIC883_de

Hi,

after Scott shows his plans for his Station Module I would like to show the beginnings of my Station Modul.

IMG_2531.JPG

Size: 1200x400

Things to do:

- More lengh for the Station with 2x Tomix 4032

- Weathering of the Station

- Add signals (?) I have a five color signal. Could I use it for station? I dont know much about signals.

- Paint the box black. Add a red stripe (for JR Kyushu) and the Station name in Kanji and romaji (not named yet)

- Light up the whole station.

- Spend Interieur

- Replace thick paper signs with selfpainted plus decals

- Overhead wire in station area

After that I will have a look for the whole stuff around the station.

- Kai

Looks like a good start.  I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses.

As for station signals, typical practice (assuming I can trust Wikipedia) has a "home signal" on entrance to the station.  This seems to usually be a two or three-color signal.

Then there is a "starting signal" at the station exit, which may be a simple two-color signal, but it may also be a more complex signal (I've seen four-color signals, and there's no reason it couldn't be a five-color signal that I can think of). This is often (maybe always) a block signal for the next block beyond the station, so it needs intermediate colors to show speed restrictions due to trains ahead on the line.

The "home signal" could be located far enough before the station that you wouldn't need to model it on this modules, while the starting signal is usually very close to the end of the platform (I think the placement in your photo looks good).

I have some examples of signals on my site.

@KenS: Thank you for the Links. Hmm... I should buy me some two oder three colored signals and use my other signal on the long line.

@Scott: The Modul is a mixture of many standards. The profile is FREMO N90 flat (400mm x 100 mm) so there is more space for additional things, the lengh (1200mm) is calculated for 4xS280 and 2xV70 to connect the modules together.

The tracks lieing in the middle of the front half. So there is enogh space up to 4 tracks.

Only the box 'connection' is FREMO. The tracks at FREMO are at the middle of the module.

Here you can find all profiles

http://www.alkers.de/di/fremo/nre-norm/modul/modul_kasten.htm

EDIT: Parts I will use

Lights for station

http://www.ledtex.de/ledflexband10cm352812vtopviewwarmweiss-p-614.html (must have a look to get them darker)

http://www.viessmann-modell.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p418_N-Bahnsteigleuchte-Hoehe--36-mm.html

The tracks lieing in the middle of the front half. So there is enogh space up to 4 tracks.

Will you put 2 more tracks into this modul?

What is your plan with the lot of space on the modul? There will be a metropolis, or a smaller town?

Some other of IG nippoN would maybe build some modules, too. There are ideas with a 4 track urban line and to add viaduct track in the miiddle.

We haven't agree to a standard yet. But when nobody starts we will never get modules.

At the free space will grow up a small town, a little bit more modern. I am looking for prototypical photos. My most favour Kyushu Railway Photo site is gone :-/

There was many pictures with smaller townhouses and many green like parks around a station.