My first Japanese Projects.

keiman

As I have two interests T gauge and N gauge,

I will start with the T Gauge ( am on the T gauge forum as UKTTrain)

have 2x 120mm ovals and one 132mmoval, 6 sets of 103 trains (sets 1,2,3 2 off,4,and 9, several sets of the housing packs, sundry extra packs of track including 2 level crossings and the gradient set. Not done alot with this as waiting for points. ???

N Gauge-  am working on the traditional japanese style - Kato unitrack and put it away when the wife wants the living room back. :sad:

Have the EF65 Kato starter set but have quickly expanded the track capabilities.

Now have sets  2 x V1, V4, V5, V7, V8,

Have also got extra rolling stock, Kato 6 car set 221, Micro ace set A0718-2 car parcels set, Kato DE10, Tomix DF50, 5x Tomix Wamu 8000 in brown, 2x Tomix KOMU1 (2178 and 2179) Tomix CHI1 with pipe load, Kawai snowplows(KP139B) , 5 short black Kato wagons and the combined boxcar/guards van, 2 tomytec railcars with motors 12m and  18m,

Tomytec motorised Articulated Tram and the Red Modemo NT77  tram.

I know not Japanese prototype but also have the Lenke rail Tamper and 3 accessorey flat cars that go with it.

Gradually  sorting out my tomix track for a tram layout as well, currently 2 x  103mm ovals, 2 x140 siding sets- 1electric points and 1 manual points- awaiting more track at present.

Collection of japanese (mainly Tomytec and Greenmax )buildings and Pro hobby accessories/people.

qwertyaardvark

I don't think I'll ever really understand how small Z gauge is till I hold one in my hand... ^^;; but the possibilities of a layout in such a small space! Layout looks great!

Pictures of my N gauge passenger stock .

SDC10011.jpg

Trams and Bandai are on Tomix Track

CopyofSDC10018.jpg

Microace Parcels set behind the Modemo Tram

SDC10007.jpg

SDC10010.jpg

CopyofSDC10020.jpg

Would love to have room for a permanent layout but the station real estate for this lot would be quite large and then there are the Freight and MOW stuff as well.

The tram tracks only just fit on the dining room table and they are inside all the Kato track when set up on the floor

qwertyaardvark

a second vote for "Blue Trains are Always Cool" party~

Pretty nice roster you got going ^_^ I can't quite tell, but is the joyca train a B-shorty or a high-platform tram? ^^;;

a second vote for "Blue Trains are Always Cool" party~

Pretty nice roster you got going ^_^ I can't quite tell, but is the joyca train a B-shorty or a high-platform tram? ^^;;

B-shorty (label on box says type 1000) have a second identical set which will just have the Kato trucks fitted.

The B-train is a Shizuoka RR 1000 Series. The whole line is double tracked, which is not very common for a small private company in Japan.

Nice roster you have there! I like your taste in small railcars! :)

Will post some more pics at the weekend, have also now got a full 4 car set of the Bandai shorty 113 cars in Blue and cream livery on Kato running gear.

I am a sucker for buildings and have amassed a reasonable town, complete with vehicles and am starting to populate some of the buildings with people.

Will be building one diorama that links in the main Kato track and the Tomix Track with a MOW depot. Both networks independent but sharing some of the facilities,waiting for the weekend when I can get the fishplates to join my Peco flex track(needed for the greenmax engine shed) to the Kato adaptor track.

Some of the buildings are just visible in one of the pictures already posted.

Krackel Hopper

I am a sucker for buildings and have amassed a reasonable town, complete with vehicles and am starting to populate some of the buildings with people.

I know what you mean.  While I am far from "good" at assembling buildings, I think that is one of the more enjoyable parts of this hobby.  I suppose the more I build, the better I get.  That's the way it's supposed to work anyway.. ha!

Post some building pictures!

You have a great collection of buildings there. I can't wait to see the layout take shape

Graham

Between the buildings and the trains you have an amazing collection of material to use for a layout. You mentioned earlier that youre "working on the traditional japanese style - Kato unitrack and put it away when the wife wants the living room back". Can you say more? Is there a theme or design, or are you just setting up track as the mood strikes (either is a valid approach; I'm just curious)?  Do you aim to evoke a specific era or place?

And if you do set something temporary up, post some photos.  I think many of us started with temporary layouts, and they can be a lot of fun. Seeing how people do it provides inspiration for other people who are thinking about it (I know it did for me).

Between the buildings and the trains you have an amazing collection of material to use for a layout. You mentioned earlier that youre "working on the traditional japanese style - Kato unitrack and put it away when the wife wants the living room back". Can you say more? Is there a theme or design, or are you just setting up track as the mood strikes (either is a valid approach; I'm just curious)?  Do you aim to evoke a specific era or place?

And if you do set something temporary up, post some photos.  I think many of us started with temporary layouts, and they can be a lot of fun. Seeing how people do it provides inspiration for other people who are thinking about it (I know it did for me).

As the mood takes me but have a basic track with the Kato - Inner and outer oval connected by the Kato Double crossover,passing loops can be added.

Tomix tracks are for what was going to be a full Tram way using the Tomix tramway accessories but have since decided I don't currently want the hassle.Have a definate plan for the tram/light railway track.

Location is generic but with some european structures as well (just because I like them).

Pictures of the Tomix track section, this will be a permanent track plan and will fit inside the Kato Track. Might even go on a thin board - Just track permanently fixed.

SDC10033.jpg

SDC10034.jpg

SDC10035.jpg

SDC10036.jpg

Waiting on some more points, the two tracks not attached will be part of the MOW yard.  There will also be another siding in the loop with the long straight.

• Like 2

Not planning on DCC at present- still got some decoders somewhere used DCC on my American Z layout. (decoders fitted to Microtrains F7 units and also a Marklin Pacific).

Cannot find the controller at the moment. Might be in a box in my Mum's Loft.

Pics of Buildings, track and trains.No ground detail, trees or vehicles on layout. Just need to get a board to mount this lot on.

SDC10052.jpg

SDC10053.jpg

SDC10054.jpg

SDC10055.jpg

SDC10056.jpg

SDC10057.jpg

SDC10058.jpg

• Like 5