Draft Design for Station Module

scott

I've been doodling in Railmodeller to come up with a T-Trak-ish module that I could make mostly with pieces I already have. It's a quadruple-width T-Trak board, so not exactly the ideal of a small, high-quality diorama, but it's a good size for the space we have available. The idea was to have a double-tracked regional/local line meeting a the end of one branch of a single-tracked local or scenic line. The second picture shows how I could fit in a siding for the single-track line.

Red - platform elevators

Orange - shops/houses (don't have these yet)

Green - Hills / wooded areas / vegetation

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

post-151-13569924053751_thumb.png

post-151-13569924053938_thumb.png

Looks good.

One thing you might consider: move the station to where the bike shed is (have the road/parking wrap around it), and put in a grade crossing at the left side. It seems like almost every picture I see of a semi-rural or rural station has a grade crossing adjacent to it, so it can serve people from both sides of the tracks.

If it's a regional/local line, I'm not sure the platform will be equiped with elevators. From what I've seen, people still cross the tracks by foot.

Probably true, but I tend to add the fiction of handicapped accessibility even where it might not be "realistic." Things like that would bug me otherwise.

[edit] Oh--and this also lets me run fast limited expresses through the station without worrying about the safety of the little plastic people.  :grin