Kato-Lemke 2010 high speed train sets line up

to2leo

Hot off the press from Nurnberg Toy Fair 2010!

After the TGVs, it looks like Kato will partner with Lemke to bring out 3 additional high speed train sets thru Hobbytrain.

Pictures from 1zu160 website.

H25106 IC2000 Set I, 3-tlg., SBB, E-Lok Re460 in neuer Lackierung, Wagen TypA Gepäckwagen

H25107 IC2000 Set II, 3-tlg., SBB Steuerwagen + Bistro + 2.Klasse

H25201 ÖBB Railjet 4-tlg., Spirit of Vienna inkl. Taurus, Ep5/6

H25200 ÖBB Railjet 4-tlg., Spirit of Vienna, Ep5/6

H60300 AVE102 14-tlg. Talgo 350

H60301 AVE102 14-tlg. Talgo 350 Renfe Operadora

Thanks for letting me know IST, I hope this is what you mean.

post-60-13569923999259_thumb.jpg

post-60-13569923999547_thumb.jpg

post-60-13569923999718_thumb.jpg

post-60-13569923999847_thumb.jpg

post-60-13569924000011_thumb.jpg

to2leo!

You cannot link pictures from the 1zu160.net home page, we experienced this in other topics. I think only registered users can seen those pics, so if you do not mind, could you please upload here?

(Lot of people here in Hungary are waiting for the Railjet sets, as those are running between Budapest and Vienna also, so can be use in a modern Hungarian themed layout.)

Not everything but I found the poster on Lemke website.

And this: http://www.1zu160.net/neues/neuheiten2010.php

Interesting, the pdf from Lemke is different from those of news from 1zu160 released Feb 7.  I wonder if Kato-Lemke decides to add more in their release.  I hope this mismatch does not mean some models will be delayed for 2 years...like the TGV Duplex and the year wait for the New Thalys.

I hope this is the right time

this train has been announced over 3 years ago from SOLDAT S.L. the Kato distributor from Spain, I have (maybe now erased) a backorder in spanish store Trenelectrico in Madrid.

Maybe this time I buy one Railjet spirit of "something", it's really beautifull

ciao

Massimo

oops.. I talk about Pato..

Thanks for letting me know IST, I hope this is what you mean.

Yes, perfect.  :grin

It is very strange that Railjet will be released in two sets. I would think that in the first set should contain the loco, two carriages plus the driving trailer and the second set will be carriages add-on. On the pictures there are two half sets, so you have to buy both set to make a real train. This is totally against the normal Eurostar, Thalys, Shinkansen sets of Kato. I do not know why...

And there will be no Hungarian Nohab from Kato.  :sad: Minitrix has just released again its about 20 years construction in MÃV (Hungarian State Railway) livery, but it has wrong nose, wrong roof, wrong bogies if I remember well.

It is very strange that Railjet will be released in two sets. I would think that in the first set should contain the loco, two carriages plus the driving trailer and the second set will be carriages add-on. On the pictures there are two half sets, so you have to buy both set to make a real train. This is totally against the normal Eurostar, Thalys, Shinkansen sets of Kato. I do not know why...

I find it strange too. Maybe they are trying to appeal to more modelers by lowering prices. Kato's TGV sets, released in one set (except for the Eurostar), are quite pricey and maybe they are now trying to apply the general Kato's policy about long trains. And to split the loc and the driving trailer in two set make it more likely that people will actually buy the two sets. Little commercial devils.

The Stadtbahn M Types appeal to me in the poster. Could this maybe be a step toward releasing Stadtbahn B Types in the future? That would be pretty awesome.

So tell me leo, are you going to buy the "Pato"?

What is a 'Pato'?  :laugh:

As for my wishlist...

For me, I will first see how much the shells for the New Thalys front and back end plus first two passenger cars cost.  I don't want to get a brand new set since there is/are no difference(s) aside from the first two cars or the last two cars of the trainset.

I am also eyeing the IC2000 set, I am so glad that I hold off from the first release since Kato didn't provide an updated engine or a more affordable set.  

As for IST's question, I think Kato-Lemke is trying to copy Tomix's style of pricing.

Positive points for consumers:

-ppl don't have to buy the full set

-lower pricing since it is not a complete set

-able to attract new consumers due to 'lower' price.

Negative points for consumers but Positive points for Kato-Lemke:

-higher total price especially for those who want a full set

-insufficient add-on set quantity (think of Eurostar 4 cars add-on set K10328)

-more people have to get the full set since the driving carriage is in set B

-add-on set is not really add-on because one has to buy individual cars to complete the true configuration of the set.

"Pato" means "duck" in spanish... it's the nickname given to RENFE's AVE102 because of its ugly nose.

I am not sure about Pato <-very cute name btw, but I got the Arnold AVE Velaro already...talk about coupling issues!!!!  It is now sitting in Hornby USA in Seattle for 4 months now...awaiting for solution to couple and uncouple properly without breaking anything.

I wonder if the Kato/Lemke TGV Thalys in the new livery will be the Thalys PBA? I am hoping so as I really want the second-gen TGV's to come out in N gauge.

I wonder if the Kato/Lemke TGV Thalys in the new livery will be the Thalys PBA? I am hoping so as I really want the second-gen TGV's to come out in N gauge.

No, is another one PBKA (is the old set with new livery)

if you want download....

http://www.eyro.ch/downloads/news10/kato_hobbytrain_2010.pdf

Maybe in the future (so we can buy PBA, Reseau, Atlantique, RD600...it's a dream  :grin  and finally La poste and IRIS320???)

ciao

Massimo

Wow, I've never seen that "Pato" / H60300 AVE102  before!  That is one wicked looking train!  Like an angry 700?  :grin

Love all the new stuff coming from Kato/Lemke....seems sort of aggressive.  Great time to be into N Gauge!

Wow, I've never seen that "Pato" / H60300 AVE102  before!  That is one wicked looking train!  Like an angry 700?  :grin

Or a very strange looking and tuned TGV. I think the designer forgot to put some neons under that nose.

Isn't that the same train as the "Lufthansa Airport Express", the DB Baureihe 403.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_403

It was produced in this livery, you might be able to find it on ebay. I saw some in hobby shops here, in Berlin.

- http://cgi.ebay.de/Lima-N-Lufthansa-Airport-Express-TOP_W0QQitemZ160402987396QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Modellbau_Modelleisenbahnen?hash=item2558c35984#ht_500wt_1182

- http://cgi.ebay.de/Lima-123902G-Lufthansa-Airport-Express-4-teilig_W0QQitemZ350313670975QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Modellbau_Modelleisenbahnen?hash=item519052693f#ht_8789wt_1165

- http://cgi.ebay.de/Lufthansa-Airport-Express-Spur-N_W0QQitemZ290399837914QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Modellbau_Modelleisenbahnen?hash=item439d2ddeda#ht_500wt_1182

Yup. I am quite aware of the Lima release, but these models are very old and are still quite expensive, especially in the white/gray livery (the yellow ones tend to be cheaper). Plus, Lima aren't known for great performance either hehe. I've been casually looking for a good example, but then I saw that Kato page on TEE and figured I should wait till they release it. Assuming that the page is actually true...

Someone get me some info on those trams!!

I have one of the Intercity-colored Lima models--the 403 is one of my favorite European trains. I think I like it *because* it's so odd-looking. :-)

There's been another up on eBay for quite a while, but I wasn't going to pay $130 for it. Especially since (as Clem said), it's not exactly a Kato mechanism in there.

I don't know what's going on with the Kato release--that page has been up for a long time, maybe since 2008, but where's the model?

I have one of the Intercity-colored Lima models--the 403 is one of my favorite European trains. I think I like it *because* it's so odd-looking. :-)

There's been another up on eBay for quite a while, but I wasn't going to pay $130 for it. Especially since (as Clem said), it's not exactly a Kato mechanism in there.

I don't know what's going on with the Kato release--that page has been up for a long time, maybe since 2008, but where's the model?

I think it feels like the remake of Kato TGV Eurostar, they keep on saying that it would become available.  I would say either it is something to do with the design or the demand for such a model.

Okay, the prices are out. 

Hope your wallet is ready for a diet plan!

Estimated street prices are without VAT

http://www.modellbahn-kramm.com/index.cfm?sprache=E

H25106 IC2000 Set I, 3-tlg., SBB, E-Lok Re460 in neuer Lackierung, Wagen TypA Gepäckwagen

175.59 EURO

H25107 IC2000 Set II, 3-tlg., SBB Steuerwagen + Bistro + 2.Klasse

93.80 EURO

Set offers: 260.50 EURO

----------------------------------------------

H25201 ÖBB Railjet 4-tlg., Spirit of Vienna inkl. Taurus, Ep5/6

165.65 EURO

H25200 ÖBB Railjet 4-tlg., Spirit of Vienna, Ep5/6

141.70 EURO

Set offers: 294.11 EURO

YOWZA!!! So what makes European trains to expensive? High licensing fees? Or the fact that Euro trains are just expensive to begin with, so they feel they must charge more just for the sake of charging more, even though these trains don't represent any kind of technological advancements etc. over Japanese trains...