Field trip To Kato Factory , possible ??????

domino

I would love to go and see the kato factory in japan, but is it even possible , has any one tried to contact kato and ask if the are interrested in a visit from some Japanese Model train enthusiasts from around the world ????

domino

Brian

Hi Domino,

When I was in Tokyo and Osaka, I was only able to go to the Kato Hobby Centre to visit the HQ.

http://www.katomodels.com/shop/hctokyo_e.shtml

I think the factory is closed to the public unless you are some VIPs.

However, there are videos in the hobby centre where you can watch how Kato model trains are created.

The customer service was nice enough to show me the inside of Unitram before the actual release date with the agreement that I am not going to take pictures.

I hope that helps.

Where exactly is the KATO Hobby Center in Osaka? And where are any of the actual model train shops in Osaka? And by that I mean model train not Gundam Hobby. (We all know the word hobby in Japan directly translates to Gundam  :laugh: )

Where exactly is the KATO Hobby Center in Osaka? And where are any of the actual model train shops in Osaka? And by that I mean model train not Gundam Hobby. (We all know the word hobby in Japan directly translates to Gundam  :laugh: )

That may or may not be true. I am a avid Gundam modeler, but I also do Tanks, Cars and Bikes. But Gundam models are usually pushed towards younger modelers like 10-18 that don't want to use a airbrush or paint the model. Tamiya, another large producer of models, is pushed towards older persons because they require painting and cleaning of parts. Bandai, (People who make Gundam models) have a technology in their molds which allows hem to put multiple colors on one tree of parts.

And by that I mean model train not Gundam Hobby. (We all know the word hobby in Japan directly translates to Gundam  :laugh: )

I thought it translated to "those funny dolls Hobby Search puts on their default home page".  :grin

I must have gone to ten "Hobby" shops in Tokyo that only sold Gundam kits, and nothing else. Every single on of the shops had the name hobby in them, or were listed as hobby shops.