The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Hi Matt, welcome to the forums! You only live about 15 min. from my home station and you have great access to some very interesting lines with a colourful history nearby as well. :D

Hi from Newcastle Australia.

Joining because I have become interested in Japanese Shinkansen trains

I have 3 layouts, a big British OO based mainly on LNER, but have several UK HST's I like to run

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/Gradsden_Central/

Second layout is an N-scale Swiss layout designed as a transportable exhibition layout. Rolling stock is Kato Glacier, and Bernina Express + other options. http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/Brusio-Bernina/Brusio.htm

Third layout, I have just started is a 10.7m long N-Scale dog-bone shape designed specifically for Japanese Shinkansen.

I will try to get some pictures of this, but the trains go too fast :-)

I hope I can contribute to this forum a bit.   Cheers

Welcome Andy!

Glad you found us and Japanese trains. It really is a nasty bug you catch and get sucked into! You will find the variety of very different Japanese trains available makes it a very nasty disease!

Nice layouts! The 10m dogbone will be especially great to run shinkansens, they like nice long straight runs! With that length you can also do cross sections of all the different scenery that the shinkansens cut thru in real life.

Keep us posted and start a thread on the layout in the personal project forum!

Jeff

Allegheny1600

Hello everyone,

My name is John Edge from near Warrington, England!

I am 50 y.o. married with three cats and I am a lifelong railway enthusiast.

I've never been to Japan but I have seen Japanese trains in action - in Spain!! (I suppose I could also go and see some working in SE England too, now!).

I've worked in various scales over the years but am now very firmly entrenched in H0 so IF I ever acquire any Japanese models, they will have to be H0 scale and yes! I'm aware these are not exactly 'cheap'. So! I shall have to sell some of my unwanted older models.

My username comes from when I modelled US outline in a big way, it's just what I use online.

I do have an American and a British* H0 scale layout and am slowly building a Prussian (early German) one too, again IF I get anything by Kato, Tomix et al, it will have to run alongside my existing trains - an interesting prospect!

Now, I shall go and attempt to learn what I can of this fascinating place.

Cheers,

John.

*Yes! British H0 not 00!

• Like 1

John,

Welcome! Wow you are very international in your modeling. Maybe hanging out here some will create the need for a Japanese layout as well! Careful Japanese trains are infectious!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

Hello all,

I'm Carolyn from Newark, NJ

My current collection consists of 1 B-train set (4 cars) and I'm currently planning a small layout (2x4) to run it on.

I have a small bit of experience with american HO model trains but never had a proper layout.

good to meet you all!

Hi from Newcastle Australia.

Joining because I have become interested in Japanese Shinkansen trains

I have 3 layouts, a big British OO based mainly on LNER, but have several UK HST's I like to run

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/Gradsden_Central/

Second layout is an N-scale Swiss layout designed as a transportable exhibition layout. Rolling stock is Kato Glacier, and Bernina Express + other options. http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/Brusio-Bernina/Brusio.htm

Third layout, I have just started is a 10.7m long N-Scale dog-bone shape designed specifically for Japanese Shinkansen.

I will try to get some pictures of this, but the trains go too fast :-)

I hope I can contribute to this forum a bit.   Cheers

Welcome Andy!  Was just checking out your train collection and especially the HST's and other passenger trains.  Oh man, with Japanese trains there are so many different shapes, colors, regions and periods to choose from.  Watch out, if you have weak impulse control like me - you're gonna have a new Japanese passenger train arriving at your door step on a weekly basis.  :)

Hello Guys,

my name is Ulli, 29 years old and live near Wuerzburg (Germany). Since 2008 im looking for a little japanese layout but 2017 is the year of building the 2x1m modelrailway-layout.

I collect a few trains of JR-Hokkaido, like DF200 and KiHa 261, and i hope it will be more :-) In the past i was  a TT-gauge-railroader (1:120) with german trains of DB AG, but the quality and variety was not enought. N-gauge is better for a little Layout :-)

I hope my english is not bad :-/, in my homeland Greifswald english isn´t often.

Ulli

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 3