The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

chriswilliams115

Hello.

Found this forum after searching for unitrack stuff and decided to join up. I'm Irish in NZ with Swiss rolling stock on Japanese track :icon_scratch:

have ventured into N from OO irish as I simply don't have the space or experience to build a proper OO layout yet, so decided to pick up a bit of swiss stuff (2nd Fav railway) in N and gain some experience while still having something to watch in the shorter term.

Welcome Chris, there's a couple of us from NZ on here too, I'm in Hamilton myself. You'll find the forum really good for just about everything on Japanese trains

Welcome Chris. I'm in Tauranga. Very helpful bunch on here with wide range of knowledge. Watch out as Japanese Trains can become highly addictive! John

Hi everyone!

I'm Suica from Berlin. Fabian basically brought me here.

I started collecting Japanese model trains back in September last year. I've been collecting German H0 gauge models for many years, but ever since I moved out of my parents' house, I simply didn't have the space to continue. So after two trips to Japan, and the chance to get a KATO Shinkansen E2 set for really cheap things started to develop into what's now my main hobby. My initial plan was to collect models of trains that I rode in Japan. So far that didn't work out quite as planned. I just can't resist a good deal...

• Like 1

Welcome Suica!

Glad fabian got you over here, its the place to feed the japanese train habit (maybe you will eventually curse him for it!). traveling to japan will also feed the hobby, thats great!

We have a club member here that has tried to hold him self to the same only collect trains he has run on! Lots of euro, japanese and the usual amtrak so his big layout goes from Kyoto to philly to zurich.

jeff

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Lots of euro, japanese and the usual amtrak so his big layout goes from Kyoto to philly to zurich.

jeff

That's actually... pretty cool! :grin

@Sascha: Allow me to ask. Child of a G.I., or did you immigrate to the States?

Hi Suica

Welcome, Pasmo user too, but ex-BVG Jahresabo A/B as I lived in Berlin for about 15 years (some of that time directly opposite Bhf Warschauer Str., excellent view :D ), which also means I don't only collect Japanese trains.

S bahn

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 1

@railsquid I only had the Schüler Abo A/B. But you made me a little jealous there. Those Rivarossi N gauge S-Bahn models are quite hard to come by. 

SuRoNeFu 25-501

Welcome to the forum, Suica (^^);

Edited by SuRoNeFu 25-501
  • Like 1

Hi Suica,

Welcome and thanks for the nice chat yesterday, also with some other members..  really nice.. Japanese trains is really full of temptation, you could end up with big piles of bookcases later.. LoL

BTW, why the name is Suica? :)

@railsquid I only had the Schüler Abo A/B. But you made me a little jealous there. Those Rivarossi N gauge S-Bahn models are quite hard to come by. 

Put it this way - it's surprising what you can find on Yahoo Auctions in Japan :D

BTW, why the name is Suica? :)

There's not much to it. Named after the IC card. Because it was one of my most important companions in Japan.

@railsquid: For crazy amounts of money, I presume. :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Suica
Claude_Dreyfus

Ooh, that is a very nice S-bahn set there Squiddy. I am on a thus-far fruitless hunt for an H0 equivalent for our club's 'Friedrichstrasse' layout.