The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Sean - Welcome to the forum......Look forward to seeing photos of your layout.....better yet, why not start a new thread on your layout.....it's fun watching them develop.

Greetings, all!  After seeing this website in the past, I finally got around to joining it today.   :)

Edited by JR_Fan

JR Fan - Welcome to the forum and to a new start.....Are you planning on building a layout?

Hello, and thank-you. 

Edited by JR_Fan

Welcome JR fan. We're all JR fans really, well except for Toni who's into Kanto area private railways with some specific carbody length. Strange guy. :grin

• Like 1

Hi JR_Fan, welcome to the forums!

Welcome JR fan. We're all JR fans really, well except for Toni who's into Kanto area private railways with some specific carbody length. Strange guy. :grin

Damn straight! 18m trains @ 1,435mm gauge 4 lyfe!

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Welcome JR fan. We're all JR fans really, well except for Toni who's into Kanto area private railways with some specific carbody length. Strange guy.

Thanks for the welcome.  

Welcome JR Fan!

Thanks for sharing your story and background with us. It's sad, but happy to know the depression issue is now gone and you can finally go back into the Greatest Hobby in the world!

We share a common liking for the 500 series, it's like a train no one has ever seen before. I've yet to be on one, but will be planning to do so next year. By the way, have you been to Japan? You have to go there to further appreciate the beauty of these trains by riding them and enjoying the breath-taking scenery!

Great to find you 'back on track' and nice to have you here on the forum!  :)

• Like 1

Welcome JR Fan!

Thanks for sharing your story and background with us. It's sad, but happy to know the depression issue is now gone and you can finally go back into the Greatest Hobby in the world!

We share a common liking for the 500 series, it's like a train no one has ever seen before. I've yet to be on one, but will be planning to do so next year. By the way, have you been to Japan? You have to go there to further appreciate the beauty of these trains by riding them and enjoying the breath-taking scenery!

Great to find you 'back on track' and nice to have you here on the forum!  :)

Thanks for the welcome! 

Edited by JR_Fan

JR Fan,

Welcome! I hope you will find a nice environment here with lots of info and encouragement to get you back into the hobby again! Starting over Is not all that bad as you can use your previous experience to build on and do things faster/better this time around. It's also great therapy with a great source of achievement as you get into things and figure out problems, get stuff built, improve your skills, and play with your imagination. Really glad to hear things are getting back on track for you personally and your hobbying!

Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions or throw out spitball ideas.

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

JR Fan,

Welcome! I hope you will find a nice environment here with lots of info and encouragement to get you back into the hobby again! Starting over Is not all that bad as you can use your previous experience to build on and do things faster/better this time around. It's also great therapy with a great source of achievement as you get into things and figure out problems, get stuff built, improve your skills, and play with your imagination. Really glad to hear things are getting back on track for you personally and your hobbying!

Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions or throw out spitball ideas.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hello Jeff, and thank-you for the welcome.  

Edited by JR_Fan
HantuBlauLOL

Greetings from Indonesia.

My main interest is on N gauge EMUs, currently most of my rollingstocks are japanese models by tomix.

why i love EMUs? Because since i were a kid, i used to travel with commuter EMUs on my city. Many EMUs on my country were made in Japan, that's the main reason for me to collect Japanese models :D

I also tried to scratchbuild the body of some older non air conditionin EMUs on my country because none of them are available on the market, heheh

Nice to meet you all :D

Edited by HantuBlauLOL
HantuBlauLOL

Welcome! You don't have to scratchbuild, just rebuild Japanese models into Indonesian ones! :grin

Yup, but only applies to indonesian new air conditioned EMUs :c

here is some pics of indonesian old EMUs

nippon sharyo rheostatic series, mild steel body

Rheostatik+Ijo+-+Putih+perumka+1.jpg left: 6 doors variant, left: older 4 doors variant

Sure it looks like a JR103, but it only has 6 doors per car, even only has 4 doors on early version, also i dont want to remake my 103 model into this because the real 103 is also available in my country too :D

Nippon sharyo rheostatic series, stainless steel body

KRL+Rheostatik+downpradge+to+ekonomic+cl

This version comes with air conditioner and serves as express train that only stops at certain station, but its AC and doors was broken so its downgraded into economy class, just like its brother. The toei 6000 series replaced it as the executive class

• Like 2
WRP Founder

Hi my name is Ian, and I run the page Worldwide Railfan Project. I was hoping I could get some help with my project as well as learn some things I didn't know about Japanese railroads. Can you guys show me where to start?

Hello HantuBlauLOL, welcome to the forums. I think you can make a Nippon sharyo rheostatic series, stainless steel body train from a GreenMax Tōkyū 7000 type train kit. The body looks like an 18 meter one, plus it has those typical Tōkyū door-skirts. Actually, from what it looks like, most of the older Indonesian trains look like they have 18 meter bodies, instead of 20 meter bodies the imported 2nd hand trains now have.

---

Hello Ian and welcome. We can only help you where to start when we know what aspect of railways you like and we know what you know about Japanese trains. Japan has a huge diversity in railways, so it's easy to get confused. I'd suggest you take a look around in the forums here to find your desired space of interest.

Hi Ian,

I don't really get what goal you exactly want to reach and how you want to accomplish it. I read on the facebook page that you want to create an album of every railway in existence but do you mean every railway LINE or COMPANY or something else? Also I don't understand how you want to create the mentioned album and where it will be published/placed.

HantuBlauLOL

Hello HantuBlauLOL, welcome to the forums. I think you can make a Nippon sharyo rheostatic series, stainless steel body train from a GreenMax Tōkyū 7000 type train kit. The body looks like an 18 meter one, plus it has those typical Tōkyū door-skirts. Actually, from what it looks like, most of the older Indonesian trains look like they have 18 meter bodies, instead of 20 meter bodies the imported 2nd hand trains now have.

still needs some changes though.. Especially on its face and doors

Yes older indonesian emus does have a 18m body

Btw why greenmax kits are so cheap? (compared to 10k¥ ish tomix or kato 4 car trainsets) or they doesnt have a motor installed?

Btw why greenmax kits are so cheap? (compared to 10k¥ ish tomix or kato 4 car trainsets) or they doesnt have a motor installed?

They are cheap because they need at least paint, glueing, a motor, bogies and pantographs. In the end they are about the same price as a 2nd hand model.

Hi there,

I'm a Japan railfan and like to "curate" videos that Japanese trainspotters have posted on YouTube. Some of these are from modelers, but a lot of the videos I have found are of trains themselves.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum would be interested in this post I have written about trainspotting in China (lots of SL's), and if so, if there was a good thread where I could post it?

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/09/29/trainspotting-in-china-japan-youtube-user-railkingjp/

• Like 1