NozomiFan's Layout!

NozomiFan

Well This is it. I am starting a simple layout with a V11 oval, station, and of course a large bridge! I hope to have it done by summer 2010.

I will post in progress pages here along with a tutorial on how to light up a Kato station.

I might put some sort of landform, like a large hill, or mountain, like my Avatar. if you look closely, its some sort of hill around the track.

Watch This page!

qwertyaardvark

I too look forward to seeing progress on this layout~ ^_^

About how big of a layout are we looking at here? Running any full-length Shinkansen?  :grin

I too look forward to seeing progress on this layout~ ^_^

About how big of a layout are we looking at here? Running any full-length Shinkansen?  :grin

No, because I don't have them, and the V11 oval that I made is only big enough for a four car set and/or Super view Odoriko 6 car set

So I have only a couple 4 car Starter Shinkansen, The 500, and N700 with my Super View Odoriko

I am using a 80'' by 36" hollow core door, which is easy to lift in case I need to relocate my layout.

The lighting of a station is going to be up in a little, I just need to get to my LHS.

I am considering putting in a little mountain top temple with a little sand garden.

Mudkip Orange

An 80" HCD with R381/414 curves has enough room for four full (248mm) straights, a half (124mm) straight, and possibly another quarter (62mm) straight if you're comfortable running the tracks close to the edge. That's enough for an 8-car train (commuter, suburban, limited express) or a 7-car Shinkansen.

qwertyaardvark

Looks like a great start to what I expect to be a wonderful layout~ I am also in the early stages of my own layout and i know how exciting it is to actually start building *something* ^_^

NF - Nice start, I also like using foam board to cut rivers, streams, etc. Do you have a basic track plan, even if it's simple to show where you might put a river, etc.?

(I go hi-tech when I make my track plans, that's right, I use the latest in pencils and graph paper.... :laugh:)

Mudkip Orange

(I go hi-tech when I make my track plans, that's right, I use the latest in pencils and graph paper.... :laugh:)

I have AutoCAD, but I only use it to do detailed/final plans, to make sure everything fits right. All the conceptualization is straight up pencil and graph paper.