Takara Tomy Q-Train Choco

Guest ___

I totally want one of these, but so far on eBay, the only places selling them are the HK dealers, and I don't want to order from them. Despite that, I haven't seen anyone on here ever talk about them, so I thought it fun to post an a from YT of the Q-train.

Sooo if Tomy can do remote control why can't they apply this technology and replace DCC?

I think I saw them in Osaka hobby stores but was too concentrated on n scale stuff.

I often have problems searching for items that are for sale in other countries, even though I do a "Worldwide" search. Sometimes it helps looking  by logging in under that countries eBay site. Other times....I think it is completely random!!!!! 

:offtheair: :hal: :computer:

[glow=lime,200,3000000]underworld[/glow]

I often have problems searching for items that are for sale in other countries, even though I do a "Worldwide" search. Sometimes it helps looking  by logging in under that countries eBay site. Other times....I think it is completely random!!!!! 

:offtheair: :hal: :computer:

[glow=lime,200,3000000]underworld[/glow]

Yeah, but it should have shown up for Hit-Japan though. Mine's shipped and I'm tempting fate by using SAL. It may arrive by the time I relocate to Japan.

My Yamanote Line R/C mini strain came yesterday from Hit-Japan via SAL. The package was damaged, but on te inside of the packing, leading me to beleive Hit over-packed, as the exterior of the package was undamaged.

It was not until last night and this morning that I had time to finally get to play with it. I wanted to make a video but it's tough to shoot and use the RC at the same time. For the morning I decided to torment the cat with the new train; something that appeared at first as nothing more than something new to watch. Later after watching it she grew board and would ignore it even after ramming it in to her head, paws and tail several times. She actually knocked the train over two or three times without any effort.

The IR needs a very direct line of sight to work, and the controls are sticks; taking time to learn to get use to. Don't expect to do any precise monervering with the RC. Going forward the train does not struggle too much, but going backwards it seems on any surface the wheels just like to spin. The train struggles to get traction. The only thing I do not really like is the fact that two of the the cars are perm. attached, while the last one is not, so the trailing part of the train is constantly dropping off.

Anycase, it is cute, and I may try to run it on the model layout to see how it does as it is N-gauge.

Sounds interesting and I started to thinking about buying a Yamanote Line train.   :cheesy

If you could make some video about your train, especially on an N-gauge track, it would be great.

I might try to do that this weekend if we get snow. An interesting side note is that there is a lock switch on the remote that locks out the steering function so when it runs on n n-scale layout you can not turn the wheels with the remote. I suspect the wheels free-turn on the track, so the switch may disengage the servo motor.

sorry for the gravedig. 

I found one of these with a yamanote 103 series in the local online shop. Are these any good? 

Are they also good in layouts? Why did they stop making these? These seem awfully brilliant

These were just toys and like most had a flash for a short while and everyone moved onto the next toy. I have one somewhere, it was a cute little toy but only a short period of fun like most of the little rc toys like this as it’s not great control, more the novelty.

nothing for the layout really doubt you could gauge them properly and need flanges then. Very toy looking, and shorties are a better alternative for the layout.

if you what the remote control aspect on your trains there are tons rc toys you could tear apart for controls to try to battery operate things. I was contemplating this with the Fujimi monorail and got a little car for $5 to play with to see if rc and motor ans gearing might work for a roller drive.

jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Nothing for the layout really doubt you could gauge them properly and need flanges then. Very toy looking, and shorties are a better alternative for the layout.

They already are N gauge tho, as said in the video 🙂

Sorry my bad I forgot the ran on track as well! I was thinking of some of the other similar little floor rc trains. There was a chap doing some fun little layouts with them in japan and a little club of sorts.

I just ran mine on the table for fun. At one point I gave a passing idea of trying one of the car mechs in some of my wind up mini capsule plarail trains as they do run out of windup pretty fast! I may at some point here as some fo the little rc cars are dirt cheap on ebay. Would be fun to have a little remote throttle on them and some of the windup mechs start to get a bit punky at times.

jeff

Yes good for fun, but For me it was just a bit of fun here and there. I wouldn’t invest a lot in it. Btrains can do a lot of the more model train fun on a regular layout.

jeff

Hmm.  I actually have some of these I think.  Bought them when the kids were small.   I did not realize they are N-gauge and will run on track (assuming the ones I have are these ones).  I'll have to try them out, if I can find them.