Zurich Trams

bill937ca

Cool--thanks! They sure found the right vantage point...

I remember seeing those when we passed through Zurich SBB on our 1998 trip. We never rode those trams, but we went through the station when we arrived (on the way to Basel), on the way to Chur and riding the RhB into the Engadin, and again on our way back to the airport at the end.

We were in Basel quite a bit with Robyn's relatives, though, so we rode the BVB trams quite a bit. Man, I wish I had taken more and better pictures on that trip, and had the film scanned....

Ah, memories. While I was passing through Switzerland in 2008, after spending the night in Interlaken I was planning to head up the Jungfraujoch, but the weather wasn't co-operating so I headed for Zurich and spent an enjoyable afternoon riding the trams. I found this piece of track work while I was riding around, I don't think we'll see it in the Unitram range though.

post-218-1356992373029_thumb.jpg

Yeah, except that's a  BUS.

In Switzerland a trolleybus is legally a train. Reason is that they are track bound and the overhead power line is their track. So they do not have license plates. The can also be longer than street vehicles the longest double articulated units are 25 m long.

Mudkip Orange

Yeah and in California, hybrids can legally drive in the carpool lane.

Doesn't mean a single guy driving a Prius is a "carpool" though.

Trolleybus = BUS

I recently learned that the driverless 'trains' that shuttle you from terminal to terminal at Narita Airport are legally elevators, because they are pulled along by cables. ???