Plaza Japan... very classy

quinntopia

Like most of us, 90% of all my stuff is ordered over the internet, and I probably regularly order from 3 or 4 dealers specifically, with another 6 or so dealers for one-off needs that only they had in stock.  But I have to call out Plaza Japan....what a class act: They sent a Christmas card with a 700 Series on the front! How cool is that to get a Christmas card from an eBay-based, Japanese dealer?!  My wife even thought that was pretty darn cool!

We live in wonderful times!

i got one last year from them even though I was a prick over all the busted up and lost orders I had.

I got one last year too, but I haven't ordered as much this year.

Claude_Dreyfus

I got a series 100 with lots of little Father Christmii (is that the pural  ???) last year, and a very nice one of the Golden Pavilion at Kyoto this time. I think it is a great touch, but perhaps indicative of the sums of money I have parted with to him over the last few years... :grin

I didn't order from Plaza this month as I was buying add on sets (I did buy the basic sets from Plaza). My HS order was delayed by credit card processing but is out of customs now so there is a slim chance I could get it just before Christmas, but it will probably come on the first business day after. My ModelTrainStuff order, made on the 9th, still hasn't even shipped (the Christmas shipping notice went up on the 11th I think, but that was only stating that orders couldn't be guaranteed to arrive for the 25th). Kind of a waste for me to pay for 5-7 day express shipping when it takes a month for my order to be put in a box (they of course charged my card the day of the order).

perhaps indicative of the sums of money I have parted with to him over the last few years... :grin

Yeah, this is the first time I've been glad to hear that I *didn't* get a Christmas card from someone.  :grin

I have to agree. Plaza is a class act, I recieved my 185-200 this week and at the bottom of the box was a nice little Tomix desk calendar!  I was so pleased it things like this that make someone supplier of choice

graham

I was wondering how many others got them, even with pre-printed address labels sending them to all their customers would have been a big job.

Concept Model Trains

I got christmas cards from Plaza Japan last year and again this year.  Last year I only bought one train.  This year I bought quite a lot of stuff from them.  I like how they reward their customers, big and small.  Even though we pay a bit more to shop with Plaza, they provide a personal service.  I've had some problems with orders during the year but they have resolved my complaints and I have some confidence in dealing with them. 

alpineaustralia
I guess I am on PJ's naughty list  this year since I didn't get any.  This might also be the fact that I didn't buy anything from him this year.

You and me both. But I do agree it was nice recieving a shinkansen Xmas card last year.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ???

I have bought A LOT from Plaza japan trough the years as late as November 2009, but have NEVER received a x-mas card or anything like that from them, this will not change my shopping habbits, but it makes one wonder why some get one and some not ??

maybe they just dont want to send the x-mas cards all the way to Europe  :grin

Merry x-mas everbody.

Brian

maybe they just dont want to send the x-mas cards all the way to Europe  :grin

I got a Christmas greeting card from Plaza Japan in the last year and in this year I got a Tomytec table calendar. I am living in Hungary, so it seems they send cards and other little things to Europe also.  :grin

I am very pleased with their services, if I ask something I get answer every time, packaging is extremely good.

Jun has sent these out for at least the last 4-5 years. got one this year even though i only tend to order the odd stuff from him now. In his first days of his ebay store there were only a handful of folks ordering from him so was really a smart thing to do with the xmas card, very nice touch. I think he really tries, but i worry that his volume of sales has gotten pretty large now so dont know if he will keep this up. this reminds me there was something i wanted to order from him!

last year Hobby World sent me a tomytec calendar and im hoping another comes this year! that was really a treat!

happy new years

jeff