Name for my pet cat ??

domino

Hey Guy´s

My cat died last friday after 11 years, it had kidney faliure, a big chock for me and my wife.

We are now looking for a new cat , and cant find a great name for it , so i was wondering if you guy`s could help us find a great name for it, we would like a japanese name for a male cat.

Our last cat was named Samson.

Regards

Domino

Brian - Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. We have 3 cats right now, all rescues but have lost 4 in the past few years 2 to also kidney failure (Reggie @ 15, Mudpie 19.) Whatever name you choose make sure it is easy to say and that the cat will understand it is he/her you are yelling at. Our cat Jake learned his name the first day we named him. (we yelled his name a lot that day. :grin)

You can call it whatever it pleased you. I think Tokyo (and some other Jpanese city name like Sapporo) could be nice but you also resort to Neko (which means cat in japanese). My cat is actually call Petit Chat or simply Chat, which means cat in french. Not my doing but I really like this case of tautology. Anyway, I find him a new name every two days but that doesn't confused or bother him at all.  :grin He still answers too Chat or the tone of your voice.

Brian - Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat.

Yeah--sorry to hear that. It's very painful, even when you expect it.

Our three cats are Bruno (co-named for Schulz and Bozzetto), Svankmajer (or Svanki for short), and Sandy. I had to work very hard to ensure that Sandy, who clicks and squeaks rather than meowing, wasn't named "Mute Button."  :grin

You could steal my idea and get two identical-looking cats and name them Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. If we ever get another black cat, its name will be Lucifer Sam.

Not sure if any of that is very helpful....  :grin

How about "Nozomi," or even "Tokkyu"?

How about BANZAI ?

If the animal refuses to grow: BONSAI

My first and only cat died aged 2 years, that was 10 years ago but I still miss him (can't say 'it'). He was a cat with papers (don't know the english words). I later found out that all cats from that breeder had the same sickness. If I ever get a cat again it will be one which was born after natural selection.

By the way: The breeder named my cat Baton Rouge's Attraction. Which I shortend to Tracky...

Sorry, difficult English in this post...

How about BANZAI ?

If the animal refuses to grow: BONSAI

My first and only cat died aged 2 years, that was 10 years ago but I still miss him (can't say 'it'). He was a cat with papers (don't know the english words). I later found out that all cats from that breeder had the same sickness. If I ever get a cat again it will be one which was born after natural selection.

By the way: The breeder named my cat Baton Rouge's Attraction. Which I shortend to Tracky...

Sorry, difficult English in this post...

Sorry about your loss but I understand that he was a purebred cat. Unfortunately with some purebreds there can be a lot of inbreeding which can cause a lot of medical problems. (Learn this from our Vet) I like the name Banzai but if that was our cat Jake's name, because we yell at him a lot, people would think we were under attack. The reason is Jake knows where his treats are kept and can open doors, drawers, and cabinets to get them. Of all the cat we had or have, he is by far the smartest but is always getting into trouble.  :cheesy

Mudkip Orange

How bout' Nozomi? Nozomi means "wish" in Japanese. A nice train reference there!

Nozomi! do this! Nozomi! Food!

I always wanted to get a Greyhound and name it "Bus."

Pedestrian: "cute dog! what's it's name?"

Mudkip: "Oh, that's my Greyhound, Bus.

I've named my cat 'James' after James May from Top Gear A roommate took the animal over when I went to Germany. James is now supposed to be in Amsterdam somewhere.

A good pal of mine called his cat 'Saus', which stands for 'sauce' in English. Don't ask me why, long story, but it's great to shout its name when the silly beast does something wrong, or is being plain stupid.

Typical Japanese names for cats are 'Tama' [ball] (also used for the mascot from the Wakayama RR Company)and 'Torakko' [Little Tiger] (also used for the mascot from the Katakami Railway Museum).

My wife named our dog puccini (she likes opera) and i thought that would work well with the nick name pooch, but his nickname became chini, go figure...

jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

one on the list for our dog was wasabi.

would have worked as he loves wasabi peas!

cheers

jeff

We have a Tortoise named Wasabi....I think it's a great name  :grin The other goes by the name of Wakame.

Brian; those names look fine, do they have a specific meaning or are they just names?

On a similar thead, we lost one of our Guinea Pigs on New Years eve - named Dhansak. It was very sad and we still miss him very much. It was, however, very important that we got a mate for his brother Dhal...they say there is only one number of Guinea Pigs you should never keep....one. Finding a suitable name is tricky, however today we will be taking delivery of a 6-week old boar who will answer to the name of Phaal.

cheers

jeff

We have a Tortoise named Wasabi....I think it's a great name  :grin The other goes by the name of Wakame.

Brian; those names look fine, do they have a specific meaning or are they just names?

On a similar thead, we lost one of our Guinea Pigs on New Years eve - named Dhansak. It was very sad and we still miss him very much. It was, however, very important that we got a mate for his brother Dhal...they say there is only one number of Guinea Pigs you should never keep....one. Finding a suitable name is tricky, however today we will be taking delivery of a 6-week old boar who will answer to the name of Phaal.

I'm going to hijack the thread for a moment. Claude - Sorry about Dhansak. My wife also has Guinea Pigs she's a 3rd grade teacher. She always gets her pigs at the same Pet store. So far twice she's picked 2 very young females to only find out that they were pregnant. In her research she found out that they become sexually active in 3 weeks. This last litter had 4 babies, 3 females 1 male. Her friend also a female Guinea pig and took one of the females. All the babies got good homes and now we have 3 females. They are great pets. This is Dory.

Okay back to the original thread.

post-22-13569923891293_thumb.jpg

Claude_Dreyfus

Bernard - That is a very cute little guinea pig...then again aren't they all? :grin

This, by the way, is Phaal. He was delivered to us today...birthday 1st December, so he is still very young and very shy.

Sorry Brian, we'll stop hyjacking your thread to talk about rodents...

post-141-13569923891706_thumb.jpg

Hijacked again...Claude, he's cute.

Here is the litter w/mom born Nov 23. My wife made into a Christmas card. Amazing that she got the shot with them lined up.

post-22-13569923892076_thumb.jpg

cheers

jeff

We have a Tortoise named Wasabi....I think it's a great name  :grin The other goes by the name of Wakame.

they are just names, i think my my wife like the sound of Japanese names, some what exotic for a Scandinavien  :cool:

domino

brian