Tomix 300 Series Shinkansen re-run announced!

No, no sorry. You will burn in the forum hell for that...  :angry4:

... no, that's not true. This hell doesn't exist... yet.  :whip2:

Anyway, you are not the only one to forget it even exists.  :cheesy

I may have to look into getting the 300 Series Shinkasen, I have a morbid curiosity about this train. It reminds me of the Cylons from Battlestar Gallactica only in white.

Hi bc6

now you mention it, I see the Cylon connection!  This is great news, it seems to be such a well use Shinkansen, but an ommission in terms of whats available

G

Martijn Meerts

Wasn't the original Tomix 300 series a 7-car base set? This one's a 6-car base set. On the other hand, the latest N700 and 0 series are 4-car base sets I believe.

I'm in 2 minds about this release :

Firstly already owning 2 x 7 car sets, I would love for it too be the old release so I can get some add on sets.....

then :sad:

I would also like too see an updated version but it would not assist my current fleet!!!

What to do ? ???

And the poster:

[smg id=746]

If someone is able to understand it, it might give us an idea if this release is up to the new standards.

And the poster:

[smg id=746]

If someone is able to understand it, it might give us an idea if this release is up to the new standards.

The second bullet point (green one) refers to a flywheel drive system.

good news, already reserved one complete set :grin

if you have one old set don't sell it, the new is different

I hope Tomix make it like with the 100 series X and G set (2 different add-on set with double deck cars)

2 different box whit both panto cars, one whit old shield and cross panto and one with new 700 style shield and single arm panto, maybe this can be an idea)

or maybe one special add-on set or shell trans kit with new cars to complete the old set ??? (with old coupler)

similar like the past 429 car released to complete the first Shinkansen 400 old color 6 cars set (92640)

(a dream, one set with 2 J1 head cars  :cool: ...)

maybe is much simple if I buy 2 sets and use one old set to donate the rooftop whit panto..... (I hope is compatible)  ???

ciao

Massimo

Hezekiah Strawbody

You saw the post above - the new releases don't cater for any of your wishes  :laugh:

If you want to update an old set, then even just getting just the 2 addon sets will not let you get all the correct cars as the two 329 cars are in the main set.

I hope Tomix make it like with the 100 series X and G set (2 different add-on set with double deck cars)

2 different box whit both panto cars, one whit old shield and cross panto and one with new 700 style shield and single arm panto, maybe this can be an idea)

or maybe one special add-on set or shell trans kit with new cars to complete the old set ??? (with old coupler)

similar like the past 429 car released to complete the first Shinkansen 400 old color 6 cars set (92640)

maybe is much simple if I buy 2 sets and use one old set to donate the rooftop whit panto..... (I hope is compatible)   ???

ciao

Massimo

Yes, you have right, (I see now the news from Doug blog) it's a shit like for the last renewed 100 X series, if you have the old complete set with incorrect cars (like me) you can't buy only the 2 new cars you need to complete the right composition

I hope the chassis molding is the same so I can use my old set to donate rooftop (obviously I order another one complete set) and I use the lower chassis to complete my WIN350 kit.... (it's a little bit expensive solution but...)

ciao

Massimo

You saw the post above - the new releases don't cater for any of your wishes  :laugh:

If you want to update an old set, then even just getting just the 2 addon sets will not let you get all the correct cars as the two 329 cars are in the main set.

maybe is much simple if I buy 2 sets and use one old set to donate the rooftop whit panto..... (I hope is compatible)   ???

ciao

Massimo