Kato HO E5 nose coupler

Need for High Speed

Need for High Speed

I may sound stupid for being some one who owns the train asking this.  but can some one please tell the type of coupler the 3-516 Kato HO Hayabusa has in its nose? like what type is it and can I buy a different one to put in it?

If not can I buy the same type to put in other trains? like the MTC CR400AF. Also is the E5 coupler some kind of Kato standard, what is it called?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/1YsAAOSwBwdcpsPs/s-l1600.jpg

image sorce; https://www.jggstamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22189

Thank you to any one who has info on this

I don't know about model versions, but the prototype couplers are made by Sumitomo Metals. They're often described in Japanese publications as a variant of the Shibata couplers developed by the JGR for use on EMU cars before WW2.

Cheers,

Mark.

Need for High Speed

I need help finding a second nose coupler mechanism for the Kato E5 Hayabusa the part number is 1-428C3 and the nose cone is Z34-0629 this way both ends open with a coupler.

I found it on this website but it appears out of stock. does any one know where to find it on Yahoo or something?

Thanks for the help.

Need for High Speed
On 4/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, inobu said:

Did you lose it or break it. post a picture of what you have or what it looks like.

Inobu

The Kato Hayabusa only comes with one of the nose couplers so I am hoping I can find the part to install a second one in the other cab.

Edited by Need for High Speed

Its a complete mechanism not sure about that.   3:07 mark on the video.

The nose coupler seems to be intricate as well as the nose door.